ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KAIRALI
Newly Registered

Post by KAIRALI » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:01 am

Hi

Good gracious GOD!!....if what i heard is true...im relieved...

thankyou..jeeves for such a wonderful information couldnt eat or sleep

for days...

even if its not true..(God forbid..)you gave me such a great relief for atleast some time...
we can can pray to God for this to be true..

warm regards
kairali

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi All
jeeves or anyone else have any information which month applications they considering my company applied on 15 Aug

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:58 pm

jibri wrote:Hi All
jeeves or anyone else have any information which month applications they considering my company applied on 15 Aug
My future employer applied 27 July... No word yet, but at the rate they are going through applications these days (88 added Friday), I expect to be hearing Monday or Tuesday. Some people who applied in the start of August have heard. See the other thread on small company applying for sponsor license...

I left my previous job at the end of August (start of new term, couldnt stay there another three months!!!) Cant wait to submit this application!!!! (knowing my luck it will get rejected because of the gap between leaving the old employer and trying to start with the new one! Thanks UKBA!!

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Jeeves wrote:Don't quote me on this but earlier today I was on the phone to the UKBA (0300 123 4699) and was told that they have had a change of policy; they will now accept Tier 2 LTR applications without a CoS as long as the employer has applied for a licence. The advisor suggested that a letter from the employer be included with the application giving details of when the licence was applied for.

I cannot guarantee the above is true but the advisor stated that an email had been circulated confirming this change to the internal guidance.

Has anyone else heard this?
Hi Jeeves,

This would be great. Do you have any idea if ukba send the emails to employers waiting license to inform them of this option? :(

Thanks

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:23 pm

mm0909 wrote: Hi Jeeves,

This would be great. Do you have any idea if ukba send the emails to employers waiting license to inform them of this option? :(

Thanks
Not to my knowledge, for anyone affected it might be worth getting the employer to call the UKBA to clarify.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 am

Jeeves wrote:Don't quote me on this but earlier today I was on the phone to the UKBA (0300 123 4699) and was told that they have had a change of policy; they will now accept Tier 2 LTR applications without a CoS as long as the employer has applied for a licence. The advisor suggested that a letter from the employer be included with the application giving details of when the licence was applied for.

I cannot guarantee the above is true but the advisor stated that an email had been circulated confirming this change to the internal guidance.

well, i hope this is the case, as i have already committed to this. i.e. sent mine without COS, and have sent the COS afterwards. Hopefully they will match it up!

rocky_84
Newly Registered

Post by rocky_84 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi

Few updates regarding my application status :

- My company applied for license in Apr 2012.
-My visa expired in September last week. We applied (without COS) along with a cover letter from my employer.
-Documents sent by my ex-HR were not attested, so UKBA sent a mail asking for the correct 'attested' documents to be sent within two days.
-License application was rejected, reason being 'not satisfied with one of the new documents.' and said 'no right to appeal.'
-We (i.e me and my wife) received our bio metrics letter in 1st week of October.
-We tried to follow gameover_786 by delaying our bio-metrics. But, with the scary thought of our application being rejected, we gave it by end of October.
-Two days later, my company reapplied again (this time with an approval from a solicitor) for an assurance.
-When a request was made to the UKBA to consider the application due to visa expiry of an employee, they replied back the below on 30 november 2012

'Thank you for your enquiry regarding the status of your application. We can confirm that your application is being treated as urgent and will be assigned to a caseworker shortly.

Due to the high level of sponsor licence applications which continue to be received, casework processing times are currently taking longer than our published service standard of 4 weeks. If your application requires further consideration, such as further documentation or a visit by UKBA staff, processing times will be significantly longer. It will help us to deal with your application if you can ensure that they have submitted all the required documentation, paid the correct fee and are available for a visit by UKBA officers, should one be necessary. Guidance on documentation and fees can be found on our website: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk

Please be assured that we are doing all that we can to ensure that delays, in considering applications are not prolonged.'

Good news is yesterday i.e 3rd december my company was on the sponsor list.
We have no updates regarding our visa applications yet. Hopefully if everything falls in place, I will update again.

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Does the Employer's letter need to attested ?

Post by Drew2012 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi, I'm on a Tier2 General - and my visa is about to expire next Friday & don't have a COS. My HR has given a covering letter to me addressed to the UKBA.

My question is, do i need to get it attested ? Its on the company letter head and signed and stamped so should be ok, right ?

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Does the Employer's letter need to attested ?

Post by hashmil » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Drew2012 wrote:Hi, I'm on a Tier2 General - and my visa is about to expire next Friday & don't have a COS. My HR has given a covering letter to me addressed to the UKBA.

