ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refusal appeal for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hardrocker
Newly Registered

visa refusal appeal for spouse

Post by hardrocker » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi everyone

My wife applied for her visa from Pakistan as i am settled here in UK with ILR. Her visa application was refused yesterday and the refusal letter states all the list of documents under financial requirement and that i have not provided all of them. I provided the bank statements, six months pay slips, employer letter with all the required details. The only thing i did not provide was the employment contract which was given to me in 2007. The letter mentions that i can appeal and i will and will provide the employment contract even though my salary and other details have changed but i am still with the same company. My main question is whether i should do paper appeal or oral appeal and also how long it usually takes under these two appeals for the process to be completed

hds
Newly Registered

Visa

Post by hds » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:26 pm

my wife has been refused and the exact same reason has been given. Can i ask when did your wife apply. Now i have asked a solicitor how much it will cost to appeal, they have told me if i do it through them it will cost couple of thousands of pounds, due to barrister required aswell. In my case i dont want to go through solicitors. It can be done myself. But thats not the only problem, also it takes upto a year for an appeal, hearing and visa stamped ready to travel. I am not prepared to wait that long as i had a response within to months for the application. I am thinking of submitting a fresh application, and my advice to you would be if time isnt an issue for you, and you can wait upto a year then appeal. If you want a quick response then reapply.

hardrocker
Newly Registered

Post by hardrocker » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah agreed but i have also heard that if the appeal is overturned then we dont have to appear in court and the process is quicker. I dont want to pay another application fee and wait again to know whether its approved or not because it can get refused again. Still havent decided what i will do. Also do you know how the process works under paper and oral appeal

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:10 pm

hardrocker wrote:Yeah agreed but i have also heard that if the appeal is overturned then we dont have to appear in court and the process is quicker. I dont want to pay another application fee and wait again to know whether its approved or not because it can get refused again. Still havent decided what i will do. Also do you know how the process works under paper and oral appeal
Please see the UKBA link which explains about the appeal process in detail:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... o/appeals/
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:24 pm

You need to write full reason for refusal before some one with more experience can advise you to appeal or reapply.Dont forget reapplying does not guarantee a visa .You also have a 28 day time limit to appeal. so you better get things moving fast

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:56 pm

hardrocker wrote:Hi everyone

I have made an appeal as my spouse visa was refused since there were couple of documents missing which i have provided with the appeal. They have come back to me now saying they will now contact me end May 2013 to provide a hearing date which will be in another two months from May. So the whole process can take me into September . My question is can i apply for a visit visa in the mean time to be with my husband and come back once the appeal process is complete
Lucapooka wrote:Yes, you can apply but it will, in all likelihood, be refused.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:57 pm

hardrocker wrote:Hi everyone

My spouse's appeal was allowed 2 weeks ago by First-tier tribunal. They told me the determination letter has been sent to home office in UK. My wife applied from Pakistan. I dont know for sure who sends the call letter. I just need a contact number for home office where I can speak with someone and confirm the process. The number for Croydon office is useless as no one picks up.

Thank you
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.