ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Telecom/GSM job prospects in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gallian100

Telecom/GSM job prospects in UK

Post by Gallian100 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:59 am

Hi ,
I have more than 7 years experience working with a GSM operator (I mean a graduate level engineering job). I want to know the availibility of Telecom/GSM engineering jobs in UK before heading for HSMP application process.

bodyguard

Post by bodyguard » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:35 pm

try to look at job sites such as cwjobs.co.uk and see if there are any jobs matching your profile are posted on jobsites such as cwjobs.co.uk

If you look carefully, you will find that same jobs are posted everyday. So, it would be better to look for jobs that were posted in last 1-2 days. It will give you clearer picture.

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi Gallian100,

I'm also in similar position. I have 6 yrs exp. in 3G and Embedded Systems. I see lot of openings in the job portals. But I heard the Employer first looks for the UK/Europian Union candidates, if they are not able to get any then only non UK/ non EU candidates gets a chance.

bodyguard

Post by bodyguard » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:23 am

this is true if u want to apply for work permit. but if u are already an hsmp holder, then u get equal preference to euro/british candidates.

Gallian100

Post by Gallian100 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi Neel,
Yes you are right, the employers generally check your working rights before the first step. however still there are a lot of oppertunities.

According to my friends in UK (already working for Telcos) , after HSMP your changes of getting a good job increase by 50% so I am planning to do that.

By the way where are your from?

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:32 am

Hi Hi Gallian100,

I'm from India. It's been almost a month since I've got my EC approved. I've got my HSMP under old rules and Under 28 category.

Thanks,
Anil