ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angelloveguy

10 years long residency

Post by angelloveguy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:02 am

Hello

My friend is here for almost 10 years and his Tier 1 general visa is going to expire 38 days before his 10 years long residency. he is here with 3 kids and wife so if he will go for a Tier 1 extension it will cost him fortune.

Is there anyway he can apply for his 10 years long residency?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:08 am

Make an application to extend by post and then vary that to SET(O) after 10 days. If you don't know what I am referring to then you won't be able to help your friend, and it would be better if he had a professional make this process.

metro_3
Newly Registered

Post by metro_3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Make an application to extend by post and then vary that to SET(O) after 10 days. If you don't know what I am referring to then you won't be able to help your friend, and it would be better if he had a professional make this process.

Hi lucapooka,

Im reaching my 10 yr long residence in mid january 2013, i have applied for a student visa which is still being processed (5 months). can i apply for the SET (O) now. or should i wait till mid January. advice needed please !!!

Thanks