ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Director Limited Company Sheffield PEO 21st Nov 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rushabhjvora

ILR Director Limited Company Sheffield PEO 21st Nov 2012

Post by rushabhjvora » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:28 am

ILR Granted for me and my wife on 21st November at Sheffield PEO.
I have been following this forum for more than a year now and for the amount of knowledge that I have gained – I would like to give a big thanks to all members and moderators.

Our appointment was at 9:00, we reached at 8:30 and in a minute gate was open. Our number was 8th so it is advisable to reach early but it does not make a big difference, may be extra 1 hr. First step was to go to the reception and the lady will give you a token number, thereafter your number will be called (9:15) and another case worker will make sure you are using the right form, have completed the application form, etc and send you towards payment. In our case our pictures were old (6 months) and I did not remember and the lady said you have used the same pictures in your last application. We had 10 pound coins and took the pictures in the booth present at Sheffield PEO. Thereafter we were send to payment at about 10:30 and I used Santander debit card. Just for your info - Natwest cards needs pre-authorisation for over 1000GBP. Payment went through and we waited till 11:45 when a case worker came and said that now I’ll be looking at your case and if you want, you can go out and come back in 1hr 30 min.

Once we came back at 12:30, we told the reception of our arrival – reception went to the case worker and case worker came back with our file in 5 minutes, she had done it in less than 45 min. I was told that thanks for keeping your documents so organised, it has made my life easy. Everything is fine and you’ll receive your biometric in 7 to 10 days.

My application timeline:
Tier 1 – 15th August 2007
2nd extension – 15th August 2009
3rd extension – 15th August 2012 (reason for 3rd extension is in the following link, I just thought not to take any chances, might be OK with ILR in August 2012 itself but decided otherwise)
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... d_question

Please refer to my index if you think its of any use. Everything in one file (with 40 plastic pockets), a separate file for photocopy. Feel free to ask any questions if you need.

Main Documents
No. Title
1 Covering Letter
2 Application Form, Passports and Resident permit
3 Life in the UK Pass Notification Letters
4 Accountant & Agent Letters
5 Dividend Vouchers
6 Salary Slips
7 Personal Bank Statements
8 Business Bank Statements

Additional Documents
9 Invoices
10 Last 5 years P60, National Insurance and Employment History
11 Company Registration Documents
12 Agent Contract
13 Home Office Correspondence
14 PhD Degree Certificate

Cohabitation Documents
15 Personal Bank Statements
16 Council Tax Letters + Voting Poll card + Voters registration letter
17 Severn Trent Water bill
18 Tenancy Agreements
19 Car Insurance Documents
20 NHS Registration
21 UK Driving Licence + Counterpart
22 Marriage Certificate

kranthi15

Re: ILR Director Limited Company Sheffield PEO 21st Nov 2012

Post by kranthi15 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:16 am

This is the best guide I ever read in this forum...Hats off..:)
you have answered all most all questions of ILR through PEO appointment Thanks for sharing your experience.. hearty congratulations.
rushabhjvora wrote:ILR Granted for me and my wife on 21st November at Sheffield PEO.
I have been following this forum for more than a year now and for the amount of knowledge that I have gained – I would like to give a big thanks to all members and moderators.

Our appointment was at 9:00, we reached at 8:30 and in a minute gate was open. Our number was 8th so it is advisable to reach early but it does not make a big difference, may be extra 1 hr. First step was to go to the reception and the lady will give you a token number, thereafter your number will be called (9:15) and another case worker will make sure you are using the right form, have completed the application form, etc and send you towards payment. In our case our pictures were old (6 months) and I did not remember and the lady said you have used the same pictures in your last application. We had 10 pound coins and took the pictures in the booth present at Sheffield PEO. Thereafter we were send to payment at about 10:30 and I used Santander debit card. Just for your info - Natwest cards needs pre-authorisation for over 1000GBP. Payment went through and we waited till 11:45 when a case worker came and said that now I’ll be looking at your case and if you want, you can go out and come back in 1hr 30 min.

We went out to a nearby coffee shop as we did not find any subway/McDonalds nearby. I would suggest to carry some food which can be allowed. Once we came back at 12:30, we told the reception of our arrival – reception went to the case worker and case worker came back with our file in 5 minutes, she had done it in less than 45 min. I was told that thanks for keeping your documents so organised, it has made my life easy. Everything is fine and you’ll receive your biometric in 7 to 10 days.

My application timeline:
Tier 1 – 15th August 2007
2nd extension – 15th August 2009
3rd extension – 15th August 2012 (reason for 3rd extension is in the following link, I just thought not to take any chances, might be OK with ILR in August 2012 itself but decided otherwise)
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... d_question

Please refer to my index if you think its of any use. Everything in one file (with 40 plastic pockets), a separate file for photocopy. Feel free to ask any questions if you need.

Main Documents
No. Title
1 Covering Letter
2 Application Form, Passports and Resident permit
3 Life in the UK Pass Notification Letters
5 Dividend Vouchers
6 Salary Slips
7 Personal Bank Statements
8 Business Bank Statements

Additional Documents
9 Invoices
10 Last 5 years P60, National Insurance and Employment History
11 Company Registration Documents
12 Agent Contract
13 Home Office Correspondence
14 PhD Degree Certificate

Cohabitation Documents
15 Personal Bank Statements
16 Council Tax Letters + Voting Poll card + Voters registration letter
17 Severn Trent Water bill
18 Tenancy Agreements
19 Car Insurance Documents
20 NHS Registration
21 UK Driving Licence + Counterpart
22 Marriage Certificate
Cheers

M2008

Post by M2008 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:24 pm

congratulations rushabhjvora.

Regarding point 4, what is Agent letters? is it required?
what does it contains?

rushabhjvora

Post by rushabhjvora » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi,
The agent letter lists all the payment made to your company
So in table format, it shows: 1) Date, 2) Invoice number (this matches accountant invoice letter) 3) Total (excluding VAT) 4) Vat & 5) Total Invoice amount.

Once you have this letter, case worker may save his time calling agent if he/she has any doubts and also the invoice amount will match the business bank statements. I hope this helps.