ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for my father I am on Tire1 general visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venuistqb
Newly Registered

Visitor visa for my father I am on Tire1 general visa

Post by venuistqb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:00 am

Hi all,

I am planning to apply visit visa for my father, I am having tire1 general visa.

I have few issues

1. My father name is different on his passport compare to my passport,so is there any way to overcome this issue please let me know

2.how much money they should show in India and howlong

3.how much money i should how in UK account and how long

This is very argent, Please drop your suggestion.

Thanks
Neelima

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:07 am

1. Birth Certificate (yours)

2 & 3. Not a tangible amount. If they have no money of their own and need your financial support you should have a regular positive cash flow in your historical bank statements. If they don't need your financial support, they need the same thing for their bank statements.

Don't consider depositing money in their account as that is not necessary and will be a big red flag.

venuistqb
Newly Registered

Post by venuistqb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, and your suggestion.

1. that means do i need to take birth certificate, and i need to mention my father name as like in passport.

2.I didn't under stand your answer for this, so don't need to show any particular amount or what

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:22 am

I presume you would send your BC to your father so that he may include it with his application. (You can't apply for his visa; he needs to do this himself).

There is no fixed sum; it entirely depends on the type of visit and what sums may be considered necessary to fund that type and length of trip. Normally, a regular positive cash flow of income from the applicant or the sponsor is sufficient.

venuistqb
Newly Registered

Post by venuistqb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 am

Hi,

1. that means on birth certificate, i should have same name as like my father passport right

OtherStuff
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor visa for my father I am on Tire1 general visa

Post by OtherStuff » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Neelima

Could you please let me know what did you do for the difference in name in your father's and your passport? What documents did you need to submit? Was the visa approved without hassles.

Thanks in advance