ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Vj1510 wrote:I am new to this forum. I have read all the post here, quite useful. thanks first of all.

My company [small firm] has applied sponsor license on june 19th with the help of solicitors and still waiting for the result!!

My question is Will UKBA come for verification before issuing license if so what kind of verification they do? What do they look or check about?

I guess they started processing the application made mid june 2012 and hope will get some information soon.

A help on this would be highly appreciated. thanks in advance.
If they visit,then its case of of them making sure you have proper HR System in place.You don't need to have HR Department as long as someone is performing HR duties etc.

Currently they are not bothering about visiting, just checking if the documents are correct.You can see they are adding around 30-50 licenses since last month.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 pm

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Sponsors update for 23rd November

Post by makky86 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi ,

UKBA staff are going nuts...

They have approved 57 Licenses today (23rd) [Unbelievable]

**Good news for all people waiting forever***

Date : 23/11/2012
Total New licenses : 57

Report :

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7G-NC ... XI4d2FwbFE

*I like employer "WeetaBix" getting T2 LOL :)

narenz
India

License delay

Post by narenz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Basically my visa expires on Feb 12 , 2013 and my company started applying License in August. Now the License application got refused and they are reapplying next week. Are there any urgent services that my company can use to speed up things? anyone help please.

thanks in advance.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Sponsors update for 23rd November

Post by hashmil » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:25 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:Hi ,

They have approved 57 Licenses today (23rd) [Unbelievable]

Date : 23/11/2012
Total New licenses : 57

Report :

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7G-NC ... XI4d2FwbFE

*I like employer "WeetaBix" getting T2 LOL :)
Hmm, my company got an email today saying that the registration was successful, and was emailed the password for the SMS (waiting for the User ID to be received via post). BUT, my company is not on the list. probably will be on Monday's list? I am led to believe that this list is in fact yesterday's approved list - basically a day's lag in the name appearing on the list?

also - this was our second application. Our first one was applied in June, and in end of October it got refused due to uncertified documents. So we applied for the second time end of October, requested urgent treatment - and today we received confirmation. So yeah, in a month we got it.

skraj
India

Re: License delay

Post by skraj » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:29 pm

narenz wrote:Basically my visa expires on Feb 12 , 2013 and my company started applying License in August. Now the License application got refused and they are reapplying next week. Are there any urgent services that my company can use to speed up things? anyone help please.

thanks in advance.
Hi narenz,

You can ask for urgent treatment 2 weeks before your visa expiry.

My company applied at Nov 7th and my visa expires on Feb 12 , 2013.

wen did your company apply for license 1st time and when you got refusal?

Did you ask any urgent treatment?

narenz
India

Post by narenz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm

skraj wrote:
narenz wrote:Basically my visa expires on Feb 12 , 2013 and my company started applying License in August. Now the License application got refused and they are reapplying next week. Are there any urgent services that my company can use to speed up things? anyone help please.

thanks in advance.
Hi narenz,

My company applied during august first week and it got refused this week only. Can we request for urgent treatment now only?

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:51 pm

narenz wrote:
skraj wrote:

thanks in advance.
Hi narenz,

My company applied during august first week and it got refused this week only. Can we request for urgent treatment now only?
You can ask for urgent treatment only 2 weeks before your visa expiry.

narenz
India

Post by narenz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:57 pm

skraj wrote:
narenz wrote:
skraj wrote:

thanks in advance.
Hi narenz,

So I just have to wait till Jan last week and then ask for special urgent treatment? So both the license and my visa will be sorted too at the same time?

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:05 pm

narenz wrote:
skraj wrote:
narenz wrote:
skraj wrote:
Hi narenz,

So I just have to wait till Jan last week and then ask for special urgent treatment? So both the license and my visa will be sorted too at the same time?
Yes, even I'm going to ask urgent treatment on Jan 2013 last week and will be doing my T2 General application may be Feb 1st or 2nd week depends upon wen we get license....
so don't worry everything will be alright..keep updated 8)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:06 pm

narenz wrote: So I just have to wait till Jan last week and then ask for special urgent treatment? So both the license and my visa will be sorted too at the same time?
When you request for urgent treatment 10 working days before your current visa expires they will do the best to get it done as soon as possible. Most likely you might get the license just the day before, or ON the day your visa expires. And you can post your application on the day of your expiry. You should be able to work after this, even though technically your visa has expired. Reason being you HAVE sent your passport to the UKBA for the application, and i do believe this is legal too. (or at least this is what i have been doing. What my brother did before, and i'm sure a lot of people on this forum can vouch for this.)

Vj1510
Newly Registered

Company verfication?

Post by Vj1510 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:35 am

Hi all,

My company applied sponsor licensce on june 19th and got an email for the first time asking for some more clarfications?

Can anyone suggest me what are the things they look if they do these kind of verficaitons? My visa expires dec 7th and can i apply without licensce thou this verficaiton from UKBA is ongoing?

