ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife of a british citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tom_hungston

Wife of a british citizen

Post by tom_hungston » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if someone could give me information regarding absense outside UK for my wife. She is on spouse visa and she entered UK and started living with me in March 2012 (so I guess under old rule).

She is currently pregnant and she is outside UK and due to her complications doctors said that she can't fly back. and I'm wondering what would happen if she is absent from UK for more than seven months continuous due to this reason.

I really appreciate your help guys. Many thanks in advance.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Under the old rules there are no time limit as to how long someone on a spouse visa should be away. Due to the fact that there is pregnancy or health related reason for her not being in the UK, i am sure she will be fine.
Last edited by Obie on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:56 pm

See also Time spent outside the UK

tom_hungston wrote:She is currently pregnant and she is outside UK and due to her complications doctors said that she can't fly back. and I'm wondering what would happen if she is absent from UK for more than seven months continuous due to this reason.
Including a letter from the doctor certifying the fact will be useful.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Many thanks to obie and sushdmehta. I really appreciate your prompt reply.

One more question though. When our child is born outside UK, What is the procedure for registering the child as a British national. This is something that I have to do once baby is born which is only 4 months away.

Many Thanks
God bless you guys

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:26 pm

If you are a British citizen otherwise than by descent, then baby will automatically be British by descent (2(1)(a)). You may apply for a British passport for the child.

Consular birth registration is optional.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Just to add. If you are british by descent, then your child will need to apply for an entry clearance, possibly under the new rules, and i believe after 3 years you could register him as British.

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Many thanks again sushdmehta and obie,

The support on this board is the best I have found in every possible forums I have registered.

I'm a british citizen "otherwise than by descent" so our baby will automatically be british by descent.

P.S. To Moderator, is there any fund raising going on to support this forum...? I'd like to donate for providing excellent support (very prompt as well)

Many thanks guys
God bless you

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:52 pm

One more final question, ( I promise I won't ask any more ), My wife is on a spouse visa and when my wife returns to the UK with the baby, does she have to carry any document other than child's birth certificate and her medical file that she had throught her pregnancy.

Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Well, after baby is born, nice and well, and he/she secure his/her British passport, and he gets all his necessary immunisation before he travel, i suspect he/she and mummy will be fine with just the British passport and mummy's passport containing the vailid spouse visa. Possibly hold the birth Certificate just incase an over suspicious Immigration officer, thinks a baby is been trafficed. No need to show any personal medical document. It is of no concern to an immigration officer whatsoever, and it should not be requested, without reasonable supspicion.

I hope this answers your question.

Wish you all the best for the future.

tom_hungston

Post by tom_hungston » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:44 pm

obie, many thanks for your support. I'm truely thankful to you and sushdmehta for showing your support.

Many thanks guys
God bless you