ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crowline

Re: Hallelujah

Post by crowline » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 pm

CONGS SKONKY always refreshg 2 c a success story on the forum for a change!

Jaymac
Newly Registered

Post by Jaymac » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm

CDNgirl,

I think I read that you sent your application form off on the 25th September?

That is the same day as my wife (Canadian citizen) sent hers off. Acknowledgement of receipt letter received in early October and her biometric letter came through last Wednesday. She did her biometrics on Thursday morning so now we're playing the waiting game.

We've got flights back to Canada for Christmas booked but looks like there is about a 5% chance of those coming off.

Hopefully yours will too. We have had my MP on the case for a few weeks as I requested my passport (sponsor) back for business travel at the start of October. The business trip that I was supposed to be on came and went last week and my passport still has not arrived (well over a month since requested).

Needless to say I am not too happy and neither is the company I work for.

I have another business trip to NY at the start of January.

What adds insult to injury is the utter contempt that UK BA staff seem to have for you when you speak to them on the phone, as well as being totally unable (and unwilling) to provide any practical help.

I haven't been able to get any information on why my passport was not returned within 20 business days, or if they've even added my request to whatever list they have (surely it doesn't take 20 days to photocopy a passport and put it in an envelope?!)

Skonky

Thank

Post by Skonky » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Thankyou for ya well wishes ......cdn girl I wish u luck too and everyone else waiting

It's an awful waiting game and I feel for everyone .

Hope to hear more good news from all forum members in the very near future[/i]

ukp
Newly Registered

Contact Number,option to check the status-6 months completed

Post by ukp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi ,
My wife applied for FLR(M) Visa on 17-May-2012 by post and completed Biometrics on 12-Jun-2012.

We tried contacting the number on Acknowledgement form and when give option to check the status of application, automated message comes saying that "applications less than 6 months can check their document status in Royal mail" and it hangs up.

Please could you let us know what number and option to use to check the application status.

Thanks in advance.

jbm

Post by jbm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 am

CDNgirl wrote:jbm
Hello,
applied on 16 august still no Bio letter.
thanks
I am in the same situation, although you have been waiting a bit longer than me.

I called up again today to be told that they can not find my details on the system AGAIN...as I experinced the same situation last week when I called. However, I had called a second time last week(after being told they couldn't find my details) which put me through to someone else, who could access my details - but was unable to send out the bio letter.

Also, I was advised by the lady I spoke with today that I should send a fax into UKBA with all my details (refrence, D.O.B, nationality etc) and explaining how I've been told different things by different people from UKBA regarding my application.

It's just so frustrating!! What have they been doing for the last 9 weeks with my application and the last 12 weeks with yours! I know they are busy, but wow!
thanks CDNgirl and Findshakil yes it is frustrating. @ CDNgirl they said'we canot find you on the system' which according to them when they send boimetric they put our details on the system so please wait. but he said because u have acknowledgment letter so you not need to worry and just wait.

CDNgirl do you have the fax number where u going to send your detail, would u mind to share .

thanks

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:30 am

Jaymac
CDNgirl,

I think I read that you sent your application form off on the 25th September?

That is the same day as my wife (Canadian citizen) sent hers off. Acknowledgement of receipt letter received in early October and her biometric letter came through last Wednesday. She did her biometrics on Thursday morning so now we're playing the waiting game.

We've got flights back to Canada for Christmas booked but looks like there is about a 5% chance of those coming off.

Hopefully yours will too. We have had my MP on the case for a few weeks as I requested my passport (sponsor) back for business travel at the start of October. The business trip that I was supposed to be on came and went last week and my passport still has not arrived (well over a month since requested).

Needless to say I am not too happy and neither is the company I work for.

I have another business trip to NY at the start of January.

What adds insult to injury is the utter contempt that UK BA staff seem to have for you when you speak to them on the phone, as well as being totally unable (and unwilling) to provide any practical help.

I haven't been able to get any information on why my passport was not returned within 20 business days, or if they've even added my request to whatever list they have (surely it doesn't take 20 days to photocopy a passport and put it in an envelope?!)
Well - that may mean there is slight hope for me...fingers crossed that I might recieve my bio letter in the coming weeks!

As I know how much flights to Canada cost, especially over Christmas, I feel so bad for you! Not only are your Christmas plans going to be ruined, but you will also be out likely thousands of pounds!

I really hope you recieve your passport soon. I will have to request mine back in the coming months as my passport is due to expire in Feb. I'm sure it will be fun trying to get a new one being as I'm currently iun limbo with the UKBA!

Skonky
Thankyou for ya well wishes ......cdn girl I wish u luck too and everyone else waiting
Thanks Skonky! Give your fingers a cross for me :)

jbm
CDNgirl do you have the fax number where u going to send your detail, would u mind to share .
The fax number they gave me was 0114 207 2536. You need to include all of your details, ref #, name, D.O.B, nationality and situation.

Good luck! Let me know if you hear anything. I'll keep you posted if I hear back too!

jbm

Post by jbm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:13 pm

CDNgirl wrote: The fax number they gave me was 0114 207 2536. You need to include all of your details, ref #, name, D.O.B, nationality and situation.

