ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 pm

this is their basic format to compose the letter but they dont do it, since they dont know why you couldnt make it to the biometric... for example they dont know if you were sick or ddnt even receive the letter... So due to this lack of information they cant just simply refuse your letter and send you reminder few times to make sure that there is something else wrong... Anyways dont worry, they wont return your application if you couldnt enrol for your biometrics atleast for 4 times !! Even though they return they wont refuse your application but would return you with UKBA fee cheque and also with the right of fresh application within a certain deadline... They return it as invalid because biometrics dept dont have right to approve/refuse your application, they just wait for your biometric report and than forward it to assign a caseworker, who indeed has right to refuse or approve your application back under real assessment... Biometric ppl have no right to make a decision but only return it with fresh application right to the applicant as they cant forward unless they have received the Biometric report !! Thanks

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally we got the license today. Gresious God !!! . I am going to enroll for the biometrics tommorrow and going to write them a latter Giving both the license number of my Company & COS number.

Will update you all with the out come of my Tier2 application.

Cheers

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Congrats Gameover,
That is a great news and glad the plan worked for you... you should be thankful to me for suggesting you a successful solution at right time lol, joking!! if You had enrolled your biometric, they probly would have sent you your refused application already by now!!... But God is great, I hope it works for everyone else as well... Take care and Best of Luck friend

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Congratulation Gameover,

So Happy for you my dear and wish you all the best for the future but please do update us with the outcome, which hopefully will be in your favour.

@ Chris we must thank you too for your advise and help which was very helpful not just for Gameover but for rest of us too as some of whom have already applied and some of us will apply as Sponsorship license application are still way to behind than the normal processing time.

Finally i have decided to apply under TIER 1 Enterpreneur route as i meet the requirements for that and I personally dont want to take risk of applying without COS as the company I am working was a small company and they dont have very good HR & compliance system in place. After considering all these factors i have decided to apply under TIER 1 instead.

Also Chris i need some help regarding the NQF LEVEL 4 Occupation.

here is the Senario.

If I registered a new Company which will be Trading as TAXI FIRM in UK.

I registered myself as Director of the Company.

and Also I will be working as Office Manager and according to Occupation Skilled to National Qualification Frame Work its fall under LEVEL 4 with SOC Code: 1152

kindly could you or anyone else please tell me do i meet the requirements?

because as per my understanding as Long as i am working / or doing a job which is at LEVEL 4 NQF and its listed in NQF qualification List I meet the requirements.

So Kindly guys please help and i am sorry in advance as i am asking a Tier 1 question in Tier 2 forum but unfortunately they are using Tier 2 Graduate level occupation list for Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa and level of occupation and SOC Code too

Thanks you very much for your help in advance
regards

Rehan

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 pm

chris_g642 wrote:Congrats Gameover,
That is a great news and glad the plan worked for you... you should be thankful to me for suggesting you a successful solution at right time lol, joking!! if You had enrolled your biometric, they probly would have sent you your refused application already by now!!... But God is great, I hope it works for everyone else as well... Take care and Best of Luck friend
Off course Chris thanks a lot for the advise and all other members who replied to my posts.

I have a question in my mind what should be the start date on the COS?? Shall we put a date when my leaves expired or can we use let say tomorrows date?

I have been working for my company for almost 2 years now . Please somebody answer my question ASAP.

Thanks

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:50 am

As per my understanding your COS start date will be date after the sponsorship license is issued. If you put the CAS date when your leave to remain expired at that time your company didnt have the sponsorship license.

but speak to legal advisor regarding this to get a proper advise.

Wish you all the best

regards

Rehan

chin1605

COS Start Date

Post by chin1605 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Gameover,

The start date SHOULD be the day after the expiry of your previous visa, as you want to continue to work for the same sponsor. It is the date that your employment as sponsored by the sponsor begins when the COS is assigned.

Although your organisation just received their sponsor licence, their application was prioritised because of the urgent request based on your visa expiring. So they are AWARE that you submitted your application on time and that it took them time to sort out their own system/processes.

If you put tomorrow’s date, that would mean that you were unemployed from the time your visa expired and you would perhaps be termed as an overstayer.
You can check the SMS manual on the UKBA website if in doubt.
I hope this helps.

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:22 am

gameover_786 wrote:Hi Guys,

Finally we got the license today. Gresious God !!! . I am going to enroll for the biometrics tommorrow and going to write them a latter Giving both the license number of my Company & COS number.

