ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Cash Saving requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Happy28

Help! Cash Saving requirement

Post by Happy28 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi All,

I got a little bit confused about the financial requirement, so I guess some people here migh help me out on this questions.

I have read the Financial requirement on UKBA, and it mentions cash savings above GBP 16,000 can be used to meet all or part of the finanical requirement.

My questions is the following:
1. if my partner has already met the gross annual income of GBP 18,600 requirement, do we still require to submit the bank statment, which shows that there are more than GBP 16,000 in saving account for 6 months ?
2. Both my and my partner's saving accounts are changing all the time. Do we have to show that we have GBP 16,000 above in the bank account/saving account for the entire 6 months or it will be okay as long as we show that we have more than GBP 16,000 in our bank accounts when we submit the application ?

Thanks in advance !

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Help! Cash Saving requirement

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Happy28 wrote:I have read the Financial requirement on UKBA, and it mentions cash savings above GBP 16,000 can be used to meet all or part of the finanical requirement. !
That's only the entry level amount rather than the sum necessary. You would need to add this 16K to the salary shortfall (which would have been multiplied by 2.5). All sums need to have been held for six months.

Someone with no salary would need savings of 16K + (18,6K x 2.5) = 62,5K

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Please keep your queries about your application under one topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!