ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (O) new born in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yaarpunjabi
Newly Registered

FLR (O) new born in UK

Post by yaarpunjabi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi Moderator,
i am presently on work permit visa. I have 3 months old baby (born in UK) for whom i am looking to apply dependant visa.
I guess the form required to be filled is FLR (O) and am looking to apply in person (premium service).
I also understand that the form is to be filled in a way that baby herself is filling it in except for the signatures in the end.

Still few queries if you may help me with please.

Page 4 (payment details) -
point 2 & 4 - Contact name and date of birth ( is that for father who is making payment or for baby?)

Recent FLR (O) form has got following sections and i am looking for your guidance what all sections are to be filled. Some will definitely not be applicable but seeks guidance.

Section 1 (applicants details )
Section 2 (uk partner/dependats) - i guess nothing to be filled
section 3 (which category)
section 4 (biometrics)
Section 5 (home & finances)
section 6 (personal history)
section 7 (photgraphs)
section 8 (docuemnts)

regards

firangi

Post by firangi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi
Me too am applying for dependent visa using FLR (O) tomorrow. I am on work permit too.
You are right in saying that the FLR (O) is to be completed in a way that baby herself is filling it in except for the signatures in the end.
Holding this clue, the way I have completed the form is:
Page 4 (payment details)
point 2 & 4 - Contact name and date of birth ( is that for father who is making payment or for baby?)
Point2 – is for legal representative (Solicitors) (refer payment guidance on previous page)
Point 4 – baby’s DOB, as applicant

Recent FLR (O) form has got following sections and i am looking for your guidance what all sections are to be filled. Some will definitely not be applicable but seeks guidance.

Section 1 (applicants details ) - This is to be completed if you, as Main Applicant , is also applying for extension. So ignore it, if you are applying for baby only.
Section 2 (uk partner/dependats) - i guess nothing to be filled - This IS the section that has to be completed as baby would be applying himself/herself as dependent. So I have only completed the CHILD 1 part of it.
My information is based on the guidance given in the Boxes for photographs in both sections (1 and 2), it clearly states where is main applicant photo and dependent photo to be stuck)
section 3 (which category)
Obviously the one which says “Dependent of a person who has.,. other than PBS”. Also sec 8F list the document (birth certificate of baby)
section 4 (biometrics) – As a main applicant I do not have biometric card, as I came to UK before 25nov08. Hence, I have only completed the point 4.10
Section 5 (home & finances) - Not applicable
section 6 (personal history) - only completed sec 6C (as parent of child in the UK)-point 6.16 to 6.24
section 7 (photographs) - obviously tick 2nd option (Dependent)
section 8 (documents) – 8A and 8F (birth certificate only)
Also sign parents declaration for child under 18.
...and then pray to the god !!

yaarpunjabi
Newly Registered

Post by yaarpunjabi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:40 pm

thanks mate for your inputs.
wish you all the best

yaarpunjabi
Newly Registered

Post by yaarpunjabi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:55 pm

hi firangi,
i hope it all went good for you.
Would you recommend any changes post your appointment.
cheers

firangi

Post by firangi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi Yaara

Please complete sec-1 as your child would be main applicant, they said. Except this change, pls follow all the post. My visa appointment went well, the staff was courteous, They did a photo of baby for biometrics, but no finger prints or retina check. I was done in 2 hrs(9am -11am), including the wait for receiving the letter confirming that we will receive biometric card in a 2 weeks. We, infact, received it in 3 days.
We parents (Old work permit holders) have stamped visa on our passports, but the new bornwill get a biometric card, which u obviously will have to carry along with passport.
I hope that's useful. ltet me know if u need any further guidance.
Cheers
Firangi (Happy satisfied applicant ) :D