ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Su_623
Newly Registered

Post by Su_623 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Hello Everyone,

I & my husband applied for Schengen visa to Belgium and we got approved for just 15 days, from 14th Dec to 3rd Jan 2013, which is a shame as we have UK ILR and this is the first time in 5yrs we residing in UK, that we applied to Schengen visa.

We have clearly mentioned in the cover letter along with application form saying i would like to travel across a few more countries in Europe in the coming months.

Bloody hell they took £150 for both of us and gave just 15 days visa,

Is there any chance we can ask to re-consider our visa.

It is a real rip-off of money each time we want to travel to Europe till we become british citizen we need to keep applying for Visa.

Can someone please advice.

Thanks
Su..

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:50 am

they did not even follow Schengen Visa Law

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... %29:EN:NOT
Type of visa: the short-stay visa bears the identification code C.

- The duration of the visa's validity is calculated as follows: from the date of departure (e.g. 01.02.00). The period is fixed as follows: date of departure + duration of stay + period of grace of 15 days.

- The duration of the stay may not exceed 90 days in any six-month period (30 days in the example shown here).