ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abraod near the expiry of current leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rbsjp
India

Travelling abraod near the expiry of current leave

Post by rbsjp » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:57 am

My TIER 1 visa expires on March 15, 2013. I need to visit India in end of February 2013. Please suggest when should I come back to UK. Is there a time left on visa to come back to UK
RS

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:33 am

You can return any time before up to 14 March.

rbsjp
India

Post by rbsjp » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks for the reply. Should I have all the extension documents with me when I come back. Like salary slips and bank statements?
RS

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 am

You will be admitted on the basis of your extant leave; nothing else matters. You won't be prevented from entry on the basis that you don't have evidence of the potential to switch out of your current leave into another immigration category.

tbnag
India

Re: Travelling abraod near the expiry of current leave

Post by tbnag » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm

rbsjp wrote:My TIER 1 visa expires on March 15, 2013. I need to visit India in end of February 2013. Please suggest when should I come back to UK. Is there a time left on visa to come back to UK

Yes, you can come back to UK anytime before the visa expiry. However make sure that you apply for extension on or before the expiry, otherwise you will be considered as over stayed and might lead to rejection of you extension.