ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long it will take to approve restricted COS?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nitrup
Mood:
India

How long it will take to approve restricted COS?

Post by nitrup » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:59 am

Hi,

My employer got licence last week, now they will be requesting for restricted COS, hopefully they will be doing it before 5th of december.

As UKBA will decide it on 11th, so how long they take to approve it and as RLMT is expiring on 18th december, will they be able to assign it to me before 18th?

Thanks

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Diff b/w Unrestricted COS and Restricted COS

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi ,

What is the difference between Unrestricted and Restricted COS

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Diff b/w Unrestricted COS and Restricted COS

Post by hashmil » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:00 pm

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:Hi ,

What is the difference between Unrestricted and Restricted COS
Restricted = when you apply from outside the UK (You need a RMLT for this)
Unrestricted = when you apply from inside the UK. (usually when switching categories)

Also, worth mentioning is that, for Restricted COS there is a quota. So it's not as easy to get them. They have restricted the numbers to 1000's per month for the whole of the UK. (as the new government wants to reduce immigration to "ten thousands" by next year. Quite shit, i know).
As for the Unrestricted there is no such quota or limit.

Also, consider spending some time reading the UKBA website. It has pretty much answers for all the questions you are asking for.

nitrup
Mood:
India

Re: How long it will take to approve restricted COS?

Post by nitrup » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 pm

nitrup wrote:Hi,

My employer got licence last week, now they will be requesting for restricted COS, hopefully they will be doing it before 5th of december.

As UKBA will decide it on 11th, so how long they take to approve it and as RLMT is expiring on 18th december, will they be able to assign it to me before 18th?

Thanks
can anyone please answer my question?

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 pm

nitrup wrote:

Thanks
can anyone please answer my question?
Well not 100% sure how quickly your employer will get the license, as it is subject to the monthly quota issue. Also, if the RMLT is expiring soon get your employer to request an Urgent treatment with the explanation.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks
All being well it should get decided within a few days of the 11th but UKBA sometime write to employers asking for more info / evidence - which would obviously delay things.

nitrup
Mood:
India

Post by nitrup » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Has anyone recently got restricted COS? just want to know how much average time UKBA is taking to approve.

my company made request for Restricted COS before 5th december and as it
has to be decide today(11-12-2012), just curious to know if they will do it with in this week.