ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi guys, I was just looking for some advice concerning my application for a Family Visitor Visa in January 2013 to visit my husband.
My last visit was a Visitor for Marriage Visa and I came in early June 2012 for around 70 days and got married on August 1st 2012. I have also previously visited my then fiance on two occasions on a single 6 month General Visitor Visa for one month and 2 months respectively.

I now want to apply for a 1 year Family Visitor Visa (as I am now married but still have ties with my country which means I cannot leave Russia yet or apply for a settlement visa just yet) and was wondering if it is ok to put 2 months on the application form as my duration of stay for my first visit (is it too much in the eyes of the ECO)? I have all the supporting documents (my job is letting me have 2 months off) and I have never had a problem with a visa or overstayed on any visa (or stayed over 180 days in a 12 month period).

Thanks in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:39 pm

If you are an historical regular traveller to the UK, with good ties to your homeland, there is every possibility of a long-term visit visa being granted. The key to success in this category is showing the continual regularity of short tips, as this is why you need this type of visa - to avoid the need to keep making applications and waiting for it to be issued.

What you have to avoid is any notion that it will be used to spend long periods in the UK.

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Would 2 months be classed as a short trip? My ties to Russia are a job I have had for almost 3 years and property in my name. Hopefully that should be enough.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:32 pm

You should base the application on the need to come and go regularly rather than on one particular visit.

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks again. The application form only allows to put the dates of your initial visit. And the only place we can state that I wish to re-enter on more than one occasion is in the invitation letter that my husband will write and in the 'Additional Information' section of the application form. All other supporting documents are the same as any other Visitor Visa (apart from proof of relationship i.e. marriage certificate, photos etc).

What I want to know is if all the supporting documents are in order (letter from work saying I can have 2 months off work, proof of salary, bank statements, property deeds. Would the fact that the initial visit is for a 2 month period in itself warrant a refusal?

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Can someone advise us?