Cheers
Hi gameover,
Congrats mate ..Everything ill happen.
I need one info from you mate. When did you request for urgent treatment mate and at what you got the license. Because we requested uregent treatment on 12th of this november and still waitingfor it. MyPSW expiring on 30th of Nov. Ijust wanna know how long it is taking.
Thanks

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Post by crazyjelly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:07 pm

karthiktr wrote:
gameover_786 wrote:Hi Guys,

Cheers
Hi gameover,
Congrats mate ..Everything ill happen.
I need one info from you mate. When did you request for urgent treatment mate and at what you got the license. Because we requested uregent treatment on 12th of this november and still waitingfor it. MyPSW expiring on 30th of Nov. Ijust wanna know how long it is taking.
Thanks
My company's application for a sponsorship licence was sent in early Oct. My visa expired on the 16th of Nov and an urgent treatment was made on the 2nd of Nov. Got a reply from the UKBA saying they'd treat our application as "urgent" pretty much an hour after the request had been made AND we've not heard anything from the UKBA since then!!!!! my tier 2 application was sent off without a COS and it's been all quiet so far...APPARENTLY, someone from this forum said his/her company had made an urgent request on the 8th Nov and a licence was granted 2 days ago! (they applied in Aug and my company applied in Oct tho...)

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading the comments on this forum and they are pretty good. Congrats Gameover :)

I work for one of the biggest colleges. My company applied for the licence end of September 2012 and the HR emailed them today and they said that they were still dealing with applications sent on the 12th of June...

My PSW visa expires on the 16th of March.

is it more likely not to come on time? If not, what would be my option?

Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:00 am

JS28 wrote:Hi All,

I have been reading the comments on this forum and they are pretty good. Congrats Gameover :)

I work for one of the biggest colleges. My company applied for the licence end of September 2012 and the HR emailed them today and they said that they were still dealing with applications sent on the 12th of June...

My PSW visa expires on the 16th of March.

is it more likely not to come on time? If not, what would be my option?

Thanks
Hi,

If you had asked me this question last month I would have said "No ,it will not come in time", but since last month they are processing applications like anything.

At one point they were stuck with April applications for like months and processing just 2-5 applications everyday,but in last few weeks ,on average,they are processing over 40 applications every day.

On 21st September 2012 : Processing mid-april 2012 Applications

On 15th November 2012 : Processing 24th May 2012 applications

On 22nd November 2012 : Processing 12th June 2012 applications

So you can see within one week they processed over 3 weeks applications.I would say you'll get license in time.

*Based on above figure.

This all happend because of backlog,otherwise maximum time was 6 weeks in 2011.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:21 pm

HEY GUYS!!

So today my company got confirmation that they have been registered as a sponsor, and was emailed the password for the Sponsor Management System. I think the user ID is sent via post, so hopefully should get it on Monday. (though my company name hasn't come up on the list of Sponsors yet :-S)

Just for timeline: my company screwed up their first application, and they re-applied for the license and registration end of October. My visa expired end of October as well, and i sent my visa application without the sponsor details but with a cover letter from HR explaining the situation. Got letter regarding biometrics just after 2 weeks of sending my application. I haven't enrolled it yet. I guess i'll do it on Monday or Tuesday after my COS is assigned. - and oh need to post them the COS number and stuff.. :)

Vj1510
Newly Registered

i am worried what to do?

Post by Vj1510 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:32 am

My company has applied for licensce on june 20th and they got an email today saying we need some more clarifications?

My visa expires december 7th. What should i do now?

1. shall i apply my visa without licensce eventhough UKBA is in verfication with the company.

Any ideas would be great helpful please.

sssa
Newly Registered

Post by sssa » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:38 am

gameover_786 wrote:
chris_g642 wrote:Congrats Gameover,
Off course Chris thanks a lot for the advise and all other members who replied to my posts.

I have a question in my mind what should be the start date on the COS?? Shall we put a date when my leaves expired or can we use let say tomorrows date? There is no option for choosing a start date in the past.

I have been working for my company for almost 2 years now . Please somebody answer my question ASAP.

Thanks

sssa
Newly Registered

Re: COS Start Date

Post by sssa » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:51 am

chin1605 wrote:Hi Gameover,

The start date SHOULD be the day after the expiry of your previous visa, as you want to continue to work for the same sponsor. It is the date that your employment as sponsored by the sponsor begins when the COS is assigned.

Although your organisation just received their sponsor licence, their application was prioritised because of the urgent request based on your visa expiring. So they are AWARE that you submitted your application on time and that it took them time to sort out their own system/processes.

If you put tomorrow’s date, that would mean that you were unemployed from the time your visa expired and you would perhaps be termed as an overstayer.

You could be considered NOT SPONSORED but cant be termed as UNEMPLOYED if you were working.

Your previous visa may have given you the right to work full time, for example if you were on Tier 4 and had completed your course.

