ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skonky

Hoping for the best

Post by Skonky » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Oh wow this is ridiculous
Was really hoping to have this whole saga over with
On the plus side I was able to send them everything they asked for
Just didnt think to send my bank statements

Do you think they will ask again if they want them or just reject application

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:08 pm

here is my final timeline:

Docs sent: 03/07/12
Application received by UKBA: 04/07/12
Ack. letter: Dated 09/07/12
Requested sponsor's passport for business travel: 13/07/12. Arrived: 25/08/12
Biometrics appt: Post office 28/08/12
Docs from HO: 15 November 2012 (dated 13 Nov)
Biometric Card: 21 November 2012 (arranged delivery)
Visa From: Tier1

thanks to everyone for being a great support! good luck to all those still waiting!!

neoid33
Newly Registered

Re: Hoping for the best

Post by neoid33 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Skonky wrote:Oh wow this is ridiculous
Was really hoping to have this whole saga over with
On the plus side I was able to send them everything they asked for
Just didnt think to send my bank statements

Do you think they will ask again if they want them or just reject application
Not that I have a magic crystal ball to see it.
But I am the type hate leaving things by chance. (control freak in da house) :twisted:
So, if it's me in your situation. I'll immediately draft another cover letter to explain the overlook and attach as many document proof as I can.
By doing so:
1)It reduces the chances of reject / delay further.
2)It eliminate caseworker suspicious, which will again improve your chances.

Again. Best of luck :)
neoid33

kash_hash

Post by kash_hash » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:48 am

something intresting for you guys:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20436013

mishfitt

My current waiting times... FLR(m)

Post by mishfitt » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 am

FLR(M) posted: 7/9/12
Receipt: 14/9/12
still waiting....
Biometrics letter:
Biometrics submitted:
Passport/Docs:
Biometric Card:
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: P
:(

samestory

Post 9th July 2012 FLR(M) applicants

Post by samestory » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello guys,

Please, I would like to know if there's anyone who applied after 9th July when the new rules were put in place and who has been issued a visa. Even if you were lucky to get a same day premium service and was issued a visa, I would like to hear from you. So far, I'm not sure these new rules are actually been implemented.

waitsomemore
Newly Registered

Post by waitsomemore » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:54 pm

FLR app in 3/8/12
ACK LETTER dated 6/8/12, but not received until a week later....
BIO LETTER received 21/11/12!!

now...wait some more!

mindhunter89
Newly Registered

Post by mindhunter89 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 am

Hi everyone!

Doc sent: 05/07/12
Application received by UKBA: 06/07/12
Ack. letter: Dated 13/07/12
Biometrics letter: Dated 06/09/12
Biometrics taken: Post office 12/09/12
Docs return: Waiting
Biometric Card: Waiting

:roll: :D

cezza2012
Newly Registered

Post by cezza2012 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:26 am

UPDATE:

My husbands application was refused on the basis that his visa was curtailed on the 20th April, and because he didnt apply within 28 days they rejected on this basis however if they done there work properly 28 working days it exactly from the date his visa was curtailed to the date we applied , we are seeking advice from an immigration lawyer, however they did give him a 30 month visa for limited leave to remain( family life as a parent) via the 10 year route, which I also think is disgraceful as they have now based this on rules past July when the application was made in may, people may wonder why we are annoyed at this but it's due to the fact, what if we had no daughter , my husband would have been sent to his country and our marraige would be scattered, so we are seeking advice on this matter !!! Also does anyone kno if you can change from llr(parent) to flrm as if we cannot get this sorted we will apply for this one come the time!! As to renew this visa they have issued is £1850 which is alot of money to renew a visa!!!!

Date Applied/Docs sent: 21-05-12
Ack. Letter Dated: 31-05-12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived:13-06-12
Date Biometrics Appointment: 15-06-12
Requested Marriage cert/driving licence: 04-09-12
Recieve Requested Doc: 12-09-2912
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:19-11-12
Result & VISA stamped/BRP: REFUSED

Visa: switching from tier 4(general) to spouse FLR(M)

ID29

Re: Post 9th July 2012 FLR(M) applicants

Post by ID29 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 pm

samestory wrote:Hello guys,

I would like to know if there's anyone who applied after 9th July... I'm not sure these new rules are actually been implemented.
They have, but only for those applying for FLR after that date... However those people already on the 'path to settlement' will have the old rules applied. Example, you applied to enter the UK as a fiancée, spouse or other family before 9th July but then apply for FLR after the 9th will still be under the old rules. As Leave to Enter visas are usually limited to 6 months duration, it won't be long before everyone falls under the new rules anyway.

