ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Dependent - Baby Born in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

firangi

Work Permit Dependent - Baby Born in UK

Post by firangi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi

I have been with my family in UK since Dec 2008 on Work Permit valid for 5 yrs. I will be flying to India in Dec-2012 for a Holiday and hence wanted to know the process of applying WP dependent visa for our new born baby. I suppose it will be done at Croydon office. Any guidance on supporting documents, seeking appointment, timelines would be greatly beneficial.

I will be receving the Indian passport this week.

Thanks n Regards

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:05 am

Hello,

Even we are expecting baby in next few weeks.

Can you please give details on how to apply for an Indian Passport for a new born baby and list of documents required?

Also we need to apply for a Tier 2 Dependent visa for the baby once the passport is done. Kindly guide with the process and list of documents required for the baby visa too.

Thanks![quote][/quote]

firangi

Post by firangi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:00 pm

For passport refer to this link:
http://hcilondon.in/passport.php

For registering child's birth with High Commission, click:
http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in

Both the process can happen parallely on the same day. Baby's passport guidance is on this website. If you are applying in the first few months, remember photos with baby's eyes closed are acceptable. Make sure you have 7-8 photos, as they ask for few spare copies.

Birth registration:
Complete the online form, print one copy. Both the parents should sign. One parent can do the application. Fees: £34
Docu needed: Full birth certificate, Parents passport copy (Front, back and Work visa), Marriage Certificate. 1 photocopy self attested of each document and ORIGINAL should also be carried. Birth certificate and Marriage certificate to be signed by both parents.

Passport:
Once you do the birth registration, photocopy the receipt and attach copy to passport application. Again, Both the parents should sign. Fees: £19
Docu needed: Full birth certificate, Parents passport copy (Front, back and Work visa) and Birth registration receipt copy. 1 photocopy self attested of each document and ORIGINAL should also be carried. Birth certificate to be signed by both parents. Baby thumb impression - right thumb for girls and left for boys.

You will be asked to pick up passport in 6-7 days time between 4 -5 pm. I would recommend reaching high commission office around 6.30-6.45 am , so that you are all done by 10-10.30 am. They allocate coupons at 8.30 but window opens at 9.30am. If you happen to be within first few applicants, try to carry exact change for both fees, as usually during morning the high commission insist on exact change.

I hope it is clear.

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Thank you for the detailed update. Very helpful.

Do we need to take the baby to the High Commission to apply for Indian Passport?

Also is the baby's presence required at the UKBA Croydon office while applying for Tier 2 Dependent visa for the new born baby?

I'm just bit concerned as our baby will be born in the winter. Thanks.

firangi

Post by firangi » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:16 pm

For Indian Passport - not needed.

I havent started my dependent visa application, but I am sure - not needed.

Thanks

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks for the reply.

VIVESING022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by VIVESING022 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks for providing the detailed info. I just want to know that once we register the birth of new born with high commission will they provide any document or anything. The reason why I am aksing this question is that because one of my friend did the same thing but the person sitting at the consular section asked my friend to give him next day delivery envelope. My friend is not aware that why the person has asked the envelope. Will high commission be sending some document related to birth registration with them ?

Waiting for your kind reply.

Cheers,
Vivek
firangi wrote:For passport refer to this link:
http://hcilondon.in/passport.php

For registering child's birth with High Commission, click:
http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in

Both the process can happen parallely on the same day. Baby's passport guidance is on this website. If you are applying in the first few months, remember photos with baby's eyes closed are acceptable. Make sure you have 7-8 photos, as they ask for few spare copies.

Birth registration:
Complete the online form, print one copy. Both the parents should sign. One parent can do the application. Fees: £34
Docu needed: Full birth certificate, Parents passport copy (Front, back and Work visa), Marriage Certificate. 1 photocopy self attested of each document and ORIGINAL should also be carried. Birth certificate and Marriage certificate to be signed by both parents.

Passport:
Once you do the birth registration, photocopy the receipt and attach copy to passport application. Again, Both the parents should sign. Fees: £19
Docu needed: Full birth certificate, Parents passport copy (Front, back and Work visa) and Birth registration receipt copy. 1 photocopy self attested of each document and ORIGINAL should also be carried. Birth certificate to be signed by both parents. Baby thumb impression - right thumb for girls and left for boys.

You will be asked to pick up passport in 6-7 days time between 4 -5 pm. I would recommend reaching high commission office around 6.30-6.45 am , so that you are all done by 10-10.30 am. They allocate coupons at 8.30 but window opens at 9.30am. If you happen to be within first few applicants, try to carry exact change for both fees, as usually during morning the high commission insist on exact change.

I hope it is clear.

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Yes you will normally receive this document by post in a month's time.

Document is called 'Certificate of Entry of a Birth of An Indian Citizen' issued by High Commission of India.

Baby has to be registered within a year's time at nearest Indian Embassy. Process only gets complicated later.

VIVESING022 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for providing the detailed info. I just want to know that once we register the birth of new born with high commission will they provide any document or anything. The reason why I am aksing this question is that because one of my friend did the same thing but the person sitting at the consular section asked my friend to give him next day delivery envelope. My friend is not aware that why the person has asked the envelope. Will high commission be sending some document related to birth registration with them ?

Waiting for your kind reply.

Cheers,
Vivek