ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Potential spouse passport issue?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bali Thomas
Newly Registered

Potential spouse passport issue?

Post by Bali Thomas » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 pm

We are hoping to apply for a wife settlement visa in 2013 but a potential passport problem has arisen. I wonder if anyone can help please?

My wife is from an ASEAN country and has obtained 2 visitor visa's to UK for 2 trips of 6 weeks in the last 2 years without any problems.

Just before our trip earlier in the year, we got married and decided to have my name, the husband's name, endorsed in her passport after we returned from the trip. It was a big mistake I think.

On the first endorsement, 'Full Name of Bearer' it had her full name as Sri Miring Panjang, whereas the main passport name is Sri Miring. There was no problem with that.
We gave the Immigration office the Marriage Certificates with both our names, and there were no change of names after the marriage.

We asked them to add another endorsement with 'Name of Husband'. Imagine our surprise when they returned her passport having deleted her original endorsement and made a new one for 'Full name of Bearer' - Sri Miring Panjang And Other. They inserted her name followed by my name as a string of 6 names.

We returned the passport to them and pointed out the error. They refuse to delete the endorsement they made, saying it can wait until the passport expires in 4 years time. They wont cooperate at all.

Will this problem lead to a refusal of a settlement visa? please help if you can. Thank you.

Bali Thomas
Newly Registered

Post by Bali Thomas » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 am

Oops. Looks like I was too optimistic that someone had a similar experience. Anyway, thanks to all who spared the time to read my problem.