You don't say which visa/category you are switching from?
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa From: Proposed CP

ID29

Post by ID29 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:34 pm

cezza2012 wrote:UPDATE:

My husbands application was refused on the basis that his visa was curtailed on the 20th April, and because he didnt apply within 28 days
I'm sorry to hear your news cezza but not surprised.

I'm afraid you have misread the 'within 28 days' incorrectly. It appears your husband's Tier 4 Leave expired BEFORE you applied for FLR and he would technically have been classed as an overstayer. I believe you should have applied for a new visa/leave 28 days before the expiry of the Tier 4.

In the circumstances, you've been very lucky. They might have given him notice to leave the UK instead... and they are getting tougher on this now.

Sadly, your error has made your case more complicated but it is possible to proceed from here. I strongly suggest you get advice from a qualified lawyer to explore your options.

Best wishes
John
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa From: Proposed CP

viking12
Newly Registered

Here is my final timeline (I've been waiting to say this!!!)

Post by viking12 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:32 pm

I finally got all my docs and passport back with the BRP.

A big thank you to everyone here. You guys have been very supportive

Posted on 27/02/2012
UKBA Received on 28/02/2012
Acknowledgement Letter received- 15/03/2012 (Although letter was dated 29/02/2012)
Requested for more docs- 05-11-2012
Send more docs- 08-11-2012
Passport Received- 17-11-2012
BRP- 19-11-2012

The long almost 9 month wait is finally over!!

I'm free!!!!!

Well for now..haha

Skonky

Sighhhhhh

Post by Skonky » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Took your advice neoid and sent extra documents.

Hope to hear soon
Thanks for support

samestory

Re: Post 9th July 2012 FLR(M) applicants

Post by samestory » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:25 pm

ID29 wrote: You don't say which visa/category you are switching from?
Thanks for responding ID29.

I know the new rules apply to me as I researched very well before applying. It's unfortunate as I coudn't get the required documents soon enough before the 9th of July. I switched from Tier 4.

It's really heart-breaking for me to read some of the comments on here regarding FLR(m) applications. Life as an immigrant is very difficult. Although my husband is white British, I can imagine how difficult it must be for partners who are both foreigners on the journey to settle over here. The visa fees are simply outrageous. With both partners from some other countries - one working legally here and the other waiting at home for many months to get a decision on FLR(M) application, and with most immigrants not earning much, how then can they justify asking for very high visa fees? It must be very difficult. Even people who were born here cannot raise that amount just like that. I have assumed that the need for embassies is to ensure that agreements are reached between countries and usually to draw attention to issues of concern with host countries. Why is nobody saying anything? No representative. There must be a way to let the government know that the pressure from waiting for 6-9 months after going through the pain of gathering all sorts of documents for a visa and paying astronomical sums from £550 - £6,000 is breaking us emotionally, psychologically, financially, socially, etc. I can imagine that some immigrants' legal status here became null because current visas expired without been able to raise money to renew their visas. Therefore, the rumour about many persons allowed into the country now missing. It is reasonable if they could lower their fees to what people can generally afford so every prospective applicant can make an effort to become a legal resident. Adding that to money going away here and there - writing the mandatory English tests cost almost £200 when a DVLA driving test is about £31 and this amount could be reasonable for an English test to make life easier on immigrants. These visa fees will be paid thrice towards settling here with the new rules. Every country has a right to protect its borders the way it likes but consideration should be given to help us integrate.

Any news from anyone applying under the FLR(M) new rules?

samestory

Post by samestory » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:40 pm

My husbands application was refused on the basis that his visa was curtailed on the 20th April, and because he didnt apply within 28 days they rejected
Hello Cezza,

I'm sorry about the decision on your husband's application. I know you must feel terrible. I am trying to switch from Tier 4 to spouse visa too and wanted to know (if you don't mind) why his visa was curtailed in the first place. In what instances are visas curtailed?

