ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employer letterfor ilr?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluemadimor
Newly Registered

employer letterfor ilr?

Post by bluemadimor » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:00 pm

Hello friends i just wanted to know if anyone went to HO for ILR approval with aa employer letter which is 3weeks old? please answer to my query and if so, tell me yopur experience.
thankyou.

bluemadimor
Newly Registered

Re: employer letterfor ilr?

Post by bluemadimor » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:04 pm

Hello friends :?
i just wanted to know if anyone went to HO for ILR approval with an employer letter which is 3 weeks old? please answer to my query and if so, tell me your experience.
thankyou.[and do please tell me if anyone has processed their application through an agent and who is the best?]

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:38 pm

The way I see it you have a couple of options:

1. Get a new letter and apply immediately.

2. Apply with the current letter (now nearly 4 weeks old) and bring your more recent payslip which proves that you are still employed.

3. Wait a while, and before you know it, the letter will be 6 weeks old!

My recommendation is try 1 but if you can't do that go for 2. I don't think an agent adds any value here, but if you don't feel confident doing it youself, then do use an agent. This Board does not recommend agents, although our hosts workpermit.com are a good place to start if you really want to use an agent.

But don't wait long or ask too many open questions, just do it.

Joseph

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:48 am

As per my pm to you concur with Joseph - 3 week letter ok but clock ticking away so get a move on. In addition to latest pay slips (last 3 months) I would carry contract of employment to demonstrate (presumably) open ended terms as opposed to a fixed contract.

KK70
Newly Registered

Post by KK70 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:59 pm

Thanks bluemadimor & all,

I had exactly same question. Thanks for the replies.