ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crowline

Re: thx

Post by crowline » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:48 am

thx! guess will keep ma fingers crossed and wait

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 am

Fingers crossed for you Crowline

crowline

Post by crowline » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:19 am

thx! toes as well wld b good :)

ID29

Re: flr m

Post by ID29 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 am

crowline wrote:hi guys does anyone know if yr sponsor has to be employed for you to get flr m? my wife is unemployed(British). iam employed and earn abt 16000 per annum
This is probably not the forum to be dealing with this issue, but while we await updates to time lines I guess there's little harm.

Sponsor does not need to be employed. However the income requirement of £18,600 remains; this could be met from the applicant's income or savings or both.

Sadly, when it comes to savings these must be accessible cash savings and have been available to you for the 6 months before your application (you cannot just load up a savings account a few days before for example).

If you wish to use savings to supplement part or the whole of the income requirement, you'll need more savings than you might think. You cannot substitute income at a Pound for Pound rate. If you were to have no income, you'd need to provide proof of savings totalling £62,500 (at both entry clearance and FLR stages) or £34,600 (for ILR).

In your case, you appear to be £2,600 short. So you'd need £16,000 + £6,500 = £22,500

The £6,500 is the shortfall in income (£2,600) times 2.5 (the number of years you need to provide for). The first £16,000 they'd expect you to have to ensure you're above the benefits level.

There may be other options but these will depend on your personal circumstances.
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:41 am

Concerning above post...

Sorry, I've been composing for a while and hadn't seen the later replies. The figures quoted apply to the new rules so you should be okay. And yes you could use foreign funds provided they are available to you.
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:46 am

Update: still nothing.

Waiting with bated breath for the postman every day now.

samestory

Post by samestory » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:19 am

ID29 wrote:Concerning above post...
Sorry, I've been composing for a while and hadn't seen the later replies. The figures quoted apply to the new rules so you should be okay. And yes you could use foreign funds provided they are available to you.
Sorry, don't know how you will work that out. A British spouse who is unemployed with her migrant spouse who works but has no funds available in his UK account. He has money in an account, say for instance Japan. Couple are both resident in the UK. Maintenance for spouse is supposed to be for use in UK, not Japan. I think a foreign account will give the case worker an opportunity to wonder why the funds are not in the UK and breed doubts in her mind on Crowline's ability to meet financial requirements. If he was applying as spouse to enter, we could suggest that foreign account be used. But remember that even with spouses coming in, evidence to meet financial requirement rests solely on the UK sponsor as it is assumed that incoming spouse has no income yet from the UK. Any foreign accounts used by incoming spouses (must be) under sponsors' names for applications made to foreign UKBA offices are fine. It is a bit awkward for both parties to be in the UK and then you tell UKBA that there's no money here but I have it in France. Caseworkers are not computers, they have been trained to find loopholes. Wherever the funds are abroad, it is safer for Crowline to move them into his UK account to avoid any issues.

I hope we all get a good decision soon. It's really a pleasure to see previous applicants who have received their documents like ID29 take the trouble to respond to our queries. This site is wonderful.

crowline

maitenance(old rules)

Post by crowline » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:31 am

does any1 knw what the minimum maintenance funds is on the old rules? my acct has been below £200 a few times in the last 6months, and am the only one working as my partner is outa work.(am the applicant). i had kept it above £1000 mark when i applied in April. however been a bit careless since then as i didnt expect to provide statement again. unfortunately coz applications are taking longer than 6months most are being asked for 'additional info', which i think shd b called 'repeat info'. which i think is unfair coz circumstances change and application shd b considered as was at time of application!!!

crowline

maitenance(old rules)

Post by crowline » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:31 am

:|

Skonky

Crowline

Post by Skonky » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 am

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=67600.0

Found this discussion for ya

Dunno if it will help

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 am

samestory wrote:I think a foreign account will give the case worker an opportunity to wonder why the funds are not in the UK...
Maybe so, but there are valid reasons why funds might be deposited overseas and the rules do cover them. Again, its something that should be explained in a covering letter.

ID29

Re: maitenance(old rules)

Post by ID29 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:56 am

crowline wrote:does any1 knw what the minimum maintenance funds is on the old rules? my acct has been below £200 a few times in the last 6months, and am the only one working as my partner is outa work.(am the applicant). i had kept it above £1000 mark when i applied in April. however been a bit careless since then as i didnt expect to provide statement again. unfortunately coz applications are taking longer than 6months most are being asked for 'additional info', which i think shd b called 'repeat info'. which i think is unfair coz circumstances change and application shd b considered as was at time of application!!!
The 'old rules' guidelines (and remember they are just guidelines) says you should have £105 per week remaining from your income after housing costs.

As for funds in your bank account, unless you are relying on these to make up a shortfall in income, they are pretty much irrelevant. For example, during our successful application (I'm the sponsor) my current account was almost permanently £500 overdrawn.

