ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Birth Certificate necessary OR passport is ok

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CH

Is Birth Certificate necessary OR passport is ok

Post by CH » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Dear Friends,
Please share you expereience about Birth Certificate, Is this very necessary to be provided as a proof of age?
Actually my Date of Birth is a little different on it.(although this too meets minimum criteria of age) but case get suspicious by attaching this. However, Passport, Driving Licence, CNIC and Metriculation certificates all have one date. What do you suggest.
Regards,
ch.

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:29 pm

CH,

Ideally you should go with the birth certificate, however, since the DOB on that is different than the passport, you'd be better off showing alternative evidence in the form of DL and notarised copy of your passport.

The HSMP approval letter specifies the DOB, so even in a scenario that you get initial approval....you might get stuck during the EC process since the Passport and HSMP approval would have different DOBs.

Go for other forms of evidence of age...just think of a credible justification for not submitting your original birth certificate in case you want to mention that in your covering letter.

Regards,

CH

Post by CH » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:18 pm

Thanks hsmp.aplicant for your prompt response.

I'm a bit confused by ur answer that how I will have different DOB on my passport and Approval Letter, as I am not presenting birth certificate at all?
Is it necessary to show Birth Certificate at time of EC?

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:39 am

Hi,

Sorry If the answer was ambigious, what I wanted to suggest was that if you submit your birth certificate then the DOB on the approval letter might be different. Since, you are not going ahead with your birth certificate, this should not be problem in your case.

For the EC, you need to submit the same set of documents you submit for your initial application. If you do not submit your Birth certificate for the initial application, then you don't need to submit it at the time of EC.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards.

CH

Post by CH » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:34 am

Thanks hsmp.applicant for explanation!

If you people suggest, I may apply to my authorities for correction of DOB. It obviously will take some time however I prefer to remain safe.

So, could you please comment that in most of cases do HSMP team accepts notorized copy of passport enough OR absence of birth certificate can become a cause of rejection?

hsmp07

Thanx

Post by hsmp07 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:26 am

Thanx for ur valuable info

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:30 am

I think I mailed the above message by mistake. I had a query, correct me if I am wrong, according to the guidelines one of the two evidences for age are acceptable

Birth Certificate OR driving licence

I am planning to send just the driving licence, there is no mention of sending attested passport copies ( that only in exceptional circumstances). Now do u think I should send my birth certificate or driving licence

feb-aplicant
Newly Registered

Post by feb-aplicant » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:53 pm

Hello,
I am also in same situation and prefer to send my computerized driving licence with application with my application instead of translating and sending my birth certificate.
can any one guide if PAKISTANI driving licence is given weightage or not as I have not found any mail on it.
Thanks,
khan

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:52 am

Original Driving Licence should be fine ......

But i would suggest you also send the birth certificate along .....