ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for new born in INDIA

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thecontractor
Newly Registered

Passport for new born in INDIA

Post by Thecontractor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi All,
I need to apply for passport for my baby born in INDIA.

I have visited the passport seva website (http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePr ... elcomeLink) and got some information but still have few queries. Could you please let me know whether the following documents should be sufficient assuming that both parents will be present for personal appointment in Regional passport office in INDIA?

1) Birth certificate of the child
2) Marriage certificate of parents.
3) Passport copies of both parents.
(Couple of questions in this.
1) Spouse name is not endorsed in the passport. Hope this shouldn't be a problem as I am submitting marriage certificate. This is what I did for my visa extension.
2) Address in my passport is different (just the door no but still) from what they will see in birth certificate of the child. Is this an issue?).

4) Passport seva website says that the parents resident abroad need to submit an affidavit from Indian High Commission. Is it still required if both the parents are going to be present during application?

5) Declaration of Parent/Guardian for Minor Passports.

Thanks.