ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salf27
Newly Registered

Post by salf27 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi Experts,

I have the similiar case, I was under Tier 2 ICT valid untill 03/03/2011 but I had gone for the holidays in 06/01/2011 for 4 weeks and then on 3/02/2011, I had an accident and I was advised complete bed rest for one month and In the mean time, I also got an offer from one of company in UK. They stared my visa process for Tier 2 general but rules had changed in Feb 2011 which mean that my new company had to apply for a restricted CoS which they put forward for April (UKBA has a monthly meeting on 5th of every month for the decision on the Tier 2 CoS) and they apporved my CoS. I got an appointment on 04/05/2011 in India and then got the visa valid from 10/06/2011.

Effectively , I had a gap of a month between my visa expiry and application for the CoS but the point is that UKBA only has the meeting of deciding the Tier 2 CoS on every month. So, I am wondering if home office will consider my ILF appliation with the GAP for 30 days. Also , does my application date would be cosidered when my new company applied for the restricted CoS ?