ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employement [Tier1/2] And Process ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MaxIn
Newly Registered

Change of Employement [Tier1/2] And Process ?

Post by MaxIn » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Hi,

Sorry if similar question has been answered in previous posting, as i could not find related info:

I have been offered a job & my new employer is willing to sponser me a workpermit
however they have never made any application in last 5 years.
Company was established about 2 and half years ago

In my present capacity i have completed 36 months with workpermit and my wp/visa is still valid for another year or so,
also there is no change in my job description.

What i would like to know :

. Wether application comes under Tier1 or Tier2
. What are the requirements for employer to make an application
. How long does it take

Incase of refusal will it effect my present status, since i need to apply for ILR in 6 monts time too.

Help will be higly apperciated

Regards

MaxIn

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:58 am

I have similar questions? Anyone!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:34 am

MaxIn,

Wether application comes under Tier1 or Tier2
T1
. What are the requirements for employer to make an application

1. Articles of incorporation including any registration requirements e.g. employers liability insurance.

2. VAT registration documents.

3. Tax returns - 3 years worth and must be audited as per UK tax laws.

4. Registration/ certification for payment of National Insurance Contributions.

5. Details of how the new job matches your current role i.e. detailed job description with duties, responsibilities and remuneration. An organisation structure would be useful.
. How long does it take
1 day if all information supplied - however given your company has not applied for WP before IMHO about 4 weeks.
Incase of refusal will it effect my present status, since i need to apply for ILR in 6 monts time too.
If your current Leave To Remain will expire before you get to ILR application then yes- your cloks counter stops although the HO will ignore it if you get a new job and new WP quickly taken anectodaly to be 1-2months. If your current LTR covers the period to ILR and you remain in your current job then it will have no impact.