ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension Documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ocean77
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension Documents

Post by ocean77 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:33 pm

HI All,

Just wanted to check with people who have already applied if my document list is complete for HSMP Extension. I came to UK in May 2006 on 1 year initial HSMP, Got a job in Aug 2006 and need to apply for extension in February.

Here are the documents

Cover Letter
2 Photos with my name written on the back
Passport & Original HSMP approval
Original Degree Certificate
Letter from university stating that the degree of education was English and that the name of university has changed
Payslips for last 6 months (for 8 months out of 12 category)
Bank Statement for last 6 months (for 8 months out of 12 category)

Q1. I dont have any tax documents since I i will be getting the P60 only in april and P45 is only given if i leave the job. Is payslip & bank stmt. sufficient?

Q2. Do i need to show any documents for the UK Experience (5 points)?

Q3. DO i need to provide any documents as proof for residence? council tax bills, utility bills etc??

Q4. Earlier, we could apply upto 5 weeks before the expiry date. Is that still the same or i can apply earlier since it seems they are taking longer nowadays?

Thanks in advance for your help!

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:40 pm

It is highly recommended not to apply prior to 5 weeks. It does'nt matter how much time they are taking to process the applications. If they make the decision in 10 weeks, it does'nt matter as you are still legal once you have applied and you are waiting for the decision.

baskey

Re: HSMP Extension Documents

Post by baskey » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:47 pm

ocean77 wrote:HI All,

Just wanted to check with people who have already applied if my document list is complete for HSMP Extension. I came to UK in May 2006 on 1 year initial HSMP, Got a job in Aug 2006 and need to apply for extension in February.

Here are the documents

Cover Letter
2 Photos with my name written on the back
Passport & Original HSMP approval
Original Degree Certificate
Letter from university stating that the degree of education was English and that the name of university has changed
Payslips for last 6 months (for 8 months out of 12 category)
Bank Statement for last 6 months (for 8 months out of 12 category)

Q1. I dont have any tax documents since I i will be getting the P60 only in april and P45 is only given if i leave the job. Is payslip & bank stmt. sufficient?

Q2. Do i need to show any documents for the UK Experience (5 points)?

Q3. DO i need to provide any documents as proof for residence? council tax bills, utility bills etc??

Q4. Earlier, we could apply upto 5 weeks before the expiry date. Is that still the same or i can apply earlier since it seems they are taking longer nowadays?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Just a question, How can you claim UK experience 5 points when you have not worked in the UK for 12 months. I assume previously , you have not worked in the UK.

Also I understand, you can apply for extension not more than 5 weeks in advance. Why do u want to apply in Feb07 when your visa valid till May07.

If you can't provide P60, mention it clearly that why you are not able to do so in the application form. It seems , Caseworkers are lacking common sense by seeing some of the rejection stories here.

Good luck

Regards,

Baskey

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:49 pm

if initial HSMP was for 12+ months, then he only needs to show 16,000 was earned in UK

if intitial HSMP was 12- months, then only need to show 10,650 earned in UK

For the main earnings section - you need to show evidence for the continual 12month/8month period you are claiming for, but during that period you might have income from diff countries, and it should be fine if you made the 16,000 from working just 1 month in the UK

ajex-2000

Post by ajex-2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:50 pm

:D

I agree with Shock boy totally and am in exactly same situation as ocean...

I propose to apply just a week befor my renewal is due.....

One quick quetion , Is the letter from employer sufficient for showing the salary for the month in which I put in my application i.e Feb as I will not be paid still but need to account those to reach the required points...

I think one should claim exceptional circumstances for the salary for the month in which one is applying....

Ocean,

You can also attch IELTS TRF if u already have otherwise sign the declaration...

Any income in last 8 months out side UK will also help ...

Cheers

Ajex

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:04 pm

you will need 2 forms of evidence still - so if you dont have taxreturn/p60 or bank statement for January earnings- you will have to provide as minimum an employer letter + payslip.

Payslip implies you've been paid, so you may as well go the bank that day and ask them to print out a statement on letterhead showing that transaction (i.e. your name, company name money was received from, the amount etc).
Thats what i did for my 8th month of earnings.

When the normal statement finally came in the post, i mailed it to Home Office as additional evidence, since the format of it is consistent with the other 7 months.

As for the OPs question regarding Utility bills etc...no you dont need them for HSMP extension.
For purposes of showing you have funds to support yourself in UK (since it is on the checklist), i just said on the covering letter to look at the balance of my bank accounts.

ocean77
Newly Registered

Post by ocean77 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Thanks for all the valuable inputs

Basky, regarding your points
Just a question, How can you claim UK experience 5 points when you have not worked in the UK for 12 months. I assume previously , you have not worked in the UK.
As per the official documentation, if previous HSMP was for 12 months or less, you can claim 5 points if:
a) You qualify under previous earnings section
b) Atleast 10,650 were earned in UK

Also I understand, you can apply for extension not more than 5 weeks in advance. Why do u want to apply in Feb07 when your visa valid till May07.
Sorry if i mentioned incorrectly anywhere but the visa expire March mid.. So plan to apply by Feb mid.

