ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CSilver
Newly Registered

Re: Documents request

Post by CSilver » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Thank you.
I am worried because we did not submit 6 months of bank statements and pay slips and it seems this is what they want - however I submitted everything the application asked for and I do not remember any mention of six months worth of statements and pay slips, or else we would have sent them. We sent the most recent payslip and bank statement and a letter from my partner's employed saying how long he had been working there and how much he was paid on average per month - he is an obstetric surgeon so at the time was making more than enough to meet the financial requirement.
It is just the temporary unemployment that is scaring me.

It is just so ridiculous because if they gave me my card I could find a good paying job to support us both within weeks!
ID29 wrote:
CSilver wrote:I have another questions for everyone regarding the extra documents UKBA requests when they finally look at your application...
CS, you seem to be convinced that UKBA routinely request extra documentation when making their decision? In fact, they rarely do so.

When you make your application, the form will have specified what documents/ID and proofs to submit. Additionally, you might also have included any others that are particular to your case. It is these documents that the UKBA then use to inform their decision.

So the question is; was your original application strong and did you included everything requested?

If... and its a big if, they do request additional documents the guidelines say the caseworker should only do this if a document is missing (like say one payslip or bank statement from a sequence) or maybe a copy was submitted when only an original will do, AND that the application would have been successful if the document had been included originally.

We successfully applied in July and wasn't asked to submit anything further...

Our path to FLR

meemyself&I

Biometrics letter received but case ref no confusing

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:25 pm

My timeline:

Visa type: FLR (M)
Application posted: 31 October 2012
Payment taken: 2 November 2012
Ack. letter: Dated 2 Nov (received 5 Nov 2012)
Biometric letter: Dated 26 Nov (received 29.11.12)
Biometric enrolled: 29 November 2012
God's divine child

jakebng
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by jakebng » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:58 pm

My timeline:

Application posted:20 APRIL 2012
Payment taken: NOT SURE
Ack. letter: NOT SURE
Biometric letter: 4TH MAY
Biometric enrolled: 8TH MAY 2012
PASSPORT : GOD KNOWS
BRP : HEAVEN KNOWS - GANGNAM STYLE

I HOPE I RECEIVE B4 DEC 11 2012, HOPE MY LONG LONG WAIT IS OVER!!!

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 pm

As happy as I am for other people to be receiving anything from UKBA its so frustating that people who apply more than a month after someone have already received their biometrics letter and done their biometrics. Yet they still claim that the process applications as they come in!

Guess Ill make another call tomorrow to probably be told that they don't have my details on the system, regardless that I have received my acknowledgment letter with their reference number! Grrr

ID29

Re: Documents request

Post by ID29 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 am

CSilver wrote:Thank you.
I am worried because we did not submit 6 months of bank statements and pay slips and it seems this is what they want...
You may be okay. Although under the old rules it was usual to submit 3 months of payslips and/or bank statements. We actually sent 4 months worth. Under the new rules the requirements are much steeper and you would be expected to provide a lot more documentation going back 6 months or more. In future they will refuse an application for being a penny under the limits, it will be that tough.

It is just the temporary unemployment that is scaring me.
Again, you cannot be absolutely sure what other checks they may make behind the scenes (other Government databases, banks etc) but you might be lucky. Your partner had a very good job, backed up with references so its possible they will accept what's in front of them and approve you application as is.

Meanwhile, to use an old phrase, expect the best but plan for the worse.

If your partner is looking for work (and he really ought to be) keep a record of everything. Also, proof of how you are currently supporting yourself etc (which you already mentioned earlier). Then, if you do get bad news you might be able to make the case that his unemployment is merely temporary (although the longer it goes on the worse it appears) and that you're still able to support yourselves. The point though, if you've already got the proof ready you'll be able to submit it quickly. The last thing you need now is to be forced to reapply under the new rules.

Because our situations, circumstances and timelines are similar, you're welcome to send me a private message if I can help further.

