ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tenancy issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SHILPA123

tenancy issue

Post by SHILPA123 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:01 am

Hello,

My husband will be applying for a spouse visa soon. I currently have a 6 month tenancy agreement that ends in march 2013. Since a spouse visa can take upto 6mnths to process, my current tenancy would have ended mid way through the application process.

Will it impact his visa? what can I do to prevent any complications.

Many thanks

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Moving Home does not affect your application, you have to provide ukba with details of your new address when you move.

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Thank you for the reply.

My husband will be applying in India. So, when I have my new tenancy where do I need to send it and address it to whom?

Regards

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 pm

I don't it takes 6 month from India. Might be worth looking at these

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 pm

When aplying for a SPouse VISA, make sure you have at least 6 months remaining in your tenancy agreement. Otherwise you are risking a refusal.

If you do not have 6 months remaining at the time of application submission. I would suggest you add in some sort of cover letter from the landlord/tenancy agency that the agreement is renewable every 6 months or something along the lines if this is only a 6 months agreement.

A standard Shothold Tenancy Agreement is usualy for 1 year.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:10 pm

I don't think it's correct, Can you please point to any case where it refused on Assured shortheld Tenancy Agreement duration, And in UK generally it is for six month and therafter one month rolling.

harv wrote:When aplying for a SPouse VISA, make sure you have at least 6 months remaining in your tenancy agreement. Otherwise you are risking a refusal.

If you do not have 6 months remaining at the time of application submission. I would suggest you add in some sort of cover letter from the landlord/tenancy agency that the agreement is renewable every 6 months or something along the lines if this is only a 6 months agreement.

A standard Shothold Tenancy Agreement is usualy for 1 year.

Hope this helps.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:34 pm

You have to prove that accommodation will be available to you both when your spouse ARRIVES in UK.

This can take the form of a tenancy agreement which should ideally be for 6 months or more