ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Sponsorship wait times?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Farah13
Canada

Certificate of Sponsorship wait times?

Post by Farah13 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi - I've been hired by a school and they are sponsoring me. They are already on the registered sponsors list - and have applied for a CoS for me.
Based on what I've read it is apparently suppose to take 2-3 days to issue a CoS electronically. However it's been about 14 days - and my school has told me the system still says "pending".

Have there been delays recently? Should I be worried?

I've returned home to Canada and am awaiting my COS # so that I may apply for my visa. I've left my stuff in the UK - under the impression everything should go well. Am I freaking out for nothing? Is waiting this long normal?

Thanks!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:40 pm

what is your present immmigration status and will your employer be sponsoring you for?

Ram_123
Newly Registered

Post by Ram_123 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi
you mean your employer has already assigned the COS for you and waiting to get approval from UKBA?
My employer assigned COS to me yesterday and said it takes 10 days approve and generate the reference number.
Not sure how long it is going to take.

Farah13
Canada

Post by Farah13 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Ram_123 wrote:Hi
you mean your employer has already assigned the COS for you and waiting to get approval from UKBA?
My employer assigned COS to me yesterday and said it takes 10 days approve and generate the reference number.
Not sure how long it is going to take.
I am on a YMS Visa ... exp in Dec.

My COS applied for the reference # so that I may apply for a visa from Canada.

They applied I believe on Nov 9 ... I am just worried its taking so long :(

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:12 pm

what are you going to be sponsored for? Tier 2? Tier 4?

Farah13
Canada

Post by Farah13 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:26 pm

manci wrote:what are you going to be sponsored for? Tier 2? Tier 4?
I am sponsored under Tier 2 General.
My employer is a school that is on the Registered Sponsor List.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Now you clarified the situation. Since it is not possible to switch from YMS to T2G in-country your employer has to apply for a restricted CoS for you. These are dealt with by UKBA on a monthly cycle. Applications received by the 5th of a month are decided on the 11th.

Farah13
Canada

Post by Farah13 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 pm

manci wrote:Now you clarified the situation. Since it is not possible to switch from YMS to T2G in-country your employer has to apply for a restricted CoS for you. These are dealt with by UKBA on a monthly cycle. Applications received by the 5th of a month are decided on the 11th.
Ahh .... so since my employer sent the application on November 9th ... then my CoS # will be issued Dec 11?

Thanks so much for your reply!