ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport expired, still time for citizenship.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinsha
Newly Registered

Indian passport expired, still time for citizenship.

Post by vinsha » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Everyone, I got my p.r in feb with my family on indian passport, So still due another 3 to 4 months before applying british citizenship. Now the problem is my daughter indian passport expired last moneth and my wife passport is going to expire in this month. I dont have plan to go india soon. Could you please suggest should i make the indian passports for them or its not required. Please help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 pm

There is no requirement to have a valid passport when applying for naturalisation. Expired passports are fine. Passports are used to prove the residence requirements so you will need to provide other evidence you have been in the country (residence proof) for the period since the passport expire.

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Thank You Sir