Shockboy, thanks for all your inputs.. I reach the required points with 6 months salary only and so i do not need to wait for the next salary.. However, i think i will include a letter from the company. Anyone got any formats which to be used?

Thanks once again.

ahmeds
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

could any one guide me please !

Post by ahmeds » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:08 pm

.ok
Last edited by ahmeds on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:29 pm

re: income

you will need to pick 8 months out of the 12 you have been in UK on HSMP and provide evidence of what was PAID to you, gross, each month.

i.e. if you have only been in permie job since january, you have only earnt approx £17,000 gross in that job by june

You can use the contract AND/OR permie job income - so long as the gross amount for the 8 month period is >= the amount for the points you require.

re: IELTS

does that letter say "all study was taught in English" ?
thats the most important piece of information :)

re: when to apply

you can apply the day before visa expiry if you like - you can still work in UK after your current FLR expiry until a decision is made (just like i am now)

re: contract payslips

why can you not call the former employer and explain you need them for HSMP?

ahmeds
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ahmeds » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:02 pm

ok
Last edited by ahmeds on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:25 pm

i am really not sure about your income.

On one hand i think its best to show everything you earned in that period, but on the other hand if you dont have all the evidence for it, it may be better not submitting any of the contract information and not claiming the extra income.

if it was me, i would be phoning the umbrella company (i work through one too) and asking for stamped/signed copies.
It really isnt an unreasonable request, even if you have finished with them now.
Worst case scenario - go to their office yourself with the payslips already printed - so all they have to do it stamp/sign it.

ive prob sent too much:
payslips (stamped/signed)
dividend vouchers (stamped/signed)
bank statements
letter from umbrella company showing gross/tax/net amount each month
letter from contracting agency showing gross income invoiced
copies of contracts
p60+taxreturn for 2005/2006 (even though i am not claiming earnings in that year)
letter from university (english language)
degree certificates (ordinary and honours degree)
naric letter
passport
photos
covering letter

ahmeds
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ahmeds » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Wish you a very good luck for you FLR result.

I am sure you will be sucessful..

Let me know your result as soon as you get the result.

Ahmed
Last edited by ahmeds on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:41 pm

I've been asked by my company to apply for an HSMP extension 'rejection' before they apply for a Work permit.

I feel I do not qualify as I'm 35 years old and I've earned only £10,551 (1.e. after NI and Income tax reductions) in the past 8 months working in the UK. (It's a one-year HSMP visa)

Could someone tell me how many points I can claim for £10,551. The reason why I ask is do we calculate this income after NI and Income Tax deductions, or before it.

£10,551 is what I've actually 'taken home' in the past six months.

Will appreciate if someone can someone clarify this for me. :cry:

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:46 pm

its GROSS income you are claiming against, so your figure will be higher

isnt it on payslips for past 8 months?

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:58 pm

shockboy2000 wrote:its GROSS income you are claiming against, so your figure will be higher

isnt it on payslips for past 8 months?
My Gross for the past eight months is 13,667 earned in the UK. (i.e. before income tax and NI deductions)

Any luck?

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:12 pm

way i figure it is:

Earnings : 15
UK earnings : 5
---------------------------
subtotal : 20 points.

which means, even with a PhD (50points), unfortunately only come in at 70 points :(

The FLR(HSMP) says to stop completing the form IF you have less than 75 points AND you are employed (i.e. you are not SELF employed).

I'd be asking your company to read the FLR(HSMP) guidance + application form themselves, and ask your company to pay the £335 if they insist on sending it in

EDIT: whoops...yes they need to have a rejected FLR(HSMP) before they can apply for work permit for you without having to advertise for your job. Does this mean you MUST send in FLR(HSMP) with claiming 70 points only?
What a scam for £335 ! Anyway, i am not best one to advise here. I know they've discussed this on forum at ukresident.com .... have a read there, actual immigration consultants regularly participate in conversation there.

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:58 pm

\x
Last edited by Cheated on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahmeds
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ahmeds » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:25 am

Hello shockboy2000,

I just wanted to check if you get the decision from HO?

I hope your decision will be positive.

Regards,

ajex-2000

couple of quick ones

Post by ajex-2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:17 pm

Hi all,

I will be applying for my FLR in next 48 hrs ( reach 75 points :D and IELTS band 8 ) but still keeping my fingers crossed and need help from u Guys,

1>on the FLR form what do we write in contact details of the Payer s no 4- 'Your Refrence'
2>What is 'HSMP reference Number' in the section 2 Personal details of the applicant??? I know HO ref ... but what is HSMP reference number...

will highly appreciate a quick response...

Many Thanks in advance....

Ajex

Brentford

ajex-2000

???

Post by ajex-2000 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:22 am

Hi Guys,

What Is HSMP reference number asked on FLR HSMP form??????

Is it the same as HO ref no????

Cheers

Ajex

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:24 am

ajex ..

it is the same ref number provided by the HO.

ajex-2000

Thanks

Post by ajex-2000 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:42 am

Thanx Sunil for the clarification....

:D Cheers

Ajex