When there is an application outstanding then you are not an overstayer

You can check the SMS manual on the UKBA website if in doubt.
I hope this helps.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:05 am

Thanks guys for your replies. Yes there is no option to choose the historic date while assigning the COS. My employer has assigned me a cos with today's date. Any way let see what happens. i am going to post UKBA my COS with a covering letter explaining the reason why this information was missing and request them to consider my letter as part of my application form.
I also explained them that there was no option to choose a historic date for cos on the online system.

Any idea of the address where i can send all this information. My 1st thought is to send this to the same address where i send my initial application. what you guys suggest???

Thank you once again for all of you for ideas.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Thanks guys for your replies. Yes there is no option to choose the historic date while assigning the COS. My employer has assigned me a cos with today's date. Any way let see what happens. i am going to post UKBA my COS with a covering letter explaining the reason why this information was missing and request them to consider my letter as part of my application form.
I also explained them that there was no option to choose a historic date for cos on the online system.

Any idea of the address where i can send all this information. My 1st thought is to send this to the same address where i send my initial application. what you guys suggest???

Thank you once again for all of you for ideas.
i think you can email them here: ERV@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk (don't know this email address is still active though. my brother used this to get in touch when he had a payment issue)

mosi
Newly Registered

Urgent advice required on Tier2 Visa application

Post by mosi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Dear Gameover / Hashmil ,

Guys, I have been reading your post and I am exactly in the position that you have been through. I really need your help..Please reply as soon as possible.

I'm planning to apply my Tier 2 Visa without COS as my current Tier 1 PSW expires on Dec 16th.

Recently we came to know that our company sponsor license got refused and we are planning to apply a new license with an urgent request.

I have following question.

1) Do I need to use online Tier 2 application or paper based Tier 2 application.

2) What do I need fill in the section M about sponsorship. Do we need to leave the entire section blank or fill everything except the sponsorship license number & Certificate of sponsorship number.

3) For the question "Do you have a Certificate of Sponsorship?" do we need to give "No" or leave it blank.

4) What about Sponsor Address, Job Title, Salary etc..? Shall I fill these?

5) Do you have the format of the cover letter that you presented for tier 2 application. It would be great..if you can copy paste or send it to me (If needed you can remove your company details from it. All I need is the format).

Look forward to hear back from you guys soon...By the way wish you both a good luck with your Visa. :)

Thanks for your help!

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Urgent advice required on Tier2 Visa application

Post by hashmil » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 pm

1) Do I need to use online Tier 2 application or paper based Tier 2 application.
I made mine postal. I assume it's slower, hence buys me more time before my company get's their registration and CoS.

2) What do I need fill in the section M about sponsorship. Do we need to leave the entire section blank or fill everything except the sponsorship license number & Certificate of sponsorship number.
I filled everything except the details i don't know yet.

3) For the question "Do you have a Certificate of Sponsorship?" do we need to give "No" or leave it blank.
I left it blank if i remember right

Yep, i filled those too.

5) Do you have the format of the cover letter that you presented for tier 2 application. It would be great..if you can copy paste or send it to me (If needed you can remove your company details from it. All I need is the format).

Don't have the letter with me now, but if memory serves the following were in the letter:
- Brief explanation of what happened with the first application, and basically saying that it got refused. Quote application reference number
- Tell that you have made a new application (quote new application reference number)
- Because of the initial delays, and the refusal you were unable to complete Section M.
- Reason as to why the company can't let you leave, and why you are a valuable asset etc.
- asking them to 'hold' on to the application till the COS is assigned, and that you had to send the application through because the visa was expiring.

Most importantly, remember to follow up by emailing them for urgent treatment. we only chased up after a couple of weeks, and two weeks from the day they got the email they sent us the sponsorship. Also remember to send a scan of the page of your visa with that email. (you company has to do this for you)

Having said this, there is no guarantee that this will work. The only two people i know who have done this is myself and Gameover. And both of us are awaiting decision now. I hope to god that this works!

mosi
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent advice required on Tier2 Visa application

Post by mosi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 pm

hashmil wrote:1) Do I need to use online Tier 2 application or paper based Tier 2 application.
I made mine postal. I assume it's slower, hence buys me more time before my company get's their registration and CoS.

I filled everything except the details i don't know yet.

I left it blank if i remember right

Yep, i filled those too.

Don't have the letter with me now, but if memory serves the following were in the letter:
- Brief explanation of what happened with the first application, and basically saying that it got refused. Quote application reference number
- Tell that you have made a new application (quote new application reference number)
- Because of the initial delays, and the refusal you were unable to complete Section M.
- Reason as to why the company can't let you leave, and why you are a valuable asset etc.
- asking them to 'hold' on to the application till the COS is assigned, and that you had to send the application through because the visa was expiring.

