ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo for baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit175
Newly Registered

Photo for baby

Post by amit175 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:25 pm

I am imagining that those applying for child's passport after his / her registration as a British citizen, get a new photo taken for the child for the passport application, given that it takes more than a month to process the citizenship registration. I think the passport guidelines require photo taken in the last month. It is bit more of a hassle for babies, hence the question.

Ozair

Re: Photo for baby

Post by Ozair » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 am

amit175 wrote:I am imagining that those applying for child's passport after his / her registration as a British citizen, get a new photo taken for the child for the passport application, given that it takes more than a month to process the citizenship registration. I think the passport guidelines require photo taken in the last month. It is bit more of a hassle for babies, hence the question.
I just got another photo taken, the first photo for registration as british citizen was more than a month old ... and the baby looked sleepy, in the new one he is all giggly. The point is that the ips and homeoffice is lenient about babies photos but just take another one. Dont know if they would check the registration certificate with home office and if they see the same photo they might object.

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:27 pm

don't worry, my baby's eyes were closed, as was sleeping when his photo was taken.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Put the baby on the bed. One parent supports the head under a white sheet. You stand over top of the bed. You can take lots of pictures and then choose the one of the lot.

You then then get it scaled to the write size on the http://www.epassportphoto.com/ service.

Download the result and print at Boots or Tesco or where ever.

Works great and is almost free.

amit175
Newly Registered

Post by amit175 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:12 pm

[quote="Directive/2004/38/EC"]Put the baby on the bed. One parent supports the head under a white sheet. You stand over top of the bed. You can take lots of pictures and then choose the one of the lot.

You then then get it scaled to the write size on the http://www.epassportphoto.com/ service.

Download the result and print at Boots or Tesco or where ever.

Works great and is almost free.[/quote]
Brilliant insight. Just the kind of response I was hoping for. Thank you. All done.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 pm

You should have seen the really awful photo store photo that I originally had taken. From that sprung the more creative solution.