ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 pm

zully wrote:
akhan47 wrote:I will have to appeal the refusal decision for my wife's visa. What will the process be like? And how long is it currently taking?

First I will appeal then what will the next step be? What's the estimated time-frame between each step?
hi....firstly sorry to hear,
you hand in appeal, with payment and any additinal supporting paperwork all togeather.

then you will receive a letter giving you a deadline which is about 19 weeks...in that time it may get overturned or they may leave their decision...if decision doesnt change.... then about another 8 weeks later you will attend court. even then t can change a few days before by the home office rep.. who may feel that they cannot win.

I think your case may not take that long, as there will be less spouse case's n maybe get overturned...
when i did my appeal another 3 people also did it around the same time. but all three of them got overturned within 3 months.... i was the unlucky one.

hope that helps
Great help, this is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Visa Refusal

Post by dolphin10 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:26 pm

My friend is British, hence a sponser for her husband who is in Pakistan. His visa was refused on 26 November 2012.

There were 2 reasons for rejection ( so I have been told)
1 There was a letter from her husband's prospective employers stating they were willing to offer him a job on his arrival in the UK - instead of supporting his case, this letter went against him
2. My friend is self- employed there were no salary slips -
hence the VISA was rejected.
He was an overstayer in this country, apparently there was no reference made to this fact.

He is thinking of appealing from Pakistan. That can't be right, the sponser has to appeal from the UK? orrect?
Some lawyer from Lahore has suggested that he lodges his appeal from Pakistan. My advice is to get a lawyer from here and lodge an appeal, their grounds for refusal seem very weak. Please advise.

------------------------------------------------
App submitted on 07/06/2012 - Lahore
App Forwarded to Islamabad OC on 07/06/2012
App under process at British High Commission 20/06/2012
Ready for collection 22/11/12
Visa refused 26/11/12

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: Visa Refusal

Post by king2be98 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:51 am

dolphin10 wrote:There were 2 reasons for rejection ( so I have been told)
1 There was a letter from her husband's prospective employers stating they were willing to offer him a job on his arrival in the UK - instead of supporting his case, this letter went against him
He was an overstayer in this country, apparently there was no reference made to this fact.

He is thinking of appealing from Pakistan. That can't be right, the sponser has to appeal from the UK? orrect?
Some lawyer from Lahore has suggested that he lodges his appeal from Pakistan. My advice is to get a lawyer from here and lodge an appeal, their grounds for refusal seem very weak. Please advise.
I hope they don't go down the path of hiring a Pakistani lawyer to appeal from Pakistan because you can't do it. The only method is to appeal from the UK and to the AIT. The have 28 days to do so. An appeal will take 6-9 months so I'd be prepared for that.

As for the process. We've produced quite a lot of information on this forum and in this thread, please do a search and you'll find detailed step by step instructions. Any specific questions for that case then feel free to ask.

1. That letter proved nohing but the fact this man may be here more for the money than for his wife. But can be fought in appeal by saying he plans on supporting his wife.

2. How can you expect a VISA if you provide no salary slips or the self employment equivalent? Of course they'll be refused. For the appeal they'll need to state why they didn't submit proof of income/salary and actually provide 6 months worth.

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Post by dolphin10 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 am

king2be98 wrote:
dolphin10 wrote:
I hope they don't go down the path of hiring a Pakistani lawyer to appeal from Pakistan because you can't do it. The only method is to appeal from the UK and to the AIT. The have 28 days to do so. An appeal will take 6-9 months so I'd be prepared for that.

As for the process. We've produced quite a lot of information on this forum and in this thread, please do a search and you'll find detailed step by step instructions. Any specific questions for that case then feel free to ask.

1. That letter proved nohing but the fact this man may be here more for the money than for his wife. But can be fought in appeal by saying he plans on supporting his wife.

2. How can you expect a VISA if you provide no salary slips or the self employment equivalent? Of course they'll be refused. For the appeal they'll need to state why they didn't submit proof of income/salary and actually provide 6 months worth.
My friend was advised that if she obtained a letter from a prospective employer (takeaway) it will strengthen her husband's case but it went against him.

All the documentation relating to her business was prepared by an accountant. Self-employed people apparantely don't have salary slips so there was none.
All other paper work was provided, such as self- assessment.

King- you seem very knowledgable about appeals, is it possible for you to provide a link to the page where I can find instructions regarding appeal.

Any good immigration lawyers around Halifax in West Yorkshire?

Sarah30

Appeal from Pakistan

Post by Sarah30 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:31 am

King2be, can you please advise why a appeal can't be made from Pakistan. I'm asking this because both me and my husband live in Pakistan, hence, we will have no option but to appeal from Pakistan.

Is there any specific reason you feel it can't be done from here, it just requires sending the package by courrier and filling out an online form, right?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 am

dolphin10 wrote:My friend was advised that if she obtained a letter from a prospective employer (takeaway) it will strengthen her husband's case but it went against him.

