ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having WP and HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_seeker
Newly Registered

Having WP and HSMP

Post by hsmp_seeker » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:29 am

Hi,
I am currently working in the UK under Work Permit, which will expire in July and my employer will try to renew the same in June.

My doubt is - If I take a HSMP now (say for example, I receive it on Feb 20, then I need to apply for FLR before Aug 20). So, after my employer renews my Work Permit in June, Can I apply for FLR in August?. After doing this, can I also continue to work for the same employer without telling them that I've got a HSMP?

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:05 am

Yes you can. As long as you make your FLR switch before the HSMP letter expires, you should be ok.

I am not sure though if at the time of WP renewal the HO might see that you got an HSMP letter approval and might ask why you not going for HMSP FLR instead, but I never heard of that happening (at least on this board)....

Also, why do you want the WP to be extended, why not just do an FLR switch in June/July? That way your employer would also be happy as they don't have to pay for WP extension :)

hsmp_seeker
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_seeker » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:47 pm

You are right. Even I feel the same. If HO asks why are you going for WP when you have HSMP approval letter, then there are chances that my WP renewal gets rejected. That's why before applying for HSMP, I need to clarify this.

If anybody can confirm that it can be done this way, I would be really happy. If you come across any forum discussing this situation, please direct me there.

My circumstances are in such a way that I have to get HSMP, renew the WP and then get HSMP-FLR. Man.....It's gonna be tough ..............
:?

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:32 am

Once you get your HSMP approved and FLR done based on HSMP, your WP gets invalid automatically. It doesn't make sense to hide from your employer about your HSMP status, as HO would disclose your status to your employer when the empoyer applies for renewal for an invalid WP.

Prince1

Post by Prince1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:08 pm

At what point will the Work permit become invalid. When your HSMP is approved or when you apply for Leave to remain using the approved HSMP?...... any thoughts on this one...

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:53 pm

I am not quite sure at what stage, but I think it would be when you get your HSMP approval.

foobar
Newly Registered

Post by foobar » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:18 pm

In my case...
sent the passport for WP extn to employer in 3rd week of Dec 2006
HSMP approval recd on 2nd week of Jan

Today the passport is back with employer and has asked me the address to be sent...which means the WP extn was granted without any questions asked by HO to employer or me...

Let's see what is in the passport...will get back to you tomorrow....

Prince1

Post by Prince1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:20 pm

Interesting one...another HO technical knock-out if they don't notice !!. By the way, ...a question for Foobar....How long did it take to process your HSMP ?....

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:15 am

Your WP LTR only gets invalidated when you get HSMP FLR, and NOT when you get the approval. I checked this with the HO.

You could get an HSMP approval and never apply to switch your FLR status - no one would care as long as WP LTR is still valid.

foobar
Newly Registered

The HSMP approval didn't affect WP extn

Post by foobar » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:32 pm

Kawasaki1 is right..The HSMP approval didn't affect WP extn...

HSMP approval is dated 9th Jan...
WP is dated 30th Jan and is for 1 year.

My query is...
Will they inform the employer before invalidating WP?

Initial HSMP timelines...
DEC 3rd week: Applied for HSMP
JAN 2nd week: HSMP Approved

WP timelines
DEC 2nd week: Passport sent for WP Extn to employer
JAN 5th week: Got passport back with 1 year Visa

Planning to do FLR in 2nd week of Feb...
Please respond to the post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=13422

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:22 am

foobar ....

they will surely invalidate the WP that you are currently holding once they stamp the HSMP Visa .....

i guess it is not compulsory for them to intimate the employer as you will still be eligible to work in UK.