ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General: Self employment : Maintenance fund: help plz

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ddddd123
Newly Registered

Tier1 General: Self employment : Maintenance fund: help plz

Post by ddddd123 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Dear fellows,

I am shortly applying for TIER 1 General extension within the next 2 weeks time as my Visa will not be valid after 7 Jan 2013.

I am self employed business consultant and extending tier 1 general.

I am very confused and panicked at the same time as

for the purpose of maintaining funds : I have not maintained £900 for the past 90 days in a personal bank account

Instead I have SOLE TRADER business account (current a/c) which has my name on the bank statements as " S Jane T/A SJ CONSULTING "as my name is Mr S Jane.

The sole trader account statements has ( I have maintained ) more than £2000 for the past 5 months, now wondering if Visa authority will accept my sole trader ac bank statements as a proof for maintaining funds too ?

or will they need my personal bank statement?

OTHER DOCUMENTS ARE

1. Accountants letter confirming self employed income invoices.
2. To show incomes - Personal current account statements for the first 6 months and then onward sole trader account (I have used LLoyds tsb Current account for the first 7 months and later opened a business account as the business was getting better and thought of having a business account to earn credibility)
3. NI contribution paid receipts (for 2012)
4. Business insurance documents
5. ALL self employed income invoices.
and Qualification award certificates ( optional since I have given for switching in to Tier 1 general earlier).

I really appreciate if you can get back as my a** is on fire and really need some help

**** or should I get a letter from my bank saying that " Mr s Jane has been maintaining more than £2000 for the past 5 months in SOLE TRADER ACCOUNT ***** account number & sortcode *** , and during the period he had no restrictions on payments or withdrawals from the mentioned account or so " ?

Questions and advice, suggestions please
Help please
Jane

register
Newly Registered

Post by register » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:13 am

It doesnt matter which account, you just have to maintain funds for consecutive 90 days.

No need of insurance doc as well.

Dont add too much paper work and confuse CW.

Keep it simple and straight forward.