ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension (Dependant) & Name change due to marria

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tungha2106
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension (Dependant) & Name change due to marria

Post by tungha2106 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 General (Dependant) visa. We are going to apply for our Tier 1 General extenion visa in March end. I just have one query and will be glad if the seniors can share their opinions.

Me and my husband got married 4 years back and I didnot immediately changed my last name subsequent to my marriage. So when we applied for the Tier 1 General (Initial), we applied with my previous name. In the meantime, I have now changed my name and added my husbands last name as my surname. so now I have different surname. There is an observation marked on my passport now that my surname has changed from ABC to XYZ.

Now my query is: will this in any case be a problem as far as my Tier 1 dependent visa is concerned as my initial tier 1 dependent visa was applied with my old name and now I will be applying with a new surname?

Seniors - please advise.

Thanks

tungha2106
Newly Registered

Post by tungha2106 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Any comments from seniors??

santhoap

Post by santhoap » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi, before going for extn, update UKBA by sending the change of circumstances form.Also make sure that UKBA has modified your name before applying extn.

bharath25
Newly Registered

Post by bharath25 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:41 pm

@ santhoap

Will the "Marriage Certificate" not helpfull for tungha2106?

Please correct , if i am wrong?

tungha2106
Newly Registered

Post by tungha2106 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:42 am

santhoap wrote:Hi, before going for extn, update UKBA by sending the change of circumstances form.Also make sure that UKBA has modified your name before applying extn.
But change of circumstance form is used while the visa application is in process? am i right? As far as changing the name subsequent to marriage is concerned, I am sure this is the most common thing for girls to change their last name. I might be wrong but I think I should be fine, but since I have not enough knowledge about this, any help from the senior members will be much helpful.

Thanks

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi

Did you apply for your extension with your new surname?
I am also in the same boat...My wife has changed her surname on the obversation page...please share your experience if you have already extended your visa..