John

Skonky

FAO..Aus25

Post by Skonky » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:21 am

Aus25

I'm just curious to know if you have had any news yet?

Your timeline was on par with a few on here that have received their BRP.

Fill us in.

AmunRah
Newly Registered

Re: Biometrics letter received but case ref no confusing

Post by AmunRah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm

meemyself&I wrote:My timeline:

Application posted: 31 October 2012
Payment taken: 2 November 2012
Ack. letter: Dated 2 Nov (received 5 Nov 2012)
Biometric letter: Dated 26 Nov (received 29.11.12)
Biometric enrolled: 29 November 2012
I've been following this particular thread keenly for a while now. I applied on 4th Oct, docs recieved 5th Oct. Acknowledgement letter recieved 25th Oct.

However, your (meemyself&I) case seems to have gone ahead of mine. Any thoughts on that? My case was straight forward and I put in everything bar the Spam sink into my application envelope.

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I am an old member of this forum and it took me 8 and a half months to get my application outcome. Now we are ready to go to paris in january to celebrate our first wedding anniversary :)

Well I was going through the forum and i have seen lots of people are still waiting which is terrible, i feel your pain guys as i waited from 08 feb to 20 oct. So I wish you all good luck and hope you guys receive it soon.

I would just like to share my knowledge and experience here as some people are very worried about being asked for extra documents if they did not send 6 months payslips. For people who applied as per OLD rules (prior to 9 july) should not worry if they did not send 6 months payslips, I applied on 8 feb12, I sent 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements for both me and my wife (brit citizen) and our savings statement. As per old rules none of the 2 partners should be on benefits and there is no particular amount you should have in your account(as compared to new rules of £18400) but £105 a week atleast after paying your bills should be left. So if you have some sort of savings its an added bonus. IF you have some sort of money saved in your current account it does help to show you both have sufficient funds.

Moreover if you have sent all the necessary documents like marriage certificate, passports and visa to show you are living in the UK and are allowed to switch within the country, correct form and fees, wedding pictures (few), employment letters(contract), payslips (3 months), bank statements (3 months), english test score(toeic) or proof of exemption ,proof of residence (tenancy agreement or mortgage papers) then it will assist them to make a decision on your application. If incase there is something missing or they are not satisfied then they might ask for further documents and in some rare cases invite for an interview which i think on this entire forum i have only heard one case. So basically, if they are not satisfied with the info provided then ofcourse they write to an applicant specifying what all info they need, so now if they require 6 months payslips then you will have to provide 6 months payslips.

So dont worry if you have sent the right documents then you all will get the positive outcome.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: 22/10/12 (by my solicitor)
Date Docs received: 19/10/12 (by my solicitor)
Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4

oonahgirl
Newly Registered

Good news

Post by oonahgirl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello everyone,

As I have been quietly reading posts on this forum for a while now, I thought I'd contribute with some good news.

I have finally received my documents back - after almost 5 months of waiting.

For those who are interested in the timeline, here it is:

Application sent: 2nd July
Application received and payment taken: 3rd July
Acknowledgment letter received: 5th July
Biometric data enrollment invitation received: 1st September (dated 29th August)
Biometric data enrolled at designated post office: 3rd September
Passport received: 29th November
Biometric residence permit: attempted delivery on 29th November; rescheduled courier for 3rd December

My circumstances: switching from Tier 1 (General) to spouse visa using form FLR(M).

I was particularly stressed about waiting because my husband and I have our traditional Indian wedding to go to at the end of December. Had we not received our travel documents back, it wouldn't be just our plans affected, but plans of our families and friends too!

I don't know if any of the 'nudges' helped speed the processing, but there have been two recently:

1) As it is their duty to check that I have the right to work in UK, my employer of two years wrote to the Home Office (there is an official form they had to fill out). As my Tier 1 visa expired at the end of July, it was only natural that they were worried that my application was outstanding for so long. They wrote to the Home Office a couple of weeks ago and received a confirmation within a week that my application was being processed. No further details were provided.