My question is, do i need to get it attested ? Its on the company letter head and signed and stamped so should be ok, right ?
Yep, well that's what i did at least. Just company letterhead and signature.
rocky_84 wrote:Hi

Few updates regarding my application status :

- My company applied for license in Apr 2012.
-My visa expired in September last week. We applied (without COS) along with a cover letter from my employer.
-Documents sent by my ex-HR were not attested, so UKBA sent a mail asking for the correct 'attested' documents to be sent within two days.
-License application was rejected, reason being 'not satisfied with one of the new documents.' and said 'no right to appeal.'
-We (i.e me and my wife) received our bio metrics letter in 1st week of October.
-We tried to follow gameover_786 by delaying our bio-metrics. But, with the scary thought of our application being rejected, we gave it by end of October.
-Two days later, my company reapplied again (this time with an approval from a solicitor) for an assurance.
-When a request was made to the UKBA to consider the application due to visa expiry of an employee, they replied back the below on 30 november 2012

'Thank you for your enquiry regarding the status of your application. We can confirm that your application is being treated as urgent and will be assigned to a caseworker shortly.

Due to the high level of sponsor licence applications which continue to be received, casework processing times are currently taking longer than our published service standard of 4 weeks. If your application requires further consideration, such as further documentation or a visit by UKBA staff, processing times will be significantly longer. It will help us to deal with your application if you can ensure that they have submitted all the required documentation, paid the correct fee and are available for a visit by UKBA officers, should one be necessary. Guidance on documentation and fees can be found on our website: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk

Please be assured that we are doing all that we can to ensure that delays, in considering applications are not prolonged.'

Good news is yesterday i.e 3rd december my company was on the sponsor list.
We have no updates regarding our visa applications yet. Hopefully if everything falls in place, I will update again.
Welcome to the club! I guess it's 3 of us in here pretty much on the same boat now. Let's see how things turn out!! - also, don't forget, you have to send in the Sponsor license number and the details filled in in Section M of the application form

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Post by Drew2012 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi, when you said "Yep, well that's what i did at least. Just company letterhead and signature." does that mean you got your letter attested ??

Sorry if i sound confusing.

And yes, looks like its the three of us.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Drew2012 wrote:Hi, when you said "Yep, well that's what i did at least. Just company letterhead and signature." does that mean you got your letter attested ??

Sorry if i sound confusing.

And yes, looks like its the three of us.
To Drew,

You do not need to get your company cover letter attested as you sending them the original.

To Rocky,

You next step is to send them your cos details. Anyway all the best with your application i am glad you got your company license sorted.

I have no news on my application so fare as soon as i have any i will let all you guys know.

Thanks
Last edited by gameover_786 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Post by Drew2012 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks 'gameover_786' !! :)

I will then send it with the normal Tier2 application form. And i did notice today that a new form will be coming into effect from next week Thursday 13th. :(

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Post by crazyjelly » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:39 pm

hashmil wrote:

well, i hope this is the case, as i have already committed to this. i.e. sent mine without COS, and have sent the COS afterwards. Hopefully they will match it up!
Hi Hashmil,

Did you go for your biometric enrolment before submitting your COS?

my company applied for a sponsorship license in the first week of Oct.

my visa expired on 16/11/12

urgent treatement made on 2/11/12.

UKBA said my company's application's now being treated as urgent on 2/11/12, an hour after the request had been sent.

tier 2 general application sent without COS on 15/11/2012

Biometric enrolment letter received on 8/12/12 (dated on 5/12/12)

SPONSOPRSHIP LICENSE = STILL PENDING

**my company uses an agency for sponsorship license and my visa application. I asked the guy if I should go for my biometrics and if my application will be considered as invalid after biometrics since I've failed to provide a COS (as people in this forum dont advise to go for the biometrics until a COS's been allocated) However, the guy said I should go for the biometrics or the UKBA will reject my application if I do not...!!!

has the UKBA recently made any changes to the regulations which relates to any tier2 application without a COS (due to pending sponsorship license application)?

I am lost and confused...thought I would be getting the same advice from the agency as what I could get from this forum :(

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Post by Drew2012 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Hello crazyjelly,

I personally think going for the Biometric and getting that done is the best way forward. They know that you are waiting for the lilcense and then the COS to come, so its not really your fault.

Fingers crossed.

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Going mad with this VISA thing

Post by vinay1986 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Student here, have a job, satisfy all criteria yet unable to make application because the whole UK immigration system is a shame.

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Anyone having problem with Online system

Post by vinay1986 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm

One of my director is trying to register and apply for a sponsorship licence but the system is giving this constant error message: "The System is currently busy. Please try again later."

