ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ten Years Biometric

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BobbyUKENG

Ten Years Biometric

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi Gurus,

Can you please let me know what is the process for Bio metrics, recently applied for ten years ILR and got acknowledgement but still no Biometrics letter.

Its been nearly 6 weeks me receiving my acknowledgement letter, many people say that they will only process the application after Biometrics, Is it true? or they start processing as soon as they receive application?

If so can you please let me know how many weeks it takes for getting Biometrics and how many weeks it takes get result after Biometrics?

I know I'm asking too much of information buy any suitable information would be very useful so that I can be prepared mentally.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 pm

As far as I can tell, no one is sure what the actual "process" is, as with all things relating to UKBA. Biometric letters are being received by applicants generally after 5-8 weeks of receiving the acknowledgement letter. After that it is any one's guess, 4-8 weeks looking at waiting times on this forum. It also appears that applications are assigned to a caseworker once biometrics have been submitted

P.S. I am no Guru
Last edited by NOG on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:08 pm

NOG wrote:As far as I can tell, no one is sure what the actual "process" is, as with all things relating to UKBA. Biometric letters are being received by applicants generally after 5-8 weeks of receiving the acknowledgement letter. After that it is any one's guess, 4-8 weeks looking at waiting times on this forum. It also appears that applications are assigned to a caseworker once biometrics have been submitted
Thanks very much...

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:01 pm

NOG wrote:As far as I can tell, no one is sure what the actual "process" is, as with all things relating to UKBA. Biometric letters are being received by applicants generally after 5-8 weeks of receiving the acknowledgement letter. After that it is any one's guess, 4-8 weeks looking at waiting times on this forum. It also appears that applications are assigned to a caseworker once biometrics have been submitted
Any other Guru's Views??

BobbyUKENG

Re: Biometric

Post by BobbyUKENG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Hello Gurus,

Recently I have given my Biometrics for my 10 Yrs ILR, Can you please let me know what is the process after biometrics & how much time it takes for getting result from now.

I wanted to know will the Home office will try to work it on my case now? or it has already worked on my case?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Bobby

BobbyUKENG

Re: Biometric

Post by BobbyUKENG » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 pm

BobbyUKENG wrote:Hello Gurus,
Recently I have given my Biometrics for my 10 Yrs ILR, Can you please let me know what is the process after biometrics & how much time it takes for getting result from now.

I wanted to know will the Home office will try to work it on my case now? or it has already worked on my case?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Bobby
Any one pls??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:05 am

It may take 4 - 6 months from the date of application.
So, wait patiently.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:It may take 4 - 6 months from the date of application.
So, wait patiently.
Thanks very much sir, can you please let me know other thing.

By giving bio metrics does it mean that the HO cleared the visa? or after bio metrics they open the file?

Please any one let me know so that I can know what are the facts are/
Thanks
Bobby

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

BobbyUKENG wrote:By giving bio metrics does it mean that the HO cleared the visa?
No
or after bio metrics they open the file?
Yes

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:41 pm

tier1Reading wrote:
BobbyUKENG wrote:By giving bio metrics does it mean that the HO cleared the visa?
No
or after bio metrics they open the file?
Yes
Thanks sir..

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Hello,

Its 8 weeks finished giving my Biometrics for my ten years ILR but still not heard any thing from HO.

As per my knowledge my application is pretty straight forward but still I'm not sure why HO is taking so much time to decide the outcome for my application.

Some of my friends case were quite complex but they got it very soon, is there any specific reasons for the delay?

Is it worth calling HO and asking about the status?

Any ideas would be really helpful as four months have been finished but no updates yet.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Wait patiently.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Wait patiently.
Thanks Sushdmehta

Its been nearly Five months and I haven;t heard any thing from HO.

I'm getting a bit frustrated and also tensed now, Initially I thought it would take roughly 3 - 4 months and now I'm into my 6th month of the process. Also wanted to know I got dependent included with my application and do you think this is causing delays?

Many people are saying many things and I would request the people to let me know any relevant information.

Is it a good idea to call HO and ask them the status? but they are clearly saying not to call till I finish 6 months.

I would be thankful if you guys can suggest based on my situation.

Thanks,
Bobby

BobbyUKENG

Re: Ten years ILR

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:16 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Wait patiently.
Hi All & Sushdmehta,

Thanks for your reply earlier.

I waited for my ten years ILR and I crossed my six months waiting time, earlier when I called HO, have said that they can give information on cases which crossed more than 6 months. As advised so waited till six months and today when I called them they said my application is still not completed. When I said to them that in the acknowledgement letter HO mentioned that 99 % application will be decided within SIX months but its more than SIX months. The lady on the phone said to me that 95 % of applications are decided within 6 months and also said that my application falls out of the agreed 95 % by HO.

After following this forum from long time according to my knowledge only complicated cases fall out side agreed 95 % as most of the straight forward applications will be decided within six months time. As far as my case is concerned its pretty straight forward case - No gaps, In time applications, no refusals, no long absences and over all decent Immigration history.

I'm totally aware that each case is decided according to its merit, but I have seen so other people whose cases are more complex.

Can any one explain me whether Cases which fall outside 95 % are only complex cases according to HO?

I would appreciate if users can respond via comments for the above situation.

Thanks,
Bobby

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm

If home office has mentioned that your case falls outside the 95% category then dont think you can do anything else apart from waiting patiently.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Also get in touch with your local MP as they do have a say. Explain your situation and also keep on calling/pestering home office. Try to call once a day, that will help speed things up

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:Also get in touch with your local MP as they do have a say. Explain your situation and also keep on calling/pestering home office. Try to call once a day, that will help speed things up
Hi Gagan,

Thanks for your reply,

Want to know how they decide applications to fall out side 95 %, are there any specific reasons?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Join the long Res group here, if you have not already done so
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=52692

With UKBA, anything is anybody's guess at best.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.