Still.Waiting

Re: Here is my final timeline (I've been waiting to say this

Post by Still.Waiting » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:43 pm

viking12 wrote:I finally got all my docs and passport back with the BRP.

Posted on 27/02/2012
Acknowledgement Letter received- 15/03/2012 (Although letter was dated 29/02/2012)
BRP- 19-11-2012

I'm free!!!!!

Well for now..haha
Congrate ! can you please tell me what documents did the request from you? Thanks

viking12
Newly Registered

Re: Here is my final timeline (I've been waiting to say this

Post by viking12 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:
viking12 wrote:I finally got all my docs and passport back with the BRP.

Posted on 27/02/2012
BRP- 19-11-2012

I'm free!!!!!

Well for now..haha
Congrate ! can you please tell me what documents did the request from you? Thanks
They requested for more documents to prove that we are living together. And also wanted applicant 6 months bank statement, 6 months payslip.

Because I applied back in Feb and they took so long to process it they wanted to more recent documents.

They also wanted to know that me and my wife are still together and to show proof (such as hospital appointments, utility bills addressed to both etc)

Any more questions, let me know

crowline

flr m

Post by crowline » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 pm

hi guys does anyone know if yr sponsor has to be employed for you to get flr m? my wife is unemployed(British). iam employed and earn abt 16000 per annum and so currently supporting us both. we have no dependants. will this affect my application? plz advice. thanks y'all 4 keepg forum alive

cezza2012
Newly Registered

Post by cezza2012 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:21 pm

samestory wrote:
My husbands application was refused on the basis that his visa was curtailed on the 20th April, and because he didnt apply within 28 days they rejected
Hello Cezza,

I'm sorry about the decision on your husband's application. I know you must feel terrible. I am trying to switch from Tier 4 to spouse visa too and wanted to know (if you don't mind) why his visa was curtailed in the first place. In what instances are visas curtailed?
He came to study at aberdeen however when he got here he wanted to change his sponsor to gcu after accetping him and taking thousands for school fees gcu wouldnt give him a cas letter to apply to update his sponsor, and aberdeen let ukba know he hadnt been studying there so, they sent him the letter saying his visa was curtailed if he wanted to appeal he should do so within 28 working days, instead of appealing we put in a fresh application, because of our daughter they have overlooked out human rights as a married couple which i feel is unfair, yeah we are glad he hasnt been asked to leave the country but our marriage mean the world to us and they refused him a spouse visa which is why we are seeking legal advice and making him go down the 10 year route via parent visa even though our application was submitted in may before any of the changes..... everything will be fine for yourself aslong as you havent breeched anything..

cezza2012
Newly Registered

Post by cezza2012 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:30 pm

ID29 wrote:

My husbands application was refused on the basis that his visa was curtailed on the 20th April, and because he didnt apply within 28 days
I'm sorry to hear your news cezza but not surprised.

I'm afraid you have misread the 'within 28 days' incorrectly. It appears your husband's Tier 4 Leave expired BEFORE you applied for FLR and he would technically have been classed as an overstayer. I believe you should have applied for a new visa/leave 28 days before the expiry of the Tier 4.

In the circumstances, you've been very lucky. They might have given him notice to leave the UK instead... and they are getting tougher on this now.

Sadly, your error has made your case more complicated but it is possible to proceed from here. I strongly suggest you get advice from a qualified lawyer to explore your options.

Best wishes
John
his visa was valid till may 2013, but they sent a letter saying it had been curtailed, if he wanted to appeal against the decsision to apply within 28 working day, we thought because his circumstances had changed a fresh application should be made because he had no grounds to appeal and the application was sent 28 working days after the date on the letter, i will let you all kno what happens anyways :-)... but i was lead to believe this 28 days thing hadnt taken effect until october this year ?

samestory

Re: flr m

Post by samestory » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:39 pm

crowline wrote: my wife is unemployed(British). iam employed and earn abt 16000 per annum and so currently supporting us both. we have no dependants. will this affect my application?
Crowline, I don't think she must be working for you to be successful but her job would have given your application a good chance and made things much easier for you. Have a look at the link below: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... financial/

You can meet the financial requirement through:
the income from employment or self employment of your sponsor;
the income from your employment or self employment if you are in the UK;
certain income from sources other than employment, such as rent from property;
state or private pensions of you and your sponsor;
maternity allowances or bereavement benefits received in the UK; or
cash savings over a certain level (the amount of savings that you need to have will depend the level of other income that you and your sponsor have . If you are applying to enter the UK, you will need to have a higher level of savings than if you are applying to extend your stay).

