ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NOV 22 changes Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

residentuk
Newly Registered

NOV 22 changes Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)

Post by residentuk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 pm

I entered before April 2009 using Tier 2 ICT and had only one extension under the same category which would lead to 5 years . Does the new changes apply to people who entered before April 2009 at all?
Hence can I apply for ILR in 2014?

Thanks for your help.

tejnarai
Newly Registered

Post by tejnarai » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:58 pm

yes you can.

residentuk
Newly Registered

Clause

Post by residentuk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Do you have reference to any clause that it is still possible.
I saw the new law could be retrospective and doesnot say from which period(maybe I missed it)..

sha23

Post by sha23 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:19 am

Hi Mods,

Could you please explain the changes to Tier-2 ICT pot November22Nd. Hows it different than before. The document posted is a bit confusing.

Regds

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:19 am

sha23 wrote:For my visa application stage for Tier-2 ICT long term, I would having a dependant as well with me, which is my wife. Could you please mail me the link where I should refer for policy guidance for dependants applying from outisde uk.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -dependant
she will have to apply on VAF10
Note: there will be a new policy guidance from 13 December 2012:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... licy12.pdf

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:15 am

sha23 wrote:I am going to apply for tier-2 ICT long term from India. In M cos, my employer has mentioned, N in Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter UK during the period of approval?

I wanted to ask, since i might visit other countries in Europe during my stay there and will come for annual leave to india as well. I did not understand the question hence.
The question on the CoS is misleading. "N" is correct. "Y" would be for migrants based overseas. Your visa will enable you to travel in/out of the UK during its validity

manci
Respected Guru

Re: NOV 22 changes Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)

Post by manci » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 am

residentuk wrote:I entered before April 2009 using Tier 2 ICT and had only one extension under the same category which would lead to 5 years . Does the new changes apply to people who entered before April 2009 at all?
Hence can I apply for ILR in 2014? you will be eligible to apply for ILR on completion of the 5 years, there is nothing in the new rules which changes that
Thanks for your help.

sha23

queries

Post by sha23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:45 am

manci wrote:
sha23 wrote:I am going to apply for tier-2 ICT long term from India. In M cos, my employer has mentioned, N in Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter UK during the period of approval?

I wanted to ask, since i might visit other countries in Europe during my stay there and will come for annual leave to india as well. I did not understand the question hence.
The question on the CoS is misleading. "N" is correct. "Y" would be for migrants based overseas. Your visa will enable you to travel in/out of the UK during its validity
THanks a ton Manci,

Also the online forms available and the one for main applicant and dependant in PDF on UKBA site, I hope there is no difference in them. So that I can fill the forms in Hard copy and keep at my help, while I fill the visa form online ... Just wanted to make this sure.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: queries

Post by manci » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:43 am

sha23 wrote:
manci wrote:

THanks a ton Manci,

Also the online forms available and the one for main applicant and dependant in PDF on UKBA site, I hope there is no difference in them. So that I can fill the forms in Hard copy and keep at my help, while I fill the visa form online ... Just wanted to make this sure.also save/print the pages of the online form as you go along

sha23

Rights to Work for Tier-2 Dependants

Post by sha23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Manci,

Doubts regarding working of Tier-2 depedants:- What does the law say on it? Procedure to be followed? Is there any cap in salary for the same etc. please let us know the same

regards

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Rights to Work for Tier-2 Dependants

Post by manci » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 am

sha23 wrote:Hi Manci,

Doubts regarding working of Tier-2 depedants:- What does the law say on it? Procedure to be followed? Is there any cap in salary for the same etc. please let us know the same
see para 34 of the PBS Dependant guidance

sha23

Re: Rights to Work for Tier-2 Dependants

Post by sha23 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 pm

manci wrote:
sha23 wrote:Hi Manci,

see para 34 of the PBS Dependant guidance
thanks, though its a very round about language, I take it as no salary cap and one can work if not restrained post the visa has been stamped.