Please kindly help and give ur suggesstion what to do thanks

memoa
Egypt

Post by memoa » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 am

narenz wrote:
skraj wrote:

thanks in advance.
Hi narenz,

i don't understand that mate , is the system working like they going to refuse the applacation if they are not happy ? and if they are ok they will send you the email ? what is the steps of processing could anyone help me to understand that ,, tnx

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

UKBA on track YEAH :)

Post by makky86 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 am

Hi ,

UKBA staff are going nuts...REALLY

They have approved 67 Licenses today (26th November) [Unbelievable - I am sure they are doing July applications]

Date : 26/11/2012
Total New licenses : 67

Report :

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7G-NC ... XpHSFdIM3c

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: UKBA on track YEAH :)

Post by hashmil » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:53 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:Hi ,

UKBA staff are going nuts...REALLY

They have approved 67 Licenses today (26th November) [Unbelievable - I am sure they are doing July applications]

Date : 26/11/2012
Total New licenses : 67

Report :

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7G-NC ... XpHSFdIM3c
My company is on the list now!! YESS!!

Just for perspective on how long things took for me.

26th June 2012- Sponsor application made
8th October - Urgent treatment requested
12th October - UKBA got in touch regarding missing documents
22nd October - Sponsorship refused regardless of sending correct documents
26th October - Made fresh Sponsor Registration application. ( i have also sent my Tier 2 visa application without COS)
27th October - tier 1 PSW visa expired
6th November - invitation for Biometrics received (which i haven't gone to yet)
15th November - Urgent treatment requested (should've done this earlier)
23rd November - Company received email with confirmation that they have been registered as a sponsor.
26th November - Name appears on sponsor list. Though haven't got the details on post, so we can assign COS

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Diff b/w Unrestricted COS and Restricted COS

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Guys,

We have got the License but we have not received any Unrestricted COSs.. what does it mean.. My visa is expiring in couple of weeks.

Thanks,

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Diff b/w Unrestricted COS and Restricted COS

Post by makky86 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:05 pm

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:Hi Guys,

We have got the License but we have not received any Unrestricted COSs.. what does it mean.. My visa is expiring in couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Hi ,

When did you apply for license ?

Did you put number of un-restricted COS you need when putting an application ?

If you don't have any un-restricted COS available request for one and ask for urgent treatment and it will get sorted out then.

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply..We applied in May and requested urgent treatment.. They approved us the license but without any COS..

I just wanted to know, what is the difference between Unrestricted and Restricted COS

Thanks,

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:51 pm

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply..We applied in May and requested urgent treatment.. They approved us the license but without any COS..

I just wanted to know, what is the difference between Unrestricted and Restricted COS

Thanks,
If you apply outside of UK then you would need restricted COS and that will not come with application.

If you are already in Uk with valid visa (PSW ,old WorkPermit, UK Tier 4 )then they need un restricted COS (You will get COS with your license if you had asked for when you applied for license).

On which date did you apply ?

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi,

I am in UK on PSW.. So i need Restricted COS.. is it correct ?

we applied on last week of may..

Thanks,
Azeem

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:58 pm

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:Hi,

I am in UK on PSW.. So i need Restricted COS.. is it correct ?

we applied on last week of may..

Thanks,
Azeem
Since you are on PSW then you need un-restricted COS (You are also exempted from RLMT).

PM me I'll help you.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am

anyone know how long it takes to get the User ID for the SMS via the post? My company is on the sponsor list now, and have received the password via email on Friday. Still waiting for the User ID :-S

yogi43
Newly Registered

confused state...

Post by yogi43 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 am

We are in a confused state here...Has anybody encountered this ? My PSW expires in March 2013.To have ample amount of time we applied in July 2012 and this is the timeline of events...Anybody has idea whats going on?

19 July: Application Submitted

7 September: Letter from UKBA indicating we may be entitled to a refund of our fee. There was no indication of the status of the application itself.

7 September: Email to UKBA requesting clarification of their letter and an explanation of the status of the application.

27 September: Email Response from UKBA - Saying my query has been submitted to the relevant team and they would be in touch ASAP.

8 October: Having received no response we sent a chase up email.

10 October: UKBA sent an email asking us to clarify what we wanted to them to look into. This email made no reference to the previous email saying that my query had been sent to relevant department.

10 October : Clarification email sent by ourselves to UKBA

11 October: UKBA respond saying they have no record of our application on the system....

15 October: Email from new adviser at UKBA saying that they have emailed the case worker at UKBA again to chase.

16 October: We sent another email stating urgency of the matter explaining work permits due to expire March 2013

6 November: Received an email from UKBA asking if all has been resolved!!!!!

6 November: Replied to UKBA indicating nothing has been resolved... We are still no clearer regarding the status of the application.

8 November: Email from UKBA 'apologising' and asking me for a copy of the correspondence dated 7th September.

8 November: We sent a copy of the correspondence.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi ,

They have approved 38 Licenses today (27th) [Unbelievable]

Date : 27/11/2012
Total New licenses : 38

Report :

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7G-NC ... zNoV0ZWWHc

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Also could someone tell what date applications they are processing now ?