ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP LOST & FOUND

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishmathw
Newly Registered

BRP LOST & FOUND

Post by anishmathw » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:25 am

Please advise me on my stiuvation. I lost my BRP while on holiday in India and reported loss to BRPLost@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, they confirmed my BRP is cancelled and avoid using if found. Now I applied for new BRP on 26/11 at VFS office and today I recovered my lost BRP card. My return flight is rebooked for this saturday and it seems impossible to receive new BRP by that time. I am thinking about using old BRP to travel and talk to UKBA staff at airport. Is it possible to get entry without trouble ? Please please advise any experience on this , because delay in return could risk my job.

sindy123
Newly Registered

Post by sindy123 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 am

Hi,

Recovered BRP card should never be used as the Homeoffice will have now cancelled the old one. You are at risk if you travel with the old one and have to wait until you get a new one. You could speak to the Homeoffice and see if they can speed up the processing.

The immigration board will nto allow you to travel at the airport as for them what they will see in the computer is that this BRP has been cancelled. Even if you are let through, you will not be allowed in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Sindy

anishmathw
Newly Registered

Post by anishmathw » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 pm

sindy123 wrote:Hi,

Recovered BRP card should never be used as the Homeoffice will have now cancelled the old one. You are at risk if you travel with the old one and have to wait until you get a new one. You could speak to the Homeoffice and see if they can speed up the processing.

The immigration board will nto allow you to travel at the airport as for them what they will see in the computer is that this BRP has been cancelled. Even if you are let through, you will not be allowed in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Sindy
thanks mate for advise, I decided not to travel. I applied and still waiting on 11th working day. What a great service for some one whose journey is delayed :-(