2) My husband and I also got in touch with our local MP (Zac Goldsmith, Conservative MP for Richmond Park & North Kingston) and met with a very warm and sympathetic response from one of his caseworkers. Our MP wrote to the Home Office, on our behalf, a week ago.

I also posted a letter to the Home Office (2 days ago) with wedding venue confirmation and letter from the priest in India, but this could not have had any impact as the Home Office only received it when my passport was already on its way back to me.

Whether my company's and my MP's letters had any sort of impact, I cannot know. I would like to think so.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:35 pm

AmunRah
However, your (meemyself&I) case seems to have gone ahead of mine. Any thoughts on that? My case was straight forward and I put in everything bar the Spam sink into my application envelope.
I applied on the 25th of September and still have not yet recieved my biometrics letter either. It's obvious that they do not process cases in date order as they come in.

Keep high hopes! Hopefully we will both get our letters soon! I wouldn't mind it as an early Christmas present!! :)

P.s did anyone else have trouble finding a big enough envelope? I sent mine in a postal box as no envelope would fit everything!
Last edited by CDNgirl on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmunRah
Newly Registered

Post by AmunRah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:39 pm

CDNgirl wrote:AmunRah
I applied on the 25th of September and still have not yet recieved my biometrics letter either. It's obvious that they do not process cases in date order as they come in.

Keep high hopes! Hopefully we will both get our letters soon! I wouldn't mind it as an early Christmas present!! :)
Here here CDNgirl. It's a very bizzare and twised system the UKBA seems to work with. Just as a note of cation, don't get your hopes up too high as xmas is around the corner and I'm sure the UKBA will relax even further and not put in as much work as they probably have been.

Fingers crossed they'll get off their backsides! I have seen how they work at the office in Croydon when I went with my wife to get her ILR done on the Same Day service. I'm from Kenya and I've seen corrupt civil servants in their 70's move faster than these lot!

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Oh I believe you..

Maybe Christmas was a bit to eager..my birthday is in January...I'd even take that!! (but would prefer not to wait that long...16 weeks would be a bit much for a bleeding bio letter) :)

PaulandTamuna
Newly Registered

Visa granted!

Post by PaulandTamuna » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Hello everybody!

Finally, after almost 7 month of waiting, I've got the great news this week! Here is my timeline:

Date applied/docs sent: 08 May 2012
Date application received by UKBA: 09 May 2012
Date received ack. letter: 23 May 2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 26 May 2012
Date biometrics appointment: 26 May 2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: 28 November 2012 (letter dated 27 November 2012)
Biometrics card received: Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

Wish absolutely everybody here to meet coming Christmas and New Year without waiting for their visas!!! Wish you all, with whole my heart, to receive your visas very very soon!!!

Kind regards,

Tamuna

JonPaula
Newly Registered

Post by JonPaula » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi everybody.
I have been following this blog for a few months but the situation is not getting any better. I married my Brazilian wife at the end of June and we applied for FLR(m) on the 5 July 2012. Every day that passes my wife becomes more and more depressed. She is as prisoner in our house. She cannot work, volunteer or travel to see her family. She was even thrown of an English course for not having a valid visa!

I have written letters to the UKBA directly, Theresa May, our local MP, Nick Clegg and David Cameron without any success.
Having to wait months and months for a visa is disgusting and we must change the system.

Would anybody be interested in demonstrating outside Westminster? We are sure to get publicity for our cause from the national and world press.

Jon&Paula

ID29

Re: Good news

Post by ID29 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:49 pm

oonahgirl wrote:... Whether my company's and my MP's letters had any sort of impact, I cannot know. I would like to think so.
I don't think it did to be honest.

Our timeline was identical to yours, except we got the good news 10 days sooner and we didn't contact UKBA at all.

