ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR payment and documents/ Please Help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrmoges
Newly Registered

ILR payment and documents/ Please Help!

Post by mrmoges » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 am

Please help me answer this questions:
My wife is applying for ILR this week. I need to know:
Q1- I understand the payment methods are Cheque • Postal Order • Credit card1 - Visa (including Electron), MasterCard or American Express (Amex) • Debit card - Delta, Maestro* (including Solo) • Banker’s draft (payable to the Home Office). Both me and my wife have Visa DEBIT card which isn't included in the list so I'm thinking we should do Banker's Draft as after checking Postal Order payments seemed a lot more. Is that an easy and best payment way for UKBA? Any advice?

Q2- I've gathered all the documents we need to send with the application form (Such as: marriage certificate, all bills and letters that came through over the last two years, Passports, Pictures, Life in the UK test pass notification)
My concerns are: 2.1 - my wife don't have her birth certificate on her at the moment, she left it back home. Is it necessary to provide with the passport and marriage certificate available? 2.2 - Her pay slips are sent to through her email but still have the company's logo on the paper. is it ok?
2.3 - Our bills and letters: are on separate names but we lived in one address the whole two years, we never been addressed as mr and mrs, culturally women don't take over husband's name as well in my country of origin and all the letters and bills are either to her or me but spread through the last two years. Is that ok? 2.4 Looking at her last 3 to 6 months account, her main bank account didn't have much money (around 600 to 800 in average) and her savings account usually around £800 to £1100 on average. is that acceptable? Thank you in advance!! :)

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:25 am

Hi mrmoges,

I answer what I can, but you need to give more information about your and your wifes immigration history to get complete inputs.
Q1- I understand the payment methods are Cheque • Postal Order • Credit card1 - Visa (including Electron), MasterCard or American Express (Amex) • Debit card - Delta, Maestro* (including Solo) • Banker’s draft (payable to the Home Office). Both me and my wife have Visa DEBIT card which isn't included in the list so I'm thinking we should do Banker's Draft as after checking Postal Order payments seemed a lot more. Is that an easy and best payment way for UKBA? Any advice?
Visa debit cards work too.
Q2- I've gathered all the documents we need to send with the application form (Such as: marriage certificate, all bills and letters that came through over the last two years, Passports, Pictures, Life in the UK test pass notification)
Again this will depend on what category you are applying in etc. Please provide information about your immigration histories.
2.4 Looking at her last 3 to 6 months account, her main bank account didn't have much money (around 600 to 800 in average) and her savings account usually around £800 to £1100 on average. is that acceptable? Thank you in advance!!
There is no maintenance fund requirement for ILR, so you should be ok. If you do pay by debit card make sure you have enough money in the account you are paying from though.
Challenges make life worth it!