ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Validity

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tikejhya

SOC Validity

Post by tikejhya » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:00 am

Hi all,

I went through tier2 guidance, and i am confused/unclear regarding cos validity, if anyone could make me clear on this.

My company applied license and unrestricted cos and recieved on 25th September, which mentions validity of unrestricted cos until 1 year.
while some place reading i saw unrestricted cos validity is for 3 months.
.......................................................................................................
• has been assigned no more than three months before the date of application; and
• has a start date no more than three months after the date of application; and.............................................................................................

does this mean, initial unrestricted cos granted by homeoffice is of 1 year and once its applied for certain employee it will be valid only for 3 months?

please suggest
Tikejhya

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:32 pm

CoS allocations (unrestricted) are valid for 12 months (for Tier 2 General and ICT this runs inline with the UK tax year).

Once assigned a CoS must be used (i.e. a visa applied for within 3 months).

The visa cannot be applied for any earlier than 3 months prior to the job 'start date' specified on the CoS.

tikejhya

Post by tikejhya » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Great thank you.