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Hello Guys,

An other update on my application. Today my HR manager received a call from UKBA regarding my COS. They had a query regarding my salary. According to UKBA for the qualification i have, the salary is less. My HR manger relied them with the appropriate answer as we consulted with the salary guideline provided by UKBA.

The person told her to send him an email or amend the information on my COS.

Well i am happy to know that they received my cos and working on my application but at the same time very nervous.

I will update you all whatever happens next.

Cheers

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 am

Hi,

Could anyone please let me know which CoS is needed. I am switching from PSW to Tier 2 (general).
Cheers!!
Simi

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:01 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Hello Guys,

An other update on my application. Today my HR manager received a call from UKBA regarding my COS. They had a query regarding my salary. According to UKBA for the qualification i have, the salary is less. My HR manger relied them with the appropriate answer as we consulted with the salary guideline provided by UKBA.

The person told her to send him an email or amend the information on my COS.

Well i am happy to know that they received my cos and working on my application but at the same time very nervous.

I will update you all whatever happens next.

Cheers
this is very positive news, basically says that they have connected both part of the applications! phew!

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 pm

SimiP wrote:Hi,

Could anyone please let me know which CoS is needed. I am switching from PSW to Tier 2 (general).
Unrestricted. This is what i did too.

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Start Application

Post by vinay1986 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi Guys, a quick summary! My company recently applied for a sponsor licence but it seems this might take a long time. I will have to apply for my VISA by end of January. I wanted to ask few questions which I am sure will be very helpful to everybody (those who are going to apply). These question are only who will obtain a certificate of sponsorship but are waiting for their company who already made application to obtain a sponsorship licence:

1. Apply online/By post/by person?
2. Do leave things unfilled? i.e. Sponsorship licence number
3. Do you have a certificate of sponsorship (yes or no??)/ if yes, question M2 blank?
4. Regarding section O: I do have £900, but I was wondering what happens if I provide both? I can provide evidence I have funds "PLUS" My sponsor is A Rated and certified maintenance?

Gameover_786, we would really appreciate if you could also provide your views on the above.

Thanks a lot everyone, hope we will all be smiling when we get though all of this...

gameover_786

Re: Start Application

Post by gameover_786 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi Vinay,

There is no hard and fast rule it is entirely your personal choice what you want to say in your application as personal circumstances are different for every one. I tell you what i did:
vinay1986 wrote:Hi Guys, a quick summary! My company recently applied for a sponsor licence but it seems this might take a long time. I will have to apply for my VISA by end of January. I wanted to ask few questions which I am sure will be very helpful to everybody (those who are going to apply). These question are only who will obtain a certificate of sponsorship but are waiting for their company who already made application to obtain a sponsorship licence:

1. Apply online/By post/by person?

I applied by post.

2. Do leave things unfilled? i.e. Sponsorship licence number

Yes left these things unfilled

3. Do you have a certificate of sponsorship (yes or no??)/ if yes, question M2 blank?

For some reason i ticked yes, not really sure y? but it is up to you really. And i do not think that it is going to make any difference at the end.

4. Regarding section O: I do have £900, but I was wondering what happens if I provide both? I can provide evidence I have funds "PLUS" My sponsor is A Rated and certified maintenance?

There is no harm but at the same time it is not going to make a difference. You need to score 10 points for maintenance of funds which you can achieve by providing them your bank statement. I suggest you to keep the things straight forward, do not go in to complications.

Gameover_786, we would really appreciate if you could also provide your views on the above.

Thanks a lot everyone, hope we will all be smiling when we get though all of this...
Hope it helps.

Thanks

SimiP

Post by SimiP » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 am

hashmil wrote:
SimiP wrote:Hi,

Unrestricted. This is what i did too.
Thanks!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

rocky_84
Newly Registered

waiting for ukba post

Post by rocky_84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:12 pm

HI guys my company was listed on the sponsor list on 3-dec but we hve not had any post from them yet ,which has the login and other details for the sponsor management system. can anyone tell me how long it took to get the post from ukba?

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 pm

hi guys,

I think UKBA made a decision on my application. Do not know the decision yet as i was not home and they left a note with a reference number for me to arrange a re delivery.

I am sure it is a pack from home office as i am not expecting any posts which requires signature. The courier company is DX which is unusual. I know home office always uses royal mail and 2nd class recorded delivery.

Well the quick response gives an idea that may be UKBA have outsourced the Tier 2 applications to speed up the process.

Not sure about the final decision but i am quite hopeful. Please wish me luck and i will update you all on Friday as my re delivery date is 14/12/12.

Regards