There are many tales about people sending letters, requesting sponsor's passports etc helping to speed their cases but I'm afraid the evidence that it works is poor or none existent. While it may help people feel better because they are doing something practical, its just as likely to slow the whole system down too.

Having said all that, I am delighted that you (and others) have gotten the good news you've been waiting for.
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa From: Proposed CP

findshakil
Newly Registered

Got Biometric invitation after 14 weeks

Post by findshakil » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:50 am

Finally got biometric invitation letter after 14 weeks, it took them more then three months to just send biometric enrolment letter.

Applied on 6th july
Ack Letter 17 July
application turn invalid payment problem 17th august
Reapplied on 24th of August
Ack letter 28th august
Biometric letter 30th November
Diometric done same day at post office 30th November
now finger crossed

crowline

flrm

Post by crowline » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:42 pm

when i applied in April, i only sent my bank statements and payslips and not my wifes(whose British), as she wasn't workg and so didnt wana put a downer on my application.she still no working yet. i earn abt 16000 per annum. none of us are on benefit. seems like every1 sends both partners bank statements & payslips. does it matter? any advice appreciated.thx[/u]

taimhash
Newly Registered

recived doc today

Post by taimhash » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:38 pm

hi all

wife's visa timeline from tier 1 dependent to flr m

FLR(M) posted: 5/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 01/dec/12 (Dated 29/Nov)
Biometric Card: waiting should follow within next week

Farhak
Newly Registered

Post by Farhak » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi everyone!

We applied back in March and still waiting for our visa! So all u guys that are hurting after waiting for 5 months think about how were feeling as it's soon going to be 9 months!!! We just don't know what to do or who to contact...

The amount of emails we've wrote, letters from solicitor, even a call from the MP but nothing has made them budge and we're still waiting...

Really hope and pray that we get the visa before the end of this month :(

aprillbCDN
Newly Registered

Post by aprillbCDN » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:33 pm

I have been following this forum for a few months now and am disappointed to see how many people are suffering with extremely long wait times for FLR (M) visas.

I have dual citizenship (Canadian/British) and my partner is waiting for his FLR (M) visa extension on his first settlement visa. Our timeline:

Sent application 10.09.12
Received letter 19.09.12

We have not heard or received anything since this, including the elusive biometric letter. We have tried to phone the Border Agency and cannot get hold of a real person to talk to. We feel completely helpless and trapped!!! Looks like we are not going to Canada for Christmas... :(

alant43
Newly Registered

Re: My wife's dates etc

Post by alant43 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Update: gutted. Received a letter on friday (30/11/12) asking for a signature that we appear to have forgotten to complete on page 22 of the form, i was so sure we had completed it correctly but apparently not. Have couriered the form back to the Temporary Migration Team in Sheffield.

Everything crossed this doesn't put us back to the bottom of the pile.

alant43 wrote:My wife is from Philippines but has been in the UK since 2009 as a student. We got married in May and the Philippine embassay granted her new passport in her married name in late June.

Application (F)LRM sent to UKBA 2nd July
Application Received/signed for 4th July
Biometric Request Letter received August 28th(ish)
Biometrics enrolled 3rd September
Confirmation letter: Still waiting
BRP: Still waiting
Passports etc: Still waiting

No-one at UKBA has contact us to say they have issues with the application or that they need more information so I'm hopeful that that means it's progressing fine.

I am reticent to contact UKBA to chae in case they think I want my passport back and it voids my wife's application but it is frustrating not having any form of photo id for her.

One question I have - if we miss the delivery and have to go and collect it somewhere how do I prove who my wife is as the only photo ID she has is in the parcel (passport and old BRP)?