Most importantly, remember to follow up by emailing them for urgent treatment. we only chased up after a couple of weeks, and two weeks from the day they got the email they sent us the sponsorship. Also remember to send a scan of the page of your visa with that email. (you company has to do this for you)

Having said this, there is no guarantee that this will work. The only two people i know who have done this is myself and Gameover. And both of us are awaiting decision now. I hope to god that this works!
Dear Gameover/ Hashmil,

Thanks for your kind replies guys.

Couple of questions more:

1) Did any of you submit a cover letter on your own, along with the one given by your company? Or is it is only one cover letter from your company?

2) Regarding the Job Title - Does it need to match exactly what is the Job title mentioned in the "codes of practice for skilled occupations under Tier 2" - My company has given me a job title that does not show up in the codes of practice, however there are related jobs available. In the Tier 2 application for Job title do I need to give the actual job title given to me or the related job title mentioned in the codes of practice.

Really appreciate you both for your help and advice. Look forward to hear back from you soon.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:10 am

1) Did any of you submit a cover letter on your own, along with the one given by your company? Or is it is only one cover letter from your company?
Not necessary, but you can write one if you want to. It's not an exact rule.

2) Regarding the Job Title - Does it need to match exactly what is the Job title mentioned in the "codes of practice for skilled occupations under Tier 2" - My company has given me a job title that does not show up in the codes of practice, however there are related jobs available. In the Tier 2 application for Job title do I need to give the actual job title given to me or the related job title mentioned in the codes of practice.
You will have to use something that closely resembles to your job. There will almost never be an exact match. Whichever job code that your company thinks resembles closest to the one you are doing, regardless of what it is called. Also importantly it NEEDS to be a NQF6 level job (or NQF4-Creative).

akjee
Newly Registered

Situation is not different for the rest of us

Post by akjee » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Gameover_786 - yours is such a teetering story. u must be one brave soul to go through this whole experience. I hope you finally get your visa and continue to work here. Make sure you savor the moment you do!
The same thing happenned to me in the States, and I waited long after my H1B visa expired, but I got a denial notice after 5 months of excruciating pain. Of course I had to leave the country, and it left an indelible mark on my personal and professional life as a result. Now, unfortunately, I'm going through a similar situation in the UK, but I'd like to think that I'm better equipped mentally to deal with the waiting.

The Situation:

(PSW to Tier2)

My employer applied for a sponsorship (T2 and T5 intra company as well) license this month. My PSW visa expires march '13. Chances are, I will be fighting for life come February.

The Questions:

A) How does one request the application for sponsor licence to be processed URGENTLY? email id or contact info at UKBA would be helpful.

B) Is there a "PREMIUM" approach that my employer can use, that may involve shelling out more pounds, but will get them the license sooner? If so, I want to give them this suggestion just in case they weren't aware.

C) Is the 6 month clause still valid? i.e, you must have worked for the employer for the past 6 month and must intend to continue working there, in order to be eligible for a Tier 2. I have worked in this company for almost 2 years now, but if there is another employer who can give me a CoS earlier, can I consider applying for Tier 2 with the new employer ?

Thanks for your help everyone. This forum is not just informative and factual, it is also a sanctuary for people like us. These are times, some of us will never forget for the rest of our lives and people like Gamesover_786 will always linger in our thoughts for years to come.

Keep it going folks. There is so much to live for...

B)

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi Morsi

i personally think that you should write a cover letter yourself along with the one from the company. The cover letter from company should include all the explanation for sponsorship application and also that they want to retain you as an employee at any cost.

The cover letter from you should talk about your application and missing information in your application form and reason for not giving those information.Also talk about why you are applying on time with out the necessary information.

This is my own opinion and you do not have to do exactly the same. Choose whatever you are comfortable with.

Hope this helps.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I posted the COS with a covering letter explaining all the drama to UKBA on the same address where i posted my Tier 2 application. They received it and i have the proof of it which i kept it for my file in case they refuse my application(hope not :) ).

Thank you akjee for your comments. Well this was all happened with the help off users of this forum whom i am deeply thankful. You can find all the answers in this post and other posts on this forum as they are already discussed.

I will keep you all updated with the progress of my application.

Good luck all.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Don't quote me on this but earlier today I was on the phone to the UKBA (0300 123 4699) and was told that they have had a change of policy; they will now accept Tier 2 LTR applications without a CoS as long as the employer has applied for a licence. The advisor suggested that a letter from the employer be included with the application giving details of when the licence was applied for.

I cannot guarantee the above is true but the advisor stated that an email had been circulated confirming this change to the internal guidance.

Has anyone else heard this?