ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Qualifying period :?: Help plz !!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dulu
Newly Registered

ILR Qualifying period :?: Help plz !!!

Post by Dulu » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi all,,,been reading the forum from some days and really like all the helpful info you can get from one forum.
Now my question is that I came here in the UK on a spouse visa from Pakistan.I know that I can apply for ILR no early than 28 days before the end of my 2 years period in UK.& that is sooo confusing for me to understand.Would be glad if somebody can help me in calculating the date when i can apply for my ILR.Details are;

Entered UK on : 22nd December 2010
Visa Expires on : 03rd March 2013

Went for a month's holiday to Pakistan on : 20 October 2012
Came Back on : 16th November 2012

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 pm

You may apply for settlement no earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of your entry in the UK as spouse of a settled person / British citizen, and ideally, no later than the expiry date of current leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Dulu
Newly Registered

Post by Dulu » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Yes,,,,but do I need to take off my absences from the country from the 2 year period or it doesn't matters and my 2 year still end on 22nd December 2012 ?