ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dipmm2000d

Re: Interesting Fact abt 10 yrs Long Residence

Post by dipmm2000d » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:What a drastic fall in 10 yrs route, If the below table provided by the UKBA is to be believed then there is a fall of almost 93% in Oct to that of applications made in September and almost 98% to that of Apps made in June, July & August. So hopefully there should be lesser waiting times.

Another interesting fact is that, Only 10 applications were made in the month of October and 7 out of those are on our spread sheet...

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 024882.pdf

The above message is only to make people (waiting) feel better and the findings are purely my analysis. However, these assumptions are derived from the facts obtained from the Home Office.

Statutory Warning: Members/Viewers are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.

On what basis then UKBA mentioned processing time for October applicants' 29 calendar days where none of us received Bio yet.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:05 am

dipmm2000d wrote: On what basis then UKBA mentioned processing time for October applicants' 29 calendar days where none of us received Bio yet.

After analyzing the data provided by the HO and the data we got on the spread sheet it looks like its their aiming SLA (Service Level Agreement) and not the actual figure. So we can say they are aiming to send Bio letters within or around 29 calendar days...

Statutory Warning: Members/Viewers are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

hash_1310
Newly Registered

Post by hash_1310 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:17 am

Hats Off to the person asking such intelligent question from office and publishing the response for everyone to read. I particularly liked the last question which reflects how the current Govt. is decreasing the immigration figures........simply by not dealing with the cases on time.

EVERYONE MUST READ HIGHLY RECOMMENDABLE.

dipmm2000d wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:What a drastic fall in 10 yrs route, If the below table provided by the UKBA is to be believed then there is a fall of almost 93% in Oct to that of applications made in September and almost 98% to that of Apps made in June, July & August. So hopefully there should be lesser waiting times.

Another interesting fact is that, Only 10 applications were made in the month of October and 7 out of those are on our spread sheet...

The above message is only to make people (waiting) feel better and the findings are purely my analysis. However, these assumptions are derived from the facts obtained from the Home Office.

On what basis then UKBA mentioned processing time for October applicants' 29 calendar days where none of us received Bio yet.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:30 am

TheDefib wrote: please tell me how I can access this spreadsheet ?
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid ... &app=Excel

u mi8 need a MS login to edit
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Ged

Post by Ged » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:36 am

TheDefib and Ritzchan are now in the spreadsheet which can be accessed from.

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

@hash_1310: UKBA are misleading people by claiming that they are able to resolve 95% of applications within the target range of 6 months. This is evident from the data on the sky-drive. The list of waiting applications is growing much faster than the list of resolved applications according to our sky-drive file.

let_koko

BIO Update

Post by let_koko » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:04 am

Got an update for you guys
Got my BIO IV this morning, waited for 3 Months and 17 days and the letter is dated 20 November
I wrote to them on that same day which means the BIO IV letter haa already gone out before my letter
Those that are waiting, you shall get your BIO IV in no time In Jesus Name

Ged

Post by Ged » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:05 am

A question for interested parties, and apologies if I am over-analyzing;

In the UKBA letter here;

the answer to the question 1 includes an interesting table. In this table we can see a strange trend in numbers of applicants in 10 years long stay category starting from
510 applicants in June 2012
500 applicants in July 2012,
505 applicants in August 2012,
165 applicants in September and,
Only 10 applicants in October 2012.

Why would that be? Why would the 10 years category applicants suddenly fall when it appears steady in the past? I know it is not 100% indicative but I can count 8 of the October applicants are already in our sky-drive and this is not so different than the numbers of the September applicants. I suspect the table they provided in their answer is simply b******t or not up to date.

I would appreciate if anyone have insight to clarify this sudden drop in 10 years category applicants?

Update: I noticed that Missniu's post (Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:25 pm) indicates UKBA has a backlog of 150.000 unopened special delivery envelopes, which may answer my question. The numbers were simply not up to date.

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:49 am

Hi Ged,

I have no idea but the October number seemed strange to me too. The only reason I could come up with is that colleges start in September, so most people with student visa get them just before that. Thus, they are eligible to apply for ILR just before September. The September number also is quite small at 165.

K

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:07 pm

I have registered my BIO details today

Ged

Post by Ged » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Let_koko, your details are updated.

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:14 pm

If Damanisshallo could ask for figures that cover the past two years, we could be able to get better insight on processing time, trends and patterns.

