ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOES A SPOUSAL VISA ALLOW A PERSON TO WORK ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lisa71
Newly Registered

DOES A SPOUSAL VISA ALLOW A PERSON TO WORK ?

Post by lisa71 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:34 am

HI PLEASE ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Im from australia and fail to get enough points in the HSMP and so far have not found an employer willing to sponsor me for a work permit. i have over a decade experience in alternative medicine. I have an english partner who has just returned to the uk. we both want to live and work in the uk. we are considering marriage at some point in the future so are considering taking the plunge sooner so i can get a spousal visa . how long is this valid for and is it hard to obtain and more importantly will it allow me to work in the uk ?
:)
good luck to everyone , seems this immigration process can be very tricky

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:53 am

If you are successful, you will be granted 2 years leave to remain on Code 1 conditions.

This will entitle you to work for the 2 years but you will have no recourse to public funds.

J

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:13 pm

thanks 4 reply. on average how long does it take for them to grant this visa and if you know what are the chances of it being successful ? (ie on what grounds do they refuse to give this 2 year visa ?)
can we marry in the uk or do we have to marry in australia ?
he is brit citizen

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:24 pm

Your Welcome,

I'm not sure about that however there are extensive posts on the swebsite regarding it, you should be able to find something.

J