ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mn1 applied from abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imram
Newly Registered

mn1 applied from abroad

Post by imram » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:28 pm

i have applied registration for my son as a british citizen under mn1 sec 1(3)
from outside the united kingdom i have checked on dhl website that application has been received in the uk by ukborder agency in liverpool on 31 august 2012 and the fee was deducted from my account on 6th of september 2012.
i am worried about how i am going to get the acknowledgement letter from them.
because in uk you will get it by post after couple of days after a fee deduction
will they inform me by email or by post abroad and when
i would appreciate your help.

with regards

imram
Newly Registered

Post by imram » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:49 pm

is there any senior member in the forum who knows the answer.

with regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Since the rules only changed in July (before an application was made to the British diplomatic post), I'm not sure you will find people here with experience in this matter.

It is stated that the registration certificate should be collected from the British diplomatic post in the country you apply from but I'm not sure what will they do with the acknowledgement letter. My guess is a letter by airmail so might take 1-2 week to arrive.

shamm123
Newly Registered

Please update....

Post by shamm123 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Can you update about the outcome?? Was the application processed on time when you applied from outside the UK?