Anyway just thought I'd add my dates to this thread.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting for visa news

auzaman

applied in April 2012

Post by auzaman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:36 pm

I applied for my spouse FLR (M) on 7th April, Biometric taken on 27th April but no news yet. Is there any April 2012 applicant who has got a response from UKBA?
really depressed .....

backagain

Re: applied in April 2012

Post by backagain » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 pm

auzaman wrote:I applied for my spouse FLR (M) on 7th April, Biometric taken on 27th April but no news yet. Is there any April 2012 applicant who has got a response from UKBA?
really depressed .....
Auzaman,

We applied on 5 April and my biometrics were completed on 20 April. I have contacted our MP four times, sent three mails to the Home Affairs Select Committee (Keith Vaz MP), three emails to Theresa May MP, applied for three different requests for information, requested and received my wife's passport/marriage certificate (evidence that they haven't lost our file), sent additional and updated documentation (to force them to open our file to insert new docs), and called every week since we hit the six month mark.

I've now taken a new approach. I found a 2010 document that describes how UKBA staff are supposed to handle documents. I requested the updated guidance via FOIA. My goal is to use their own words and evidence to prove that they are not processing applications by procedures defined by law. Once collected, I will compile that data and submit it to the HASC that are in the process of an enquiry on the dismal work of UKBA.

There is a lot of information available on quantity of applications, initiatives to deal with illegals, sham marriages, and overstayed students, computer system failures of UKBA (3 May 2012), and the talking head of UKBA making excuse after excuse for the poor performance. Fact is, MPs are tiring of the deception from the top at UKBA.

That all noted, despite every effort I've taken I have still yet to receive a reasonable, accurate, or verifiable answer why Feb - May applicants are being neglected while latter applicants trickle through the system. All I am left with is a bushel full of conjecture, more bureaucratic stonewalling, and about to enter month 9 of my ridiculously long wait. We are converting a fiance visa to FLR(M). They already approved me to come, live, and marry my wife. Our file could not be more simple. The problem? Nobody has even looked at our case. Ergo.....no action.

Will keep you all informed when I get answers. Even once I get my visa I'll stay connected. This is the worse example of governmental incompetence I've seen in any developed country. Absolutely incredible incompetence.

luckyjinx

Re: applied in April 2012

Post by luckyjinx » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 pm

backagain wrote:I've now taken a new approach. I found a 2010 document that describes how UKBA staff are supposed to handle documents. I requested the updated guidance via FOIA. My goal is to use their own words and evidence to prove that they are not processing applications by procedures defined by law. Once collected, I will compile that data and submit it to the HASC that are in the process of an enquiry on the dismal work of UKBA.
I've only (ha! only... :( ) been waiting 5 months, but will be very interested to see what they say in case my wait stretches longer. Do you have contact details for HSAC? I'm getting ready for a complaint festival come my 6 month deadline January 5th.

There might be light at the end of the tunnel: Looking back through the topic and looking at when people's decisions have come in, it looks like there has been a huge uptick in October/November...it's not proof of anything, but it gives me hope that it will continue in December and a bunch of us will have decisions in time for Christmas.

Aus25
Newly Registered

Re: FAO..Aus25

Post by Aus25 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Skonky wrote:Aus25

I'm just curious to know if you have had any news yet?

Your timeline was on par with a few on here that have received their BRP.

Fill us in.

Hi Skonky

Thanks for asking. I am pleased to report that Friday afternoon, 4:45pm, I received an email from my immigration lawyer stating that he had received my BRP! I have been quietly celebrating with my partner all weekend. I'm not properly celebrating until I have our passports, the evidence pack, and the elusive BRP in my hands, which I hope will be this week. I've been let down so much by this process that I now can't trust anything! I'll update my timeline once I have received everything.

Anyone that used a lawyer/solicitor - did they also send the evidence pack to them, or just the BRP? I'm not sure what to expect from whom.

Just for the record - I didn't end up contacting UKBA to request anything back or to hurry them. I think ID29 was right - it doesn't help.

My wait has been just under 5 months. My heart aches for those waiting much, much longer.