Good luck! Let me know if you hear anything. I'll keep you posted if I hear back too!
Thanks alot for sharing

Endless wait
Newly Registered

Re: Contact Number,option to check the status-6 months compl

Post by Endless wait » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 pm

ukp wrote:Hi ,
My wife applied for FLR(M) Visa on 17-May-2012 by post and completed Biometrics on 12-Jun-2012.

We tried contacting the number on Acknowledgement form and when give option to check the status of application, automated message comes saying that "applications less than 6 months can check their document status in Royal mail" and it hangs up.

Please could you let us know what number and option to use to check the application status.

Thanks in advance.
After getting all the critics in the news last week about their(UKBA) loop holes and incompetence, I was expecting a lot of turn up and goodnews...but rather everything went cold!!!

Jaymac
Newly Registered

Post by Jaymac » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 am

My passport (sponsor) arrived today... only 10 days past the 20 business window...

Finally... Hoping application gets approved soon now.

anil1978
Newly Registered

Re: Contact Number,option to check the status-6 months compl

Post by anil1978 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:03 am

ukp wrote:Hi ,

Thanks in advance.
My wife applied on the same date and to speak to them you need to press option 4 i think than you will be directed to someone but they will say it is still under processing, nothing more you can expect from them

CSilver
Newly Registered

Re: Hallelujah

Post by CSilver » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:10 am

Hello - I applied just two weeks after you, and received my biometrics letter October 15 (did them that day). I really hope I only have to wait a few more weeks. I applied first in February after my marriage and again in June but both times the UKBA didn't process the payment correctly so everything was sent back (they said card payment was denied by my bank - I phoned my bank and they said no attempt had ever been made to charge the amount for the application fee by the UKBA...grr).

I was hoping somebody could shed some light on what extra documents they request before finally approving the application. It seems they always request more documents when they actually look at the application.
It would be great to know so I can have everything on hand to send to them right away if they ask.

Me and my partner's financial situation is getting rather dire as I haven't been able to work for nearly 12 months, and we have already had to cancel going to a wedding in Greece in Autumn and going home to the US for Christmas. I am bit worried the UKBA may reject my application because we have far less funds than last year...does anybody know anything about that?

Any advice would be great! Good luck everyone!

Skonky wrote:After a lot of panic we received our documents back today with a letter saying brp to follow......

Key dates
Applied July 2nd
Biometrics taken 1st of sept
Requested more documents 17th nov
Sent requested documents to UKBA 19th nov
Received everything back today with acceptance letter 26th nov

Holiday booked today :)

This forum provides a lot of support, and without it my worries would have been extremely higher

Thank you so much for everyone's input....it is amazing how much it helps.
The best thing about it is we are all strangers in the same battle...but helping each other through this stressful situation.

Skonky

Csilver

Post by Skonky » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:51 am

I wouldn't worry about ya finances because u are within old rule date ,as long as ya fending for ya selves seems to be all that matters.

I think I was one of the first on this forum to have documents requested who applied in July.

I totally understand why they requested from me because when I received my first batch of documents back I hadn't really sent enough.

I hadn't sent 6 months earlier payslips and bank statements
I had just sent random ones over two years....no consistency lol
Plus my partner the applicant was in between jobs so on our form we had ticked he was unemployed...now he is!...so they probably wanted to see his recent payslips...and bank statements to back this up.

I think they are rushing through the pre 9th of July applicants now and not even sending out biometric invites to the ones who applied after that ,so they can hit great targets...it's just awful for those who have applied after 9th of July......
This is our second flrm and our first one took two weeks after biometrics submitted
So I'm expecting those who did apply after new rules will have a pretty fast response after biometrics are submitted
No doubt the Olympics had a lot to do with these delays.

CSilver
Newly Registered

Re: Csilver

Post by CSilver » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm afraid my application was sent and acknowledged a week after the 9 July change - If only I had know. This is what worries me most, as since the application my partner has become unemployed and I am still not permitted to work. I am hoping they will except the six or 12 months of pay slips and bank statements from the date of application in July, not in the following months as he has been unemployed since the beginning of September - however until that time he still made over the 18,200 per annum limit since January so I have my fingers crossed that will count.
I am just terrified of being rejected based on financial reasons and having to go back to the states, leaving my partner behind to deal with a large legal battle (involving his work and his dismissal).
I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Thanks for your help.

Skonky wrote:I wouldn't worry about ya finances because u are within old rule date ,as long as ya fending for ya selves seems to be all that matters.

I think I was one of the first on this forum to have documents requested who applied in July.

I totally understand why they requested from me because when I received my first batch of documents back I hadn't really sent enough.

I hadn't sent 6 months earlier payslips and bank statements
I had just sent random ones over two years....no consistency lol
Plus my partner the applicant was in between jobs so on our form we had ticked he was unemployed...now he is!...so they probably wanted to see his recent payslips...and bank statements to back this up.