K.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:25 pm

kebl303 wrote:If Damanisshallo could ask for figures that cover the past two years, we could be able to get better insight on processing time, trends and patterns.

K.
There you go...Done for you...Not quite similar but still ....

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 024598.pdf
Skydrives, Templates

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Damanisshallo,

Thanks, what those figures tell us is that on average there are 600 applications per month and that it is twice as much as it was between 2008 to 2010. What we should ask for is applications per each month, how many ILR were given each month over the last two years, how many refusals per month over the last two years, actual average Biometric invite waiting time and average total waiting time over the last six months. If we can get that data, then we will be able to have a better understanding of the whole process.

K

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:48 pm

kebl303 wrote:What we should ask for is applications per each month, how many ILR were given each month over the last two years, how many refusals per month over the last two years, actual average Biometric invite waiting time and average total waiting time over the last six months. If we can get that data, then we will be able to have a better understanding of the whole process.
K
Good to see that you are so much interested in analyzing the data into such minute detail. Please feel free by all means to compose your query and send it to the UKBA via http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/new/ukba

However, I shall warn you that it takes at least 20 working days for them to respond to your query. However, at times they've pushed the bar (as usual) in responding to 47 days where as by law they were meant to within 20 working days.

I'll be surprised to see if you come back to this forum (you may have got your ILR sorted by then) to share your experience in dealing with this query.

Good Luck.
Skydrives, Templates

Ritzchan
Newly Registered

Post by Ritzchan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 pm

[quote="let_koko"]I have registered my BIO details today[/quote]

Congratulations let_koko I hope mine is on its way too ...

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:15 pm

I'll be surprised to see if you come back to this forum (you may have got your ILR sorted by then) to share your experience in dealing with this query.

Good Luck.[/quote]

I just received the Biometric invite last week. So, I think there is still a lot of waiting I have to do. I will try to ask them for more information over the weekend and I will share whatever response they give.

K

missniu
Newly Registered

Re: BIO Update

Post by missniu » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:33 pm

[quote="let_koko"]Got an update for you guys
Got my BIO IV this morning, waited for 3 Months and 17 days and the letter is dated 20 November
I wrote to them on that same day which means the BIO IV letter haa already gone out before my letter
Those that are waiting, you shall get your BIO IV in no time In Jesus Name[/quote]

Yayyy.... I'm so happy for you let_koko. I have been thinking of you and putting you in my prayers since you expressed your happiness for me. Congrats and I pray it is a positive step forward....

missniu
Newly Registered

Post by missniu » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Please update my timeline on the skydrive

Biometric letter received 22nd November (dated 15th November)
Biometric enrolled 23rd November

Thanks

Ritzchan
Newly Registered

Post by Ritzchan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:18 am

Hi All looks like all Early august people have now got their Bio IV EXCEPT Me please pray for me all so that I get it soon too... Congrats to all this who have got their BIO IV and done it....

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:14 am

[quote="Ritzchan"]Hi All looks like all Early august people have now got their Bio IV EXCEPT Me please pray for me all so that I get it soon too... Congrats.
@ Ritzchan, worry not, you will get your BIO IV this week. its well
@ Missniu, Thanks my friend, the wait continues, hopefully in 2 months, we should hear back from HO

mkhan991
Newly Registered

Post by mkhan991 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:16 am

Hi everyone....i got my bio invite
Letter dated-21/11/12
Received-22/11/12
Got it done-23/11/12
Can somebody plz update my details on the excel sheet
Thnx

aksi

Post by aksi » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:24 am

Ritzchan wrote:Hi All looks like all Early august people have now got their Bio IV EXCEPT Me please pray for me all so that I get it soon too... Congrats to all this who have got their BIO IV and done it....
I am also waiting for BIO, applied in August.

TheDefib
Newly Registered

Incorrect details on Skydrive spreadsheet

Post by TheDefib » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Hello, I just checked the spreadsheet, I applied on 17th of October and received akn letter on 25th of October, not September.

TheDefib
Newly Registered

Re Skydrive

Post by TheDefib » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanks a lot, I have a hotmail account, but still can only view and not edit the document.

naqeeb

Query

Post by naqeeb » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi,

I applied on 22nd August and received my Bio Metric invitation letter today. Just want to find out that home office sending the bio metric invitation letter means my application will be successful or what?

Thanks Naqeeb