ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent to ILR dependent - from outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhinavsid
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent to ILR dependent - from outside UK

Post by abhinavsid » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi Friends,

Many Thanks for helping me out with getting my Tier 1 dependent done.
Now situation is, my wife's Tier 1 is expiring on 12 Feb 2013 and thus my Tier 1 visa is valid till then ( i.e. 12th Feb 2013).

I am currently stuck in my job in India and my organization is not letting me go (though they previously agreed to free me as soon as I will get my visa).

So situation is I have to continue my job till February 26th 2013. Hence my visa will expire.

My question is:

1. Will I be able to apply for ILR dependent visa once my wife gets her ILR in UK?
2. Do I need to file my dependent visa with her?
3. Do my presence in UK is mandatory to file for converting my Tier 1 dependent visa to ILR dependent visa?
4. If answer to 3 question is yes, what date I have to be in UK so that my application is not jeopardized?

Any other tips or points are completely welcomed. If anyone need any help from me, just reach out to me.

Thanks so much and please keep up the great work!!