ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 GENERAL VISA URGENT REPLY PLEASE!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

TIER 2 GENERAL VISA URGENT REPLY PLEASE!!!

Post by vish.sara9 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 pm

hi, I am working for a US based company in The UK as an electronics test technician, with a salary of £ 21067.00 per annum, my company was ready to sponsor me for the visa application to switch into Tier 2, until the adviser came up with SoC codes. According the UKBA my job profile falls under NQF level 3 with SoC code 3112 which says minimum salary should be 10.56 per hour = £20592 per annum. But still my adviser says they cannot apply for Certificate of Sponsorship as my Job is NQF level 3 and if I want to apply with this job my pay should be atleast £23000 per annum.
My visa expires in feb'2013, am already way too late but please help me out of this, I have worked very hard and gone through so many things and I dont want to end up this way.
PLEASE SOMEBODY PUT SOME LIGHT ON THIS.
THANK YOU

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 2 GENERAL VISA URGENT REPLY PLEASE!!!

Post by crazyjelly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:49 pm

vish.sara9 wrote:[hi, I am working for a US based company in The UK as an electronics test technician, with a salary of £ 21067.00 per annum, my company was ready to sponsor me for the visa application to switch into Tier 2, until the adviser came up with SoC codes. According the UKBA my job profile falls under NQF level 3 with SoC code 3112 which says minimum salary should be 10.56 per hour = £20592 per annum. But still my adviser says they cannot apply for Certificate of Sponsorship as my Job is NQF level 3 and if I want to apply with this job my pay should be atleast £23000 per annum.
My visa expires in feb'2013, am already way too late but please help me out of this, I have worked very hard and gone through so many things and I dont want to end up this way.
PLEASE SOMEBODY PUT SOME LIGHT ON THIS.
THANK YOU
Have you tried to speak to your manager regarding this salary issue? My wage was below the min. requirement originally but after speaking to my manager, he asked me not to worry about the salary bit and said they would give me a pay rise! Your current salary is not too far off from the requirement so there might be some room for negotiation eh?! I've been told that you are not required to be paid at/above the min. rate when you make your application. If I were you, i would go talk to my manager ( the one who does your appraisal or recognises your hard work, not the HR!) tomorrow. Ask him/her when you will get your next salary review or if your pay will increase for inflation adjustment (just for example...my company does it every year). Good Luck mate!

p.s. I completely understood how you feel...I've been in this country for 8 years and I would be absolutely gutted if my visa doesnt get approved and I'd have to go home with empty hands ( even tho I might be able to get a better job with better pay in my home country lol I am just so used to living in the UK...)

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

Post by vish.sara9 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Yes I have been in discussions with my HR who has been helping us in this matter but has said they cannot increase my pay since they are not sure about the business situation in the near future, and may even have to lay off some people, so bottom line from HR is they cannot but I have not spoken to anybody else about it in the company, I work far better than many people in the company and am well qualified (masters degree) than them and have even said all this to him but even then there was no use, I have not spoken to my manager though, after all this discussion with my HR now i dont think i can talk to my manager.. .. ..and thank for understanding my situation, totally upset for not being able to extend my visa after all the hard work, paying soo much tax, being so sincere and dedicated!!! Not fair!!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:41 pm

the job needs to be at NQF level 6 or above for you to switch into tier 2.

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

Post by vish.sara9 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes i know n my job can b considered as NQF Level 6 under SoC code 2123 or 2124 too so now the problem is with my salary