Be aware that they should assess your application solely on the documents you submitted at the time. The rules say that a caseworker may ask for additional documents when perhaps a copy has been submitted (rather than an original), or say a bank statement or payslip is missing from a sequence etc... and that they would have approved the application had the documents had been correctly supplied in the first place. So you could read into that that asking for additional documents is a good thing as they are trying to approve the application. I don't believe it has anything to do with the long wait and I'm not sure they are allowed to ask for updated documents in these circumstances.

crowline

thx guys

Post by crowline » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:32 pm

thx guys yr advice is invaluable considering the ukba helpline borders on 'useless'. ukba shd look at employing call centre staff who have been through immigration process coz only them knw what it means to b in our positions. 2ndly would advice everyone to have a look at this forum before spending exorbitant fees on solicitors coz most cases the help U need is just under yr nose! if I hadn't found this forum through a random google session I wld still be spending on consulting solicitors.

crowline

Post by crowline » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:38 pm

A LOT OF RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO VOLUNTEER TIME TO POST EVEN AFTER RECEIVING THEIR VISAS. says alot about their xter

Meche83
Newly Registered

Re: Feb Applicant

Post by Meche83 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Please is their any other Feb Applicant waiting.

Applied on 9th Feb and uptill now no update from ukba. my solicitor has giving a date line to make A DECISSION ON THE APPLICATION and their should give reason of their decission unless the case be taken to Human court of Justice. all fingers cross.

crowline

Post by crowline » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:54 pm

'meche83' wat visa were u applying from? did you do yr biometrics in feb as well coz often times processing dnt start till after biometrics. was yrs a straight forward case?

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Meche83 wrote:Please is their any other Feb Applicant waiting.
We are an April applicant, but we wish you the best of luck with your effort. There are numerous governmental efforts to address the UKBA foul up, but at best their efforts are slow and without teeth. Human Rights Court? We hope you get several responses. You might try other forums as well. This is not the only one dealing with this issue.

Meche83
Newly Registered

Post by Meche83 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Crowline, I am applying on the basises of my marriage to a British Citizen, changing from tia 4 Genaral, yes did my biometrics on 20th of March 2012, Yes it is a straight forward case.

My Solicitors has written to ukba Judicial Review Unit enclosing a form of authority for them to make a decision on the application not less than 28th working days, if their fall to make a decision on the application, we will be seeking for judicial review for non- determination of application to the High Court Human of Justice and the costs will be pay by ukba,

Hopfully things will change

crowline

Post by crowline » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm

yr case is fairly straight forward and so shd not take t@ long by all means. besides if they had any queries they would have contacted u by now. my workmate was in a similiar situation, she's a Jan applicant and only got her visa this month. after waiting 8months she wrote to ukba threatening further action. they contacted her and told her they have no record of her biometric enrolment, despite the fact she did it @ Kilburn post office in march. to cut the story short, she had to re-do her biometrics. she got her visa 4wks after t@.best of luck

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 am

Hello guys,

I was just wondering if any of April's applicants got any response by UKBA?

jbm

Biometric invitation

Post by jbm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello,
applied on 16 august still no Bio letter. its more then 3 months wait just for biometric letter. so far i called HO 5 times everytime they replied 'wait its normal' but its not normal for me and my wife.
is anybody in same situation? please suggest what should we do.

thanks

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:35 pm

jbm
Hello,
applied on 16 august still no Bio letter. its more then 3 months wait just for biometric letter. so far i called HO 5 times everytime they replied 'wait its normal' but its not normal for me and my wife.

thanks
I am in the same situation, although you have been waiting a bit longer than me.

I called up again today to be told that they can not find my details on the system AGAIN...as I experinced the same situation last week when I called. However, I had called a second time last week(after being told they couldn't find my details) which put me through to someone else, who could access my details - but was unable to send out the bio letter.

Also, I was advised by the lady I spoke with today that I should send a fax into UKBA with all my details (refrence, D.O.B, nationality etc) and explaining how I've been told different things by different people from UKBA regarding my application.

Do they say to you that they can't find your details, or just that you will have to keep waiting?

It's just so frustrating!! What have they been doing for the last 9 weeks with my application and the last 12 weeks with yours! I know they are busy, but wow!

Skonky

Hallelujah

Post by Skonky » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:41 pm

After a lot of panic we received our documents back today with a letter saying brp to follow......

Key dates
Applied July 2nd
Biometrics taken 1st of sept
Requested more documents 17th nov
Sent requested documents to UKBA 19th nov
Received everything back today with acceptance letter 26th nov

Holiday booked today :)

This forum provides a lot of support, and without it my worries would have been extremely higher

Thank you so much for everyone's input....it is amazing how much it helps.
The best thing about it is we are all strangers in the same battle...but helping each other through this stressful situation.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 pm

So happy for you Skonky!!! Congratulations!!

Enjoy your freedom!!! :)

findshakil
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric invitation

Post by findshakil » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 pm

jbm wrote:Hello,

thanks
I am also in the same situation, Applied on 24th of August and no bio matric yet. i called but they are not very helpful, Then my solicitor sent three letters last week, One to Complaint department, 2nd to my MP and 3rd to sefield office, lets hope they might send bio-met letter this week.