ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirements - Sponsor changing jobs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fredup
Newly Registered

Financial requirements - Sponsor changing jobs

Post by fredup » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi All,

Having searched the forum I am really grateful for all the contributions, however I have one remaining question, it would be great if anybody out there has the answer :)

I have lived abroad for the past four years, where I met my wife - we married two years ago and have lived together since.

I returned to the UK in August and started the search for employment. With the UK economy being what it is I had some difficulty getting a job that I actually wanted to do, so was forced to start looking at options of any jobs purely on the basis that I needed 6 months of salary slips to present to the UKBA so that I can apply for a spouse visa for my wife.

At the beginning of October I started a job that pays a basic salary which is over the £18,600 specified by the UKBA, happy days.

The situation now is that I utterly despise this job. I will do it if I absolutely have to, purely to get the visa, and then switch once the wife is in the country however in the mean time I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I switch jobs during the 6 month period and supply (for example) 3 salary slips from my current employer, and 3 from another employer as long as they are all over the minimum amount required? The reason I ask is that I have since been talking to a friend who may be prepared to offer me a job at the company they work at - which is a job I would much prefer to do.

2) If I do stay in the job I am in now - does my employment have to be continuous throughout her application process? ie/ if I get six months salary slips racked up, can I then get the wifes application in straight away, quit my job the day after the application is submitted and take time out unemployed to look for another job while her application is being processed? If her application is refused and we re-apply will I have to provide 6 months salary slips from the 6 months directly prior to the re-application? If that is the case then I am guessing i will have to stay in this job right up until the date her visa is granted and she enters the UK, just to be safe....

I thank you for taking this time to read this, if I have been unclear please feel free to ask for clarification on any of the points, and I thank you in advance for your responses :)

All the best,

Fredup

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 pm

1) You could - but you'd instantly have to provide 12 months of salary proof, not 6 - the requirement which limits you to 6 months payslips/bank statements is that you've been employed by the same employer for more than 6 months.

2) In theory, you could leave the job and the ECO might be none the wiser. Equally, the ECO might decide to check the validity of your application and call the company who would then say you don't work there any more at which point you might get rejected. And yes - if you re-applied - you'd have to provide another 6 or 12 months of salary proof.

M.

fredup
Newly Registered

Post by fredup » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:43 pm

MPH80 wrote:1) You could - but you'd instantly have to provide 12 months of salary proof, not 6 - the requirement which limits you to 6 months payslips/bank statements is that you've been employed by the same employer for more than 6 months.

2) In theory, you could leave the job and the ECO might be none the wiser. Equally, the ECO might decide to check the validity of your application and call the company who would then say you don't work there any more at which point you might get rejected. And yes - if you re-applied - you'd have to provide another 6 or 12 months of salary proof.

M.
Thank you very much for that, it's great to have some simple, easy to understand clarification. Looks like I'm staying in this job until my wife enters the UK :roll: I guess I should be thankful I can meet the requirements... :)

Thanks again

Fredup