All the documentation relating to her business was prepared by an accountant. Self-employed people apparantely don't have salary slips so there was none.
All other paper work was provided, such as self- assessment.

King- you seem very knowledgable about appeals, is it possible for you to provide a link to the page where I can find instructions regarding appeal.

Any good immigration lawyers around Halifax in West Yorkshire?
I'm sure I have a post in this thread where I wrote the step by step guide. I'll do a search for it.

You are correct self employed people don't require pay slips, but those self employment financial docs which accountants prepare. If your friend provided this then the ECO made a mistake and it's quite common for them to do so. So in your appeal you need to put under the grounds of appeal in a nice way, there was a misunderstanding which meant the ECO mistook my status, I am self employed and here are my self employed financial docs.

You will also need to put down, the husband has a job offer to help support his wife whilst in the UK and he is not here for work, but to be with his wife. You'll need to put in the grounds of appeal the reasons why they may have done this.

I don't know any lawyers in Halifax or Yorkshire, I live in Birmingham. To be honest you don't need a lawyer, you can do it yourself, it's a very easy process and I've seen a lot of people waste money on lawyers who do jack shit and the sponsor does all the running around.

Appeal online in the UK, fastest process and you can save and alter yoru grounds of appeal a few times before you do the final submission.

You will then need to submit your documents to the AIT with the Cover letter they ask you to print off.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: Appeal from Pakistan

Post by king2be98 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am

Sarah30 wrote:King2be, can you please advise why a appeal can't be made from Pakistan. I'm asking this because both me and my husband live in Pakistan, hence, we will have no option but to appeal from Pakistan.

Is there any specific reason you feel it can't be done from here, it just requires sending the package by courrier and filling out an online form, right?
If you're applying for a settlement VISA, then you'll need to appeal through the AIT, they are based in the UK. You can appeal online as well, but you will need to send all docs to the UK. It is the process, you cannot appeal through any other method, if you do, you'll just get your docs sent back to you telling you to appeal through the correct process.

Sarah30

Post by Sarah30 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Sarah30 wrote:King2be, can you please advise why a appeal can't be made from Pakistan. I'm asking this because both me and my husband live in Pakistan, hence, we will have no option but to appeal from Pakistan.

If you're applying for a settlement VISA, then you'll need to appeal through the AIT, they are based in the UK. You can appeal online as well, but you will need to send all docs to the UK. It is the process, you cannot appeal through any other method, if you do, you'll just get your docs sent back to you telling you to appeal through the correct process.

Thanks, I understand the appeal has to be done through the AIT, just dont understand why you said an appeal can't be made from Pakistan. Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same whether we mail the documents from Pakistan or the UK. Also please confirm the online appeal can be made from Pakistan as well. Thanks

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Post by dolphin10 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Sarah30 wrote:
king2be98 wrote:

Thanks, I understand the appeal has to be done through the AIT, just dont understand why you said an appeal can't be made from Pakistan. Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same whether we mail the documents from Pakistan or the UK. Also please confirm the online appeal can be made from Pakistan as well. Thanks
Thank you King for your comprehensive reply.
King is saying that one can lodge an appeal online, this is computer age - the appeals are heard in the UK Tribunals and it makes sense to hire someone who is familiar with the UK courts.
My friend's husband attended a language school where he took his English Test, these so called "sharks are connected to language schools" all ready to pounce on their prey. The lawyer, they are thinking of hiring is even saying if they pay for his fare, food and accommodation he will fly over to the UK to represent his case.
Now what do you say to that?

Sarah30

Post by Sarah30 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm

dolphin10 wrote:
Sarah30 wrote:
king2be98 wrote:

Thank you King for your comprehensive reply.
King is saying that one can lodge an appeal online, this is computer age - the appeals are heard in the UK Tribunals and it makes sense to hire someone who is familiar with the UK courts.
My friend's husband attended a language school where he took his English
Test, these so called "sharks are connected to language schools" all ready
to pounce on their prey. The lawyer, they are thinking of hiring is even
saying if they pay for his fare, food and accommodation he will fly over to
the UK to represent his case.

I understand, only in my case we have no option but to file from Pakistan here since both me and my husband are in here. We may have to go for paper appeal since we don't know any good lawyer there and wouldn't be able to attend the hearing.

If one has a choice, I guess it would be better to hire a lawyer from there since they would be familiar with the courts there.
Now what do you say to that?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Sarah how can you apply for a settlement VISA without a Sponsor in the UK? Doesn't make sense to me.

Which VISA category did you apply under? Who is the sponsor? Is either of you a British National or have you lived in the UK before?

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Post by dolphin10 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:58 pm

king2be98 wrote:Sarah how can you apply for a settlement VISA without a Sponsor in the UK? Doesn't make sense to me.