I think they are rushing through the pre 9th of July applicants now and not even sending out biometric invites to the ones who applied after that ,so they can hit great targets...it's just awful for those who have applied after 9th of July......
This is our second flrm and our first one took two weeks after biometrics submitted
So I'm expecting those who did apply after new rules will have a pretty fast response after biometrics are submitted
No doubt the Olympics had a lot to do with these delays.

Skonky

csilver

Post by Skonky » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 pm

which visa are you here on anyway? fiance?

If so u were already on the road to settlement and fall in the old rules.

I dont think they will ask for further documents from you as ya application isnt that far back.
Most feb applicants got asked mostly to prove they still together etc.
Like i said i really i think i got asked to submit mine as i hadnt sent enough initially.
If you already have submitted your biometrics you are in with a good chance of hearing very soon
GOOD LUCK

CSilver
Newly Registered

Re: csilver

Post by CSilver » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 pm

I entered the UK in January with an entry clearance visa to enter into a civil partnership, which was done in January. So yes, I have been here the past year on that visa.
Thanks so much for your support, it's very reassuring.

Skonky wrote:which visa are you here on anyway? fiance?

If so u were already on the road to settlement and fall in the old rules.

I dont think they will ask for further documents from you as ya application isnt that far back.
Most feb applicants got asked mostly to prove they still together etc.
Like i said i really i think i got asked to submit mine as i hadnt sent enough initially.
If you already have submitted your biometrics you are in with a good chance of hearing very soon
GOOD LUCK

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Well, I got a response letter from UKBA today about my complaint last week. It just says that they got it and would try to deal with the complaint in 20 working days :roll:

crowline

april

Post by crowline » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:15 pm

any april applicants gat anything yet?

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 pm

i am also an April applicant no news yet. solicitor sent a letter last week saying conclude my file by giving a decision donno thats gonna help.. :?

CSilver
Newly Registered

Documents request

Post by CSilver » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I have another questions for everyone regarding the extra documents UKBA requests when they finally look at your application - It seems they ask for payslips and bank statements for six months prior to the date of application..so as I applied in July is it six months previous to that date, or six months from the date of request?
I am very nervous now as my partner lost his job in August and I'm afraid they will reject it based on that, even though we can provide payslips and bank statements for years before that...

Still.Waiting

Re: Documents request

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 pm

CSilver wrote:I have another questions for everyone regarding the extra documents UKBA requests when they finally look at your application - It seems they ask for payslips and bank statements for six months prior to the date of application..so as I applied in July is it six months previous to that date, or six months from the date of request?
I am very nervous now as my partner lost his job in August and I'm afraid they will reject it based on that, even though we can provide payslips and bank statements for years before that...

They ask for the most recent ones so from the date they request it you'll have to back date it to 6 months

CSilver
Newly Registered

Post by CSilver » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks - I'm afraid that might be very bad news for me...as my partner hasn't been working since August. Since then we have been living on savings and support from family. However I can provide the bank statements that show we are maintaining a high enough level of funds to live on.
Does anyone know if this would be enough - I understand I am still under the pre July 9 rules - or will I be rejected as my sponsor isn't employed at the moment? I am so afraid I will be forced to go back to the States and get a job there and apply all over again...

Thank you for any advice.

Still.Waiting wrote:
CSilver wrote:I have another questions for everyone regarding the extra documents UKBA requests when they finally look at your application - It seems they ask for payslips and bank statements for six months prior to the date of application..so as I applied in July is it six months previous to that date, or six months from the date of request?

They ask for the most recent ones so from the date they request it you'll have to back date it to 6 months

crowline

Post by crowline » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:40 pm

its 6months going back from date requested

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 pm

CSilver wrote:Does anyone know if this would be enough - I understand I am still under the pre July 9 rules - or will I be rejected as my sponsor isn't employed at the moment? I am so afraid I will be forced to go back to the States and get a job there and apply all over again...

Thank you for any advice.
You could ask a lawyer for advise I believe it'll be hard but you might still have a chance! Hope things work out for you. Did you request the payslips from you ?

Skonky

Csilver

Post by Skonky » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:56 pm

I feel for u CSilver ....we tend to go through every worst case scenario in our heads.

There is a 99% chance they won't ask for more documents from you if u had already sent them in with you're application.

The distress ukba are causing is in humane
It makes me mad and sick

Hope you hear very soon !

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:03 pm

CSilver wrote:I have another questions for everyone regarding the extra documents UKBA requests when they finally look at your application...
CS, you seem to be convinced that UKBA routinely request extra documentation when making their decision? In fact, they rarely do so.

When you make your application, the form will have specified what documents/ID and proofs to submit. Additionally, you might also have included any others that are particular to your case. It is these documents that the UKBA then use to inform their decision.

So the question is; was your original application strong and did you included everything requested?

If... and its a big if, they do request additional documents the guidelines say the caseworker should only do this if a document is missing (like say one payslip or bank statement from a sequence) or maybe a copy was submitted when only an original will do, AND that the application would have been successful if the document had been included originally.

We successfully applied in July and wasn't asked to submit anything further...

Our path to FLR