The fact that you're already working in the UK, means your income can be included in meeting the financial requirement. The problem however is that your income alone doesn't meet their requirement. You will have to augment this amount using savings, about £16,000 (in an account for about 6 months) but because your income is only short by £2,600 and you have no dependants, I don't know how this applies to you.

Maybe try applying with your payslips and as much savings as you can instead of letting your current visa expire (if you have not applied already), then encourage your partner to get any job, even a £10,000/year job of hers paired with your £16,000 will help you get through with the requirement. It takes almost 6-9 months currently to get the spouse visa processed. You send in your application with your slips + savings, she gets a job and stays in work for the next 6 months, you can then send an update of her payslips plus yours to them while you're still waiting for a decision on your application. Hopefully the timeline will help you get through. This is just my reasoning. Your decision. Goodluck.

neoid33
Newly Registered

Re: flr m

Post by neoid33 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:10 pm

crowline wrote:hi guys does anyone know if yr sponsor has to be employed for you to get flr m? my wife is unemployed(British). iam employed and earn abt 16000 per annum and so currently supporting us both. we have no dependants. will this affect my application? plz advice. thanks y'all 4 keepg forum alive
1. Possible for pre 9th July 2012 rules, as minimum annual income isn't stated as a requirements. They use available funds for living maintenance instead.
2. If it's new or post 9th July. My understanding are 2 scenario.
a)Either sponsor/applicant have a 18.6K PA income (assuming applying from able to work tier to FLR(M).
b)Applicant or sponsor able to show 6 months savings statements consist min £16K or more. (No children)

Personally, I think 2A is much easier than 2B. 2B means you will need to have hard cash inside a bank account for more than 6months statement.
Read this if you want to. Starting from bottom of page 6
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

If i did have more than £16K in savings scenario, priority PEO appointment will be my 1st choice as well!

samestory

Post by samestory » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:19 pm

cezza2012 wrote:
samestory wrote:
I am trying to switch from Tier 4 to spouse visa too and wanted to know (if you don't mind) why his visa was curtailed in the first place. In what instances are visas curtailed?
He came to study at aberdeen however when he got here he wanted to change his sponsor to gcu after accetping him and taking thousands for school fees gcu wouldnt give him a cas letter ..... everything will be fine for yourself aslong as you havent breeched anything..
Thanks dear. I wondered if Tier 4 visas were issued and then reduced without the visa holder's knowledge. I have breached nothing but until you have it in your hand, you can never be sure. I am sure you and your partner will be fine in the end. The most important thing is that you are all together at the moment and happy; the annoying bit being to pay for legal fees to hopefully sort the unpleasantness out.

crowline

thx

Post by crowline » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:16 am

thx 'samestory' and 'neiod' for yr advice. I actually applied for flr m abt 7months ago and still waiting!! I used all the money in my acct since then as I didnt expect to have to produce statement again. however seems everyone is being asked to re-submit. can I use foreign bank savings statement as proof of funds??

samestory

Re: thx

Post by samestory » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:35 am

crowline wrote:thx 'samestory' and 'neiod' for yr advice. I actually applied for flr m abt 7months ago and still waiting!! I used all the money in my acct since then as I didnt expect to have to produce statement again. however seems everyone is being asked to re-submit. can I use foreign bank savings statement as proof of funds??
Well, the new rules don't apply to you. You probably applied about April 2012. The old rules require you to show maintenance funds. I don't think a foreign account would be relevant in your case. And since you've gone past the 6 months wait, you are right they may ask for more documents. But who knows, they might also process your documents without asking for further proof. Goodluck.