Which VISA category did you apply under? Who is the sponsor? Is either of you a British National or have you lived in the UK before?
King, you are very knowledgable, do you work in the immigration field?

Sarah30

Post by Sarah30 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 pm

king2be98 wrote:Sarah how can you apply for a settlement VISA without a Sponsor in the UK? Doesn't make sense to me.

My husband is a British Citizen. Have applied for ILE spouse visa based on 4 year rule.

Sarah30

Post by Sarah30 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Not many people know about ILE, to the extent that even many ECO's are not aware of it so they often make a mistake by issuing regular spouse visa instead of ILE.

It's ben abolished in the new rules, but I applied under the old rules.

Sarah30

Step by Step Guide

Post by Sarah30 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:48 pm

King2be, with reference to the step by step guide to appeal that you mentioned, would appreciate if you are able to find it, if you can post a link on the thread, many thanks

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Re: Step by Step Guide

Post by dolphin10 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Sarah30 wrote:King2be, with reference to the step by step guide to appeal that you mentioned, would appreciate if you are able to find it, if you can post a link on the thread, many thanks
I think this could be the page that you are looking for - page 65

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2c13bcc034

prince007

Post by prince007 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 am

Asalaam Alaikum, today received appeal bundle from ISB, they have stated due to shortage of staff in the high commission they were unable to do a admin review, gota wait for court now which is in jan. i hope all of your Dua's are with me, will be needing it. thanks

prince007

Post by prince007 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:32 am

dolphin10 wrote:My friend is British, hence a sponser for her husband who is in Pakistan. His visa was refused on 26 November 2012.

There were 2 reasons for rejection ( so I have been told)

------------------------------------------------
App submitted on 07/06/2012 - Lahore
App Forwarded to Islamabad OC on 07/06/2012
App under process at British High Commission 20/06/2012
Ready for collection 22/11/12
Visa refused 26/11/12
hello, you should submit your appeal within 28days, and put all the evidence together for your self employment, such as reciepts of all the goods you sold, bank statements, get a business account opened, get all you tax returns, breakdown for your income for the periods you been working, reciepts of stuff you been buying etc. hope this helps brother.

Sarah30

Re: Step by Step Guide

Post by Sarah30 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 am

dolphin10 wrote:
Sarah30 wrote:King2be, with reference to the step by step guide to appeal that you mentioned, would appreciate if you are able to find it, if you can post a link on the thread, many thanks
I think this could be the page that you are looking for - page 65

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2c13bcc034
Thank you Dolphin10

taimhash
Newly Registered

recived doc today

Post by taimhash » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 pm

hi all

timeline of my wife visa from tier1 general dependent to flr m

recived all docs today 01/12/12 waiting for brp now

app sent 4th july
biometrics 1 september
waiting brp now should follow soon

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:12 pm

prince007 wrote:Asalaam Alaikum, today received appeal bundle from ISB, they have stated due to shortage of staff in the high commission they were unable to do a admin review, gota wait for court now which is in jan. i hope all of your Dua's are with me, will be needing it. thanks
Prince, this is a good thing I think in a way, 19 weeks n they couldn't look at it... Get your statement in ASAP. Maybe it may not go court... Is a solicitor gonna help you or you doing it all alone.
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

prince007

Post by prince007 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:06 am

zully wrote:
prince007 wrote:Asalaam Alaikum, today received appeal bundle from ISB, they have stated due to shortage of staff in the high commission they were unable to do a admin review, gota wait for court now which is in jan. i hope all of your Dua's are with me, will be needing it. thanks
Prince, this is a good thing I think in a way, 19 weeks n they couldn't look at it... Get your statement in ASAP. Maybe it may not go court... Is a solicitor gonna help you or you doing it all alone.
is it a good thing?

thats the problem now i dont know what to do should i use solictor or not, thing with solictor is he knows all the rules and he can have a good argue in the court and i would know what to say and how.

but how do i prepare the docz? any help

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:30 pm

prince007 wrote:
zully wrote:
is it a good thing?

thats the problem now i dont know what to do should i use solictor or not, thing with solictor is he knows all the rules and he can have a good argue in the court and i would know what to say and how.

but how do i prepare the docz? any help
Use a solicitor to appeal.Its not an easy job preparing appeal document in particular,as you need to write clear and concise points why you think the decision by the ECO is wrong.Not everybody can do that.Everything will depend on what you state in your appeal.It can make you get a visa without going to a full hearing as a good statement could help overturn the decision on review :wink:

Awaiting :(
Newly Registered

City and guilds

Post by Awaiting :( » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 am

Is there anyone on here who has been refused entry due to not providing a listening certificate for the City and Guilds English test? Or anyone heard back since appealing? Would appreciate any responses please.[/list]

Awaiting :(
Newly Registered

Appeal

Post by Awaiting :( » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 am

@prince007 and Zully, did your appeal bundles go back to Islamabad or Abu Dabhi?