ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 application sent, now I have a job interview!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TheDefib
Newly Registered

ILR 10 application sent, now I have a job interview!!!

Post by TheDefib » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Dear Friends,

I have sent my application for settlement under the 10 year rule on the 17th of October, I am expecting a positive outcome as it is straightforward with MSc and a medical degree. I couldn't apply under Tier 1 which I have as am currently in academic research and been out of work for a while. my current tier 1 visa runs out on 7th of January.

My dilemma is the fact I should have a job interview in 1st of February, and obviously they will require proof I can legally work here. I have requested help/advice from the British medical association (professional union).
I wonder what advice you can provide me with in this case , I have copies of all relevant passport pages.

Kind Regards
TheDefib

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

TheDefib
Newly Registered

Post by TheDefib » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks a lot, that is very helpful. I will try to make the future employer aware of this and use it in time.