ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint account as fund evidence for tier 1 dependent postal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vbathineni
Newly Registered

Joint account as fund evidence for tier 1 dependent postal

Post by vbathineni » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:49 pm

I am on Tier 1 general, my visa was extended on last friday and valid till Dec,2015.

Now i am applying Tier 1 general dependent for my wife through Postal Application. My doubt is can i use Joint account for Maintenance Fund.? Joint account is on the name of Me and My wife. I am the primary account holder.

In the policy guidance in point 91 i found following clause

the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children
only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom

they clearly mentioned that statement can show main applicant name and/or family member making the application. Does this mean a Joint account?
[/quote]

madhumesh
India

Re: Joint account as fund evidence for tier 1 dependent post

Post by madhumesh » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:04 pm

vbathineni wrote:I am on Tier 1 general, my visa was extended on last friday and valid till Dec,2015.

Now i am applying Tier 1 general dependent for my wife through Postal Application. My doubt is can i use Joint account for Maintenance Fund.? Joint account is on the name of Me and My wife. I am the primary account holder.

In the policy guidance in point 91 i found following clause

the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children
only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom

they clearly mentioned that statement can show main applicant name AND/or family member making the application. Does this mean a Joint account?

I don't see what's confusing in guidance, it is clear and concise.