ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to immigration rules

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johny007
Newly Registered

Post by johny007 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:37 pm

hey guys, been reading this site for last couple of days.
Even got a short answer already from one of the moderators in another thread on the same subject, which I kindly appreciate, but it didnt really give me the full picture. her it is:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 268#740268

from what I understand so far until now You had to declare only the unspent convictions, but from now on you will have to declare the spent convictions also - I dont know how this relates to European Human Rights, but thats is another question, and I'm not into that.
so does anybody know how the new SET(O) formn for ILR will look?

Will you have to declare all your spent convictions on the new form?

FRom what I read, from this UKBa guide, top of page 23>
General grounds for refusal
Section 4 of 5 – Considering leave to remain
"You cannot refuse leave to remain under paragraph 322(5) if the applicant’s criminal conviction can be considered as spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. For more information see related link: Rehabilitation of Offenders Act"

So actually they will not be able to refuse you from 13 dec on the grounds of spent convictions, but I have a feeling that they will be able to refuse you because of good character issues, saying that somebody who jumps the red light is too dangerous for UK roads?

Any info on this?